Two Under 2
Options

Thinking about 3 u 3... Who else?

Well my first will be 3 by then, but still! We want three and I'm crossing my fingers for a daughter one day...although will feel blessed with a healthy baby regardless. I'm 35 so tick tick tick, haha. I am mainly concerned with logistics. I also want my DS1 to go to preschool next year so that may tough to gather them all each morning. I could maybe hire hire a sitter so i can run him in? I just feel like if I don't do it soon I may regret it and unfortunately time is not on my side. Anyone else thinking about it? Those with 3 u 3, how do you get out and about?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Thinking about 3 u 3... Who else?

• Options
    bookworm982bookworm982 member
    edited January 2014
    We are planning on 3u3. My first two are 13m1d apart. I want a slightly larger gap for #3 simply so that I don't have to worry about my milk supply as much while pregnant again. (I tandem nurse.) We are probably going to stop preventing next month, so we'd end up with about a 16 month age gap, or three under 29 months, if I get pregnant right away. We don't expect that, but those were my famous last words before DS's pregnancy.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Options
    I will have 3 under 3 in August and I work FT.  No experience yet but DD will be going to preschool in the fall and the other 2 will be home with our nanny.  I'll probably scale back and work less at some point but my commute is easy and our nanny is great so I think we can make it work. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! Wonderful, congrats!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We had 3, 3 and under.  We started trying again for #3 when DD#1 turned a year old (would have had 2u2 again, and barely made 3u3), but didn't get a sticky BFP for #3 until 10 months later.  Time was not on my side either (DD#2 was born 3 weeks before I turned 36, and we had IF issues in the past).  So DS was 3 yrs 9.5 months and DD#1 was 2.5 when DD#2 was born.  

Both DS and DD#1 were in pre-school 3 days a week (I work 2 days a week, so it was for daycare purposes 2/3 days) when she was born, and DS goes 4 days this year with DD going 3 days.  Getting them all to drop off isn't that bad - they tend to wake up around 7 - I get them all dressed, then go downstairs for breakfast (when DD#2 was smaller she would nurse then, or she would drink her bottle with her breakfast).  After breakfast, they watch a show, while I get things ready to leave (most of the time I don't shower, just change my clothes then gather their lunches/backpacks/snow clothes, etc...).  We are usually out the door by 8:35 for an 8:45 drop off.  

I have found that with 3, everything takes a LOT of planning ahead.  We had gotten into a nice little groove with 2 kids, and when DD#2 arrived, it totally went out the window.  It took a while to figure things out and get a nice schedule going again, but things are much more manageable now.  Good luck!  
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am planning 3U3.5 because in my delusional head that extra 6 months will make it so much easier ;)

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I would like a 3rd (i think). I will be 35 this year.  I would prefer to wait till DD#2 is 12 months so not to mess with my milk supply before then and give my body more time to recover from previous csections.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll have 3 under 3 in April. If I go full term (which I'm not expecting) DD1 will be 32 months, DD2 will be 20 months. I'm currently on bed rest so not working and can't imagine daycare fees with 3 so I'm hoping to stay home next year. I want my oldest to start 2 or 3 day preschool in August. I'm sure whenever you add #3 (now or a few years) it'll be hectic until a new routine is figured out. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know it will! What a day even today. We shall see.
  • Options
    Sign me up :)  Just got the BFP a few days ago!! 3U3!  I'll have a 26 month old, a 14 month old and a new squish (assuming everything goes well)!  We are super excited!
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options
    We had 3 3 and under (oldest was nearly 3.5) and in September we'll have 3 u 3. The hardest part is staying on top of the dishes and laundry ;-)
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"