TTC After a Loss
Options

Non Gummy Chewable Prenatal with DHA?

Anybody know of any non-gummy chewable prenatal vitamins with DHA? I am currently take the CVS brand Women's Prenatal + DHA but I find even these pills to be large and hard to swallow at times. I see Belly Bar has chewable prenatals but I can't seem to find DHA in them. If not I may ask my doctor about TheraNatal or if he knows of any chewables. Thanks! 

Re: Non Gummy Chewable Prenatal with DHA?

• Options
    No idea. Maybe you should ask your pharmacist?
  • Options
    Actually I just found the Belly Bar website and found they have these: https://www.bellybarproducts.com/shop-2/bellybar-prenatal-dha-chocolate-vitamins/
    Which I will have my doctor approve of first. Supposedly I can buy these at Target! Awesome! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tablefor5Tablefor5 member
    edited February 2014
    @itsgreen
    I'm not google but I use the belly bar brand by educated decision. I switched from a raw brand to avoid the iodine (it's a skin thing).
    The prenatal chewable hard vitamins doesn't have dha but they have an orange flavor chewable like say a soft taffy that does and it's pretty good I just prefer not to use it. The hard chewable prenatal has a vitamin taste to it so I take it along with Pom juice in the am.
    * I use Carlson super DHA Gems for additional 500 mg DHA and 100 mg EPA intake.

I still agree with the pp you should ask your doc or pharmacist if you have real concerns. We don't know you in a medical sense to help you make your own decision.

Look forward to reading your intro very soon ;)

Edit for clarification (*)
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    To all, I totally thought I did an intro, here it was on the pregnancy loss/miscarriage board:

I totally apologize! Would you like me to start a new thread with the same message/intro? 

As for the pre-natals. My doctor said the Bellybar chocolate with DHA does not have enough DHA and it has no iodine. So I asked my pharmacist today but he has to research for me and get back to me. I hate that my doctor couldn't just recommend something. He is the one that said to ask my pharmacist. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"