August 2014 Moms

UO

What is your unpopular opinion?

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO

• NSAbby said:

I can't stand Hotel California.  I hate that song.

And its way too overplayed.

Haha! Don't road trip with me
    ;)

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know why but the term "sexy time" drives me nuts. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think any of the members of One Direction are remotely attractive yet. 

FTFY.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those that love 1D, and those that will eventually love 1D.

I have a problem with adults lusting after kids. They were under 18 when they started, no? I just hope your 'love' for them started after 18. Otherwise that's sick.....

• KondasaKondasa member
    edited March 2014
    Sometimes I feel like people go to the morning Ash Wednesday service so they can wear ashes on their heads all day at work and feel superior to those who didn't get up for church. 

or maybe it is just the two people I work with that went who act like that.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Kondasa said:

Sometimes I feel like people go to the morning Ash Wednesday service so they can wear ashes on their heads all day at work and feel superior to those who didn't get up for church. 

Where I grew up (and my church specifically), ash Wednesday services are only in the evening, so I actually never saw anyone walking around ashes on their forehead during the day.
    My UO: I can't get into big bang theory. Penny irritates the shit out of me because I feel like she's intentionally dumb, and almost wears her "I'm a dumb blonde girl tee her" as a brand, like she's proud of it. I just can't respect women that are ok with coming across as dumb.
  • I think Harry from 1D is adorable, but I certainly don't lust after him in a creepy way.  

TTC since 7/12.. CP 2/13
    BFP!!! 11/23/13  Due 8/6/14 Team Girl!
    Zoe Lane born 8/2/14

• aelhunt said:
    I don't think any of the members of One Direction are remotely attractive yet. 

FTFY.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those that love 1D, and those that will eventually love 1D.

I have a problem with adults lusting after kids. They were under 18 when they started, no? I just hope your 'love' for them started after 18. Otherwise that's sick.....

In 2010 when they formed, they were 16-19. In 2013 when I found them, they were 18-21. They are now 20-23. They are all adults. I am an adult.

Lay off the fucking pedophilia accusations, mmkay?

Chill. First of all, it's an opinion but secondly there is a problem with adults lusting after kids and just because the kids are famous doesn't make it right. Glad you aren't one of them.

• I am not a fan of the Divergent series.

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• chase16 said:

Where I grew up (and my church specifically), ash Wednesday services are only in the evening, so I actually never saw anyone walking around ashes on their forehead during the day. My UO: I can't get into big bang theory. Penny irritates the shit out of me because I feel like she's intentionally dumb, and almost wears her "I'm a dumb blonde girl tee her" as a brand, like she's proud of it. I just can't respect women that are ok with coming across as dumb.
    We went at night--lovely service. My church only has a night service too, but some churches do mornings. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• You have to understand, Lois and I went through the whole 1D on TB backlash, around the time of South Beach and a lot of people threw the word "pedophile" around. "You guys find kids attractive? What is wrong with you???"

It's not even remotely accurate to use that word (or the words kids) in this situation.

I appreciate the explanation on this sans intense emotion. I can understand that it's something you are offended by and it's not a huge deal to me to make a point out of it so we're good.

• You have to understand, Lois and I went through the whole 1D on TB backlash, around the time of South Beach and a lot of people threw the word "pedophile" around. "You guys find kids attractive? What is wrong with you???"

It's not even remotely accurate to use that word (or the words kids) in this situation.

Yeah, we've been fighting these "pedophile" and "sick women lusting after prepubescent boys" accusations for more than a year.
    I am sorry that people said those things.

I can not get into 1D, but I can tolerate it. 

Let's talk about something else. 

Um, I do not like brick on a house?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Wil08Wil08 member
    I don't think any of the members of One Direction are remotely attractive. 

If I thought any of these new boy bands were cute I'd likely be sent to jail...babies
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Foods that make me vomit, which I have found are very loved by the general public.

Cottage cheese, tomatoes, licorice

Yes, I'm so desperate I'm throwing out food UOs.

I can not do greek yogurt.

• I love coffee, but I'm not a fan of Starbucks. The Coffee Bean is way better, or Dunkin. The food at Starbucks SUCKS too, the few times I have been starving and tried a muffin or scone I haven't been able to even finish it, how do you fail so bad? I'm not a super picky person either.
  • elektragreenelektragreen member
    edited March 2014
    Here's one to change the subject. I hate St. Patricks Day. I don't celebrate it. I don't drink (even when not pregnant), I don't really like corned beef and cabbage, and I'm not Irish. I think it's just an excuse for people to get stupid drunk and party.

ETA I don't judge people for enjoying drinking. I completely understand having a glass of wine, or a beer, or what have you. I just think the people who binge drink and end up puking all over the sidewalks outside of bars are beyond stupid. To each their own.
    Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

Yeah, we've been fighting these "pedophile" and "sick women lusting after prepubescent boys" accusations for more than a year.
    I am sorry that people said those things.

I can not get into 1D, but I can tolerate it. 

Let's talk about something else. 

Um, I do not like brick on a house?

Brick houses are beautiful. Now if you are talking faux brick mixed in with stucco or other materials then I think it looks shoddy. But a true brick home with ivy growing up a side is my dream home.
    L-)

Nope, stone. 

•  
    Oh I love corned beef and cabbage.
    Same. Will be making it this year.

