March 2014 Moms
Options

Postpartum Emotions

I am having a really really hard time lately. I am 2.5 weeks pp and feeling really blah. I don't know if it's just "baby blues" or if it's more than that at this point. I sob daily and feel really overwhelmed with taking care of baby. I am still sore; I hate what's going on with my body and just feel like I crawling in a pit. 

Anyone else having a hard time? How do you cope? Is there anything you are finding that will make you feel better? 

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Postpartum Emotions

• Options
    I don't have any advice but want to say take care of yourself!!!! *hugs*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options
    SmittyPantsSmittyPants member
    edited March 2014
    I haven't delivered #2 yet, but I felt the same way after delivering my first. It went away after 2 weeks though. If you're still sobbing daily and feeling like you want to disappear, I would put in a call to your OB or midwife. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SmittyPants - I am already on 100mg of Zoloft so I thought it would help and keep things at bay, but I don't know anymore. 

• Options
    1 week past delivery, and definitely feeling overwhelmed.
    I cope by crying because thats all i know what to do.
    Its hard to talk about what i'm feeling with my husband and mom because i cannot put it in words.
    I think part of my problem is exhaustion. I cannot bring myself to sleep when someone else is watching her.
    I'm going to give myself a week or week in a half longer before i call my doc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would call for sure! You dont deserve to feel like that. Maybe a medication change or adjustment is needed. Take care!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @amymheidecker - I hear ya. I don't even know how to explain it to my DH. I just cry because that's what I know how to do. 

• Options
    :( hugs

No real advice as I'm a FTM with an inside baby... but with any kind of sadness/depression I would say just keep letting those tears flow and keep talking about it with those close to you (or here if you feel more comfortable about it).  Don't try to tackle emotional hurdles alone

Hope it passes
  • Options
    Im sorry to hear this :/ I still have an inside baby and I'm a FTM so I can't imagine what it's like yet.
    Do you have a friend you can call and ask to just come over and talk with and maybe have them just hold baby while you go take a hot bath or something relaxing? I dont know.
    I am honestly getting kind of scared to have baby now because I just watched my friends two month old this morning for only 2 1/2 hours and I was exhausted. I actually had to take a nap and I haven't done that in forever so that put the fear in me and now I'm scared about how hard this is really gonna be :/
    just know we are wishing the best for you and are here for you xoxo

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby Jaxon 3-23-14 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• Options
    Hugs to you!

• Options
    I'm 5 weeks pp and I definitely felt how you're feeling for a while. Some days I still do. I totally understand not sleeping while someone else watches LO. The couple times the first week that I tried to do this I would wake up to him screaming his head off he was so hungry and no one brought him to me when he first showed hunger cues. I was livid. That said, if you can just talk to DH or friend or family and let them know exactly if/when to wake you up, that might help you feel more comfortable sleeping. Once I got a solid couple hours of sleep I felt a little better. If it keeps up though definitely call your doctor or midwife for help.

Creepy internet hugs!!
  • Options
    I started feeling this way the day we came home from the hospital. It sort of freaked my husband out because neither of us expected it. I just felt uncomfortable & like home as well as life weren't the same anymore. Of course it isn't the same anymore we have a new life to care for. It's not even that though I think it's more of the fact that I have been so comfortable in our daily life routine & now it's all so different. I try to do things as I did before like cooking dinner, running DD to soccer practices, & other tasks to make myself feel more like myself & that seems to help. It's taking some getting used to but I'm figuring out a balance that works for me.
    Maybe you could try to do some things that you used to do before LO to help make yourself feel a little more normal. I'd say that you shouldn't let yourself feel this way for to much longer though. Call your doctor & get yourself some piece of mind. I'm sure it's just baby blues & you'll get through this. Good luck & hugs!
  • Options
    mrsdahamm said:

I'm 5 weeks pp and I definitely felt how you're feeling for a while. Some days I still do. I totally understand not sleeping while someone else watches LO. The couple times the first week that I tried to do this I would wake up to him screaming his head off he was so hungry and no one brought him to me when he first showed hunger cues. I was livid. That said, if you can just talk to DH or friend or family and let them know exactly if/when to wake you up, that might help you feel more comfortable sleeping. Once I got a solid couple hours of sleep I felt a little better. If it keeps up though definitely call your doctor or midwife for help.

Creepy internet hugs!!

This is wonderful advice! Thank you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Baby #2 is still an inside baby, but I struggled for months with PPD last time.  I had a difficult birth and healing took a long time, I was off my usual low dose of anti depressants and felt like I had no support at home.  My advice is go back to your doctor ask for a high dose of medication, find a therapist that specializes in PPD or post-natal.  Surround yourself with other people who allow you to feel your emotions, and know that its okay to not love being a parent right away.  It is a MAJOR life adjustment and mourning your previous life or freedom doesn't make you an awful mother.  Speaking about it, and being real with yourself your spouse and your therapist is how you get through it.  Also sleep helps too so sneak some whenever possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am also 2.5 weeks pp and I felt like this for the first 1.5 weeks. Constant crying, feeling weird, feeling like my life wasn't ever going to be the same, mourning the loss of our old life, feeling like a giant boob all the time, breastfeeding wasn't going well, on and on and on. It took me and DH by surprise but it sorted itself out in the last week or so. I would definitely call and talk to your doc and see if you can get some help. My doc said they don't really diagnose until 6 weeks but if I was feeling really awful that I shouldn't wait 6 weeks to be seen. It's important that you feel your best to take care of your LO! I hope you start feeling more normal soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I really appreciate all your kind words. 

• Options
    lb1117 said:
    @SmittyPants - I am already on 100mg of Zoloft so I thought it would help and keep things at bay, but I don't know anymore. 
    Then definitely call. You may need your dose adjusted. A friend was on similar medication throughout her pregnancy and needed an adjustment postpartum because of the insane hormones. 
  • Options
    I felt similarly for about a week after my first and am worried about how I will react this time, too. At my lowest point I remember telling my mom I wished that I could go back to the way things were before we had her. I was very overwhelmed by her needing me all the time and by worrying about failing, and I cried constantly. Thinking of you and hoping it fixes itself or that a larger dose makes you feel better.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I've felt overwhelmed from time to time and I'm about two and half weeks postpartum. I found that doing things that make me feel human- like taking a long shower, putting on real clothes even if I'm just sitting at home with baby, or going out for coffee with my husband and the baby- really help. PP's advice to surround yourself with people who will allow you to feel and express your emotions seems really helpful. Definitely get in touch with your OB or midwife if only just to check in. Thinking of you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"