December 2013 Moms
Options

RIP SOPHIE

Anyone else have a constant battle with baby toys and their dog ? It's a nonstop struggle to keep her away from Sophie - I don't know how the hell she finds it . And she thinks the boppy is her bed

Re: RIP SOPHIE

• Options
    Forgot the pics ... Took them to show my husband how she's driving me nuts while he was at work
  • Options

Anyone else have a constant battle with baby toys and their dog ? It's a nonstop struggle to keep her away from Sophie - I don't know how the hell she finds it . And she thinks the boppy is her bed

Yeah I'm constantly battling my two little dogs for the boppy. One even went as far as snapping at me for a baby blanket.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, we have lost a few toys to one of our furry friends:( I fear the day when it happens to Sophie...
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
  • Options

Maybe I'm in the minority here...but I don't leave stuff where my dog can get it. Blankets, pillows, toys are kept put away when not in use.

I don't let her lay on anything and All baby's stuff is on baby's playmat . I'm trying to teach the dog that the baby stuff is not hers Because in reality I'm not going to be able to constantly separate baby stuff from her . Yes there have been fails but we are working towards her knowing that that's not hers . It might take a little time and frustration but to me it's impossible to keep baby stuff completely away from a dog . I'm too tired to do that shit and unfortunately Sophie was sacrificed in the training process .. Kiddos to you though - also I have a husband who doesn't really pay attention to what the dog grabs so that makes it a little harder. He thought Sophie was the dogs toy this whole time ... I asked him " you didn't find it weird when the baby was sucking on Sophie the " dog toy" . Ha
  • Options
    Same issues - those pictures are too cute!
  • Options
    Our dogs are trained to only play with something that we've gone through the process of "giving" them. We make a big deal out of giving them their new toys , and in the five years we've had them it seems to work! They do look longingly at LO's squeaky things, but haven't done anything about it... yet!

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We have the same problem with the kitten. He thinks the playmate is his. I find all of the little soft toys and pacifiers scattered throughout the house.
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    My dogs are constantly trying to lay on DD's podster pillow or baby blanket. We've also lost several of DS's plastic and wooden toys to bored dogs.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    This is ma lyfe. Any toy is CBB's toy no matter what I tell him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yup! Jack and Lola love Sophie. I feel like I need to buy them their own!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yep Messi is obsessed with Sophie! He hasn't gotten his paws on her yet because we've been good about putting her away but I know it's only a matter of time if she's dropped or left and Messi will get his paws on her! I wish she didn't squeak, he's so intrigued because of the damn squeak!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options
    First your dogs ass on the boppy is both equally funny and gross, cracked me up.  Our dog likes to lay on anything soft we leave on the floor or couch (when we're not home he gets up there).  I just wash all our throws weekly.

And 2nd, Sophie looks, smells and sounds just like a dog toy.  I couldn't even blame my dog when he kept wanting to play with it.  He enjoyed it way more than ds1 ever did so we just let it be a dog toy, he still loves it!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The squeak is going to give my dog a heart attack. He can't figure out why the baby won't through the squeaky toy for him and why we put it away when G is done playing with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My dogs LOVE her pacifiers! They are the avent all rubber ones and as soon as it hits the floor my dogs try to steal it before I can pick it up! As if pacifiers weren't the most commonly lost item already, now we have to throw them away!
  • Options

First your dogs ass on the boppy is both equally funny and gross, cracked me up.  Our dog likes to lay on anything soft we leave on the floor or couch (when we're not home he gets up there).  I just wash all our throws weekly.

And 2nd, Sophie looks, smells and sounds just like a dog toy.  I couldn't even blame my dog when he kept wanting to play with it.  He enjoyed it way more than ds1 ever did so we just let it be a dog toy, he still loves it!
    Ha my dog is so gross .. Don't worry I washed that boppy ASAP. She sits her ass on everyone's feet too ... Drives me nuts but I love her!
  • Options
    Nrg2020 said:
    Thankfully we trained our golden retriever at a young age that his toys are ONLY the ones kept in his little basket. He has never torn anything up that didn't belong to him, aside from a stray paper napkin. For some reason, those are like crack to him.
    My mastiff is the same way with napkins!! This massive dog shreds them into tiny little pieces. Frustrating!
    What is it with big dogs and napkins! Our Mastiff loves them too. He once ate an entire roll of toilet paper too! Silly dog, thankfully he passed it no problem.

For the most part our dogs leave the baby toys alone but they have ruined a few. DD has learned if it is out it could be fair game for the dogs so it kinda helps her keep her toys picked up. We'll see what happens when DS starts leaving his toys out.
  • Options
    My dog lays her head on the boppy with DD. It's cute. It's like she thinks DD is her puppy. The only thing she steals is pacis and she doesn't chew them she just takes them for attention if we drop it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My dogs love Sophie also. They will take her out of the diaper bag, tables, swing, etc. My one dog especially loves to dig it out and give it to our other dog to get her in trouble. He's been playing that game for years.
  • Options
    Mainly just the squeaky ones. Sophie was targeted from day one and first time she fell on the floor was ripped apart in seconds :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"