3rd Trimester
Options

Progesterone shots and pending birth

I am 36 wks and 3 days today.  My first DD was born 7 weeks early so I had progesterone injections for 20 weeks and just had my last injection 2 days ago.  I was wondering if any other moms out there had these injections and when your babies were born.  I only know 2 people who have had these shots and was wondering if other moms made it to 40 weeks or if they delivered earlier?  Feeling as though I am ready and waiting now!

Re: Progesterone shots and pending birth

• Options
    I've heard of the suppositories as my supervisor had them for the short cervix also.  I had the injections to prevent pre-term labor as my first child was born at 33 wks because my water broke.  The injections are intended to prevent pre-term contractions, water rupture, etc. 
  • Options
    I had dd2 a week and a half later. with bed rest :) We are on baby 3
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had DS at 36 weeks 6 days a week and a day after my last shot, this time my last shot will be at 36 weeks hoping to make it to 37 weeks.
  • Options
    I wanted to let everyone know that I delivered my LO at 37 wks 5 days after being induced.  Babies heart rate was dropping during my contractions during an NST thus my Dr recommended induction since I was considered term.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"