Georgia Babies
Options

Ultrasound Recommendation

Does anyone have a recommendation for a ultrasound location? Hubby and I want to find out the sex of our baby, and don't want to wait until our anatomy scan, which is still two months away! We were hoping we could check out one of the stand-alone u/s places around week 16.
July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14

Re: Ultrasound Recommendation

• Options
    We did one about a week early for DS so we could find out before FIL passed away and let him know.  I just did a google search and looked into reviews.  I don't remember what it was called, but it was in Buckhead and they provided information on the u/s tech's background and experience prior so we felt comfortable with them.

FWIW, we're not finding out this time, though as PP suggested you can ask if your doctor will do it closer to 18 weeks for you.  My a/s this time was at 18 weeks.  Then again, I don't understand the urgency or impatience to find out something potentially 4 weeks early "just because you don't want to wait." 
  • Options
    We've done Babies First Images for all 3 and very pleased. We've done the Roswell and Kennesaw locations.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did one about a week early for DS so we could find out before FIL passed away and let him know.  I just did a google search and looked into reviews.  I don't remember what it was called, but it was in Buckhead and they provided information on the u/s tech's background and experience prior so we felt comfortable with them.

FWIW, we're not finding out this time, though as PP suggested you can ask if your doctor will do it closer to 18 weeks for you.  My a/s this time was at 18 weeks.  Then again, I don't understand the urgency or impatience to find out something potentially 4 weeks early "just because you don't want to wait.

Yeah, I see how that could come off. Part of it is that we are "one and done" with this baby, so we want to do some of the extra "bells and whistles" with the 3d/4d ultrasounds (the 4d being later in the pregnancy with video and whatnot). And the timing is mostly because our 20 week puts us in early May, and we were hoping to find out what we were having before we go to a reunion in mid-April to see all of DH's family.
    July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"