Parenting
Options

S/O Rice Cereal and BLW

I saw this link posted on another board.  Thought it was interesting.  I like how the author contends that how and what you feed your child should not be seen as a statement of 'what type' of mother you are.

Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09

Re: S/O Rice Cereal and BLW

• Options
    I love that blog.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    I started reading and got annoyed.  My opinion on this isn't too popular probably.

1. Postponing solids until six months isn't something particular to BLW.  It's what any good pedi who keeps up with current reccs will tell you to do.  Yes, it helps facilitate breastfeeding, but it isn't something only BLWers do.

2. I honestly don't understand why people care if someone else is doing BLW.  It isn't a totally bunk theory and lots of people do it and it works for their family.  If you wanna use your spoon, go right ahead.  You think it's better for your kid, go you.  Who cares if there is no evidence either way?

I think that is the whole point of that article.  Do what is best for your family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eh, I thought it was awfully contemptuous toward BLWers. I mean, bullshitometer.
    That is the name of her blog.  All her subjects start that way.  She is just sorting through the myth to get to the heart of the matter. 
  • Options
    Eh, I thought it was awfully contemptuous toward BLWers. I mean, bullshitometer.

Yeah, she used the bullshitometer for both the arguments for and against rice cereal in the first article.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"