• We have guns. Multiple guns and of many different types/styles. And we both carry handguns. We don't plan on changing much once LO is here.
  • I am not a fan of the Divergent series.
    Not cool.
  • Bazi45 said:
    Here's one to change the subject. I hate St. Patricks Day. I don't celebrate it. I don't drink (even when not pregnant), I don't really like corned beef and cabbage, and I'm not Irish. I think it's just an excuse for people to get stupid drunk and party.
    I am Irish and I don't like St. Patricks Day. ) My mother used to make us eat corned beef and cabbage to "celebrate our heritage", ick.  I have a traditional Irish maiden name (with an apostrophe) and people constantly say "where's your green?! Why aren't you drunk?!"

"Kiss me I'm Irish" slutty half-shirts, green body glitter and stupid plastic headbands make me want to punch people
    Haha! me too. I'm glad I'm not alone!
    Married June 2012

• I don't think any of the members of One Direction are remotely attractive yet. 

FTFY.

This. 

• stoofewok said:

I think gun ownership could come in handy if there ever were a zombie apocalypse, but other than that I don't support it.

Anti gun ownership will only get you so far. But i do understand peoples reasoning for it, but don't agree with any of them. If that makes any sense. I bet if you were in that movie theater that got shot up a year or so ago you would have been eternally grateful had I been there carrying my gun and shot the idiot before he hurt you or your family.
  • Assuming you don't carry your handgun for your work or live in an usually dangerous environment for the U.S., I'm intrigued by the choice to be armed at all times and how it affects your perspective. Since it continues to be your practice I assume it must be a positive experience.
  • zoegirlTX said:

This is an incredible episode on Real Sports with Bryant Gumble about Kids & guns.  Basically, kids have no self-control even if the KNOW they shouldn't touch the gun.

Here is the preview, but the whole episode is worth watching & VERY scary.

Kids certainly not raised around guns. Or ever shot a real gun. That video wouldn't make any truly pro gun parent turn in there guns. Only increase the safety and knowledge their children have.
  • happylady07happylady07 member
    edited March 2014

ETA I don't judge people for enjoying drinking. I completely understand having a glass of wine, or a beer, or what have you. I just think the people who binge drink and end up puking all over the sidewalks outside of bars are beyond stupid. To each their own.
    My favorite color is green and I love corned beef and cabbage. Long live St. Patty's Day!

-----stuck in quote box-----

I met my husband on St. Patrick's Day. The Boondock Saints is one of my all time favorite movies (yes, I relate above to a "holiday"), and I have fond memories of my mom making corned beef (I still don't like cabbage very much).

Yeah St. Patties!!!

However, I just had an argument with my hubby about whether it was a real holiday. He is delusional and claimed it should be a national holiday (aka he should get the day off work) I told him I viewed it as Valentines Day, a commercialized American holiday.

Can anyone chime in on if it is even recognized in Ireland? I have no idea.

• I will say that we are gun owners. Locked away and kept seperate from ammo. Mainly for hobby, it will probably be useless during a break-in due to the fact that the attacker will probably be on me before I can get to it and load.

I have a security alarm for that.

• zoegirlTX said:

All besides our handguns are always locked in our keypad coded safe. Our handguns or either directly attached to our bodies or on our night stands at night. There is no in between. That part will be changing once baby is here. A bed table case that's locked. Hand guns are usually loaded but won't ever be once baby is here.

So you wear your gun around the house with you??  Sitting around watching TV in the evening??  When you shower?  are you in law enforcement?

BF typically doesn't take it off until he's home and undressed to shower. So yes sometimes while he's watching tv, cooking, etc. But most of the time it's off body at home and on the night stand. I should have clarified that more. Once home they are typically removed for comfort (carrying isn't always comfy) and placed on night stand. And no not law enforcement.
  • ninthgirl said:

So do you wear orange then?!
    I do. DH is British. We wear orange as a a joke.
    Married June 2012

• BabyM82714 said:
    I think gun ownership could come in handy if there ever were a zombie apocalypse, but other than that I don't support it.
    Anti gun ownership will only get you so far. But i do understand peoples reasoning for it, but don't agree with any of them. If that makes any sense. I bet if you were in that movie theater that got shot up a year or so ago you would have been eternally grateful had I been there carrying my gun and shot the idiot before he hurt you or your family.
    That's if you know the best course of action when responding to an active shooter situation. Do you have active shooter trainer? 
    ^This. It is beyond ridiculous to think that the events of that day would have been different had you been there with your apparently amazing gun wielding abilities. FFS.

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• @zoegirlTX also statistically you many personally never be in a situation that you need a gun. But you also very well could be. That's a choice you choose to make and that leaves you (in the event a shooting is taking place) to count on officers to respond quickly, you to find a hiding spot, or be begging for someone to please have a gun on them to protect you. I don't trust the general public or law enforcement to respond quickly enough for my own safety. I would rather know I'm 100% safe in the even anything were to happen.

I had a traffic incident where I passed a slow driver. Who then continued to ride my ass. I stopped and pulled over cause I just think that's silly. He was obviously upset (screaming from car, flipping me off, etc ) and all I did was pass him. Anyways he pulled behind me too. Walked up to my window and tapped the glass and put his face right up to it. Maybe he didn't mean complete harm, but based on my feelings of the situation I grabbed my handgun out of my purse and just set in on my seat. That was it. He left. Maybe I wasn't in immediate danger but if I wouldn't have done that then what would I have done? Called the police and wait 15 mins for them to respond and hope he didn't break my window in the mean time? No thanks.
  • zoegirlTX said:
    We were in the movies a few months back & the guy went to sit in his seat (like an office desk chair) & fell out.  As he was rolling around on the ground, I could see his gun & was NOT happy that there was an armed man sitting 3 seats down from me.  

rockyrollgirl  who have guns for fun, but have no illusions about the gun actually protecting them in 99.99% of situations. 
    Well, plus we keep them locked up in case someone does break-in and steals them. That happened to my neighbor last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"