May 2012 Moms

Jailbreak!

To our surprise, DD can now climb out of her crib. She wouldn't stay in her crib for bed last night so we took her into our guest room which has a queen size bed and she slept in there all night with no problems. I'm thinking we should keep her in the big bed and not turn her crib into a toddler bed. What's the point if she's going to have to switch again later? We originally thought that when we have a second baby we would move DD into the guest room and we would keep her room the nursery for the new baby but now I'm wondering if we should spring such big changes on her at once. I'm not even pregnant with the second but should we get her used to the different room now? 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

Re: Jailbreak!

• We moved DS1 over to his new room with a the crib converted to a toddler bed when I was 5 months pregnant. He was just over 2.  We moved him to a full bed after DS2 was born. He never had a problem with the transition. If you think she likes the new room and bed, it wouldn't hurt to move her now.  You could make a big deal of it and get her a big girl room for her 2nd birthday.
  • I guess it depends on what you're comfortable with. I prefer going to the crib without the front first so when they fall out, which both of mine so far have more than once, they are much closer to the floor. Falling out of a queen bed would be much father up, plus harder to put a side on IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"