August 2014 Moms
Options

How do so many of you know sex already?

I'm almost 17 weeks and still dont find out for another three weeks. Are you finding out through genetic testing or early elective US's? My OB wouldnt let me schedule our A/S until 19-20 wks!

Re: How do so many of you know sex already?

• Options
    Some people do elective early ultrasounds that they pay out of pocket for.  Also some genetic testing will also include the sex of the baby in the results.  I won't find out until 19-20 weeks as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor had me schedule my A/S for next Wednesday (I'll be 18w2d)! We already have an idea of the sex because our doctor has been able to get some pretty good shots at 16 weeks and at my 17 week appointment yesterday. 

The A/S will just be a confirmation (or maybe not, guess we'll see!)  
    photo 1535695_10204084387365984_9025186931759532004_n_zps94c2fa04.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Elective ultrasounds at 15+weeks, genetic testing, etc.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I won't find out till 19/20 weeks as part of the anatomy scan.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I won't find out until between 21-22 weeks.  I also find it interesting that so many OB practices will do the anatomy scan at 17-20 weeks.  A friend's practice has a sign by the front desk that tells patients not to even ask about doing one before 20 weeks!  My current practice and the one with DS don't schedule them until 20-22 weeks.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Since we are all AMA, many of my friends all found out around 13-14 weeks due to the genetic testing.
  • Options
    We get more frequent ultrasounds because of twins, and they told us they could tell us at the 16 week ultrasound; which is tomorrow.  I'd be 16 weeks on Sunday.

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

• Options
    I will know this week or next week because of genetic testing at Maternal Fetal Medicine.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    enigmasaraenigmasara member
    edited February 2014
    My doctor's office knew the sex at 11.5 weeks.  I had the MaterniT21 test (I'm 36)done at 10.5 weeks and had the results the following week.  Even though I wanted to find out right away, my H didn't want to find out until birth.  Our compromise is to wait until the a/s and find out together.  I'm dying to know & it makes it worse knowing that the doctor already knows for sure.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

My doctor's office waits until at least 20 weeks for the anatomy scan as well... I am not quite 14 weeks yet so 6-7 weeks to go. What a long wait!! I just don't see the point in paying extra for an early ultrasound. The point of the ultrasound is to make sure the baby is healthy and some "fun" ultrasound isn't going to do that... right? It's better to wait and find out that everything is ok along with the genitalia...

:)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    $50 for an elective 2D ultrasound at a place separate from the hospital. It was nice for DH to see the baby, always makes him feel more connected and makes it seem more real since we can't feel him yet :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We have a normal OB appt scheduled in 2 weeks which will be at 16 w 4 d. Our OB said they will probably be able to tell us the sex at that appointment, but if not we will find out at the a/s at 20 weeks.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options

Magic.

I thought it was Intelligender or whatever.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    Yep - we did genetic testing during IVF to verify that the embryo had the correct number of chromosomes (i.e. help avoid miscarriage). They look at the sex chromosome too so I knew it was a boy even before they put him back in me!  
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
  • Options
    Im 16 weeks. My ultrasound tech told us at my sequential screening at 12 weeks that it loos like a girl. Then my ob/gyn asked if I wanted to know during my normal appointment at 15 weeks. The baby had her legs wide open. He also said girl and was confident. I have my a/s at 20 weeks for confirmation. But I highly doubt anything will change. It was pretty obvious.
  • Options
    won't be finding out til end of March, 20 weeks anatomy scan. I also don't mind the wait - I was originally up for being team green but my husband is not that patient. :)
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Options
    I found out at 16 weeks due to blood cell testing (Harmony) since I am over 35+. I'm also a bit ahead because I am truly a July Mom, but I enjoy this board too. Last pregnancy, I felt like I had my AS and found out the sex so much later than others due around the same time. Keep patient! It's will come soon!
  • Options
    I have my a/s tomorrow.
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    MaterniT21 test for me; I've known for about a month.
    Laura
    Married to my Middle School Sweetheart Since 9-23-2000
    Dominic Riley 10-8-2003  Abigail Mackenzie 3-30-2007
    Excited to meet Baby Boy #3 in August, 2014
  • Options
    We had the harmony test done
  • Options
    I had Verifi DNA testing done at 11.5 weeks due to AMA. The results came back at 12.5 weeks.
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    At my 12 week NT the sonographer just said, oh you see that there...but as soon as I saw it, I thought girl, even before she said anything. She unfortunately didn't take a shot but said that she could say as much with 90% accuracy. Despite this though, Im waiting to see what my own gynae says at a later appointment. It wasn't a profile shot, and as a result, I believe its unlikely to confirm anything that early. DH wouldn't listen to reason when I asked him to wait on telling, so pretty much anyone we've seen recently thinks its a girl. I've heard enough stories of moms been told something different at a later stage, so Im not holding my breath just yet. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    At our NT the tech seemed to know but couldn't tell us. I work in an office with a mobile ultrasound machine.. so we may find out early. If not oh well, I'll wait until the level 2 fetal echo
  • Options
    I have my a/s on 3/5 and hope baby will let us get all the shots we need. I had to go back for pictures with DS because they couldn't get accurate spine and brain measurements. I also hope we can see if baby is a boy or girl. DS and I have a bet going and I have to win!!!

• Options
    I had my first ultrasound at 16 week ( I wanted to wait till the second trimester) so the technician was able to tell us the sex. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I know others are due early August but I still felt like the majority knows already. We won't find out until 3/21, I'll be 19 weeks. While I'm very anxious and excited I'm kind of glad it will be on the later side so we will know for sure, no guesses! Then I can finally finish my
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    I have an ultrasound next week at 16 weeks, but don't want to know until DH is with me for the a/s on March 25.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    NT scan.

Tech asked if I wanted to know and I said yes.

She showed me little boy bits which were pretty unmistakable but waiting until my 20week to confirm.

I have US's every four weeks though because that's just how my OP and Nurse Practitioner do it and I don't complain because I love being able to see my kiddo at every appointment.
  • Options
    At my 12 week NT scan, the tech said that she was 99% sure it was a girl, and that she had been wrong 3 times in her 20+ year career. I still haven't told anyone or bought any nursery items yet, and probably won't until the A/S if the baby cooperates. 
    I was also told girl at that scan. She said they're 90% sure, and that they're maybe only wrong for every 1 in 10 women. I also happen to know someone who went to this same place and was also told girl at 12 weeks... and that was right. 

However, despite what I am told, I am waiting for this to be confirmed by my own doctor and even though I planned to buy neutral clothes, I haven't been able to bring myself to buy ANYTHING. DH though has gone and spread the word to everyone he possibly could have. I see my doc again on Mon at 18 weeks then the 20 week scan (elsewhere) 2 weeks later so Im honestly just keeping occupied and waiting till then for confirmation. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 15w and my anatomy scan isn't until April 21st! That seems soooo far away! I'll be almost 22w at that point. I know everyone says "it goes by fast" but not when your as impatient as I am. I totally admit it, I have zero patience (good luck being a mom to me! LOL) 
    I wanted to look into getting an elective U/S in 3-4 weeks. Anyone know the earliest that can be done and the approx cost? I MAY be able to convince hubby if its not too much $$$
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks as well... I understand that feeling! I feel like its not going very fast... I have an appointment tomorrow and I just can't wait to see my baby again! I don't think our anatomy scan will be until 2nd week in April so I also feel like that's far away!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"