Potty Training

Poo poos are down...how do we conquer the pee pees?

My 2.5 year old daughter has been pooping consistently on the potty since she was 2.  On occasion, she will go to the potty to do a pee pee, but that is the exception rather than the rule.  I have put her in training pants on occasion, but haven't been consistent enough to see a difference yet...as of today, they will be on her any time we are at home.  I am putting her on the potty every 30 minutes to try to get her to squeeze anything out before she has an accident.  Is this a good strategy?  Does anyone have any other useful tips?   Does anyone know how long will it take to get the pee pees down if we stick with this type of training schedule?  TIA!

Re: Poo poos are down...how do we conquer the pee pees?

• If it were me and at her age, I would just stop using diapers and let her go naked waist down with the potty nearby. Obviously never be angry about accidents, calming put her on the potty to finish. The next day put her in underwear and congratulate her for staying dry periodically. Do potty breaks every hour on the second day only the next day extend it. I've never potty trained that old but from my friends I've heard that they sometimes resist but I would keep at it and let her know this is the way. Don't use diapers for naps or bedtime. She has what most think is the hardest part down- the pooping so have faith in her and encourage her to do the rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"