LGBT Parenting
Options

TTT

Good Morning Everyone!

It is Tuesday...which means time for Ten Things Tuesday. Share any ten things that are on your mind. It can be TTC/pregnancy/parenting related but doesn't have to be.

Ready....Set.....GO!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTT

• Options
    healz413healz413 member
    edited March 2014
    1. It is cold out (again!) and I am resenting having to put on long underwear to take the dog out.

2. 6 weeks today! According to the apps, that means Rocky is the size of a lentil.

3. We really need to do laundry. Or go shopping. I think laundry is the better choice.

4. My supervisor for my PhD is moving to a different university far away and I'm not happy about it.

5. There was a fire alarm in our building last night and while we were waiting to see if we had to evacuate, we packed a bag (we didn't have to leave). I felt like we were doing one of @2mamazinseattle's GTKY questions. :)

6. I want @doodah1013 and @firstcomeslove2013's cycle to start! I'm so excited and hopeful and anxious for them.

7. I am excited and nervous for our first ultrasound on Thursday.

8. I have to get my dissertation done.

9. I want bacon but we don't have any.

10. I can't keep procrastinating taking out the dog anymore
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    1. This weather. Grr. It was 70 degrees on Sunday and we got ice and snow yesterday. WHAT? 

2.My work is closed today. But, fortunately, I'm on vacation until tomorrow so I don't have to worry about making up time. :) 

3. I am craving dill. Dill pickles. Dill chips. I even made broccoli salad and poured dill weed all over it. Working on moderation. That's the key- right? 

4. We are moving a week from Friday into our FIRST HOME. I can't wait!

5. Downside of moving: transferring/canceling services and spending forever on hold because there isn't an option to transfer/cancel online. 

6. Upside to moving: we were able to hire movers! I feel like this is my first grown up move. No Uhaul, no beer. But there will still be pizza ;)

7. Strange side effect of moving: my dogs are so anxious. The boxes and the packing are tough on them. Wish I could think of a more efficient way to calm their fears. 

8. I feel slightly like an internet creeper-  I'm so excited for @healz413 and @manada. I keep checking for updates on baby Rocky! 

9. I should be packing/cleaning right now. 

10. I'm going to miss daytime TV and bumping throughout the day when I go back to work tomorrow. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Breakfast for dinner is always a fantastic idea, @Manada@pauljl - our next move will include movers, too!  We've already decided that.  But we're hanging on to our condo for as long as we can stand it.  Want to build up enough equity for a decent down payment on our forever house.  One day...

1 - I haven't done TTT in a long time.  Usually because I don't have ten things to share lol... We'll see if I can come up with 10 today.

2 - I brought leftover Greek pasta salad and baked salmon for lunch.  Turning over a new healthy leaf and I'm excited!

3 - As I mentioned before, I'm on a mission to lose weight.  I read a modest loss of 5-10% can do wonders for your fertility.  FX...

4 - I'm debating about trying again this month... if I do, I'd have my IUI at the end of the month.  I suppose it depends on how well my weight loss efforts go.  I should be ovulating this week.  Haven't checked my temps but I suppose I should just to keep track of where I am.

5 - On that note, I'm glad I found The Bump because I never would've known how important it is to track temperatures.  C calls it "black magic" and it drives me crazy.  Because it works!!!  Unless I have twins (perhaps even IF I have twins), she's going to be doing this herself one day and I want her to know what she's doing.  I've tried to teach her but she won't listen to me.  She's convinced she's a fertile myrtle because her cycles are like clockwork.  I said that didn't matter, but then again maybe she'll surprise me.

6 - I miss my friends in NW IN.  We haven't been up in the Chicago area since Christmas.  And we haven't been ABLE to travel to the Chicago area because of the weather.  Maybe one day winter will be over.  Maybe.

7 - A close friend of mine may be moving far, far away (either to Montana or Texas) and it's bittersweet because while I'm going to miss her, it's for a good reason.  She found a man she really loves and it depends on where his job places him.  But even if he whisks her away to a remote corner of Montana, I will go out and visit :)

8 - I'm really glad we went to the Bahamas last month.  I think the sunshine we absorbed has helped us have a better outlook on this eternal winter.  I still don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.  But like they say, in like a lion, out like a lamb.

9 - Sorry I'm talking about the weather so much, but it really is insane.  It's terrible.  We usually have a couple nice days tossed in the mix to make us feel better about life but I'm getting so sick of running to and from buildings as fast as I can to avoid frost bite.  I'm sick of the air hurting my face.  I'm sick of my stupid coat.  I'm sick of having to drag myself out of bed.  I miss summer.

10 - I'm sure many of you feel that way too.  Yay!  I made it to 10!  :) Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone.

• Options

I am stuck home on pretty strict restrictions so thought I would do TTT

1. I have been doing a lot of research on what caused me to lose my angel Brynlee and learned it is called PPROM.  Also read about the steps that will most likely be taken once we are ready to try again.

2. I am also in the process of moving.  Reva and I had purchased a bigger house with more bedrooms to fill.  We were planning to move the 22nd but I ended up spending that entire week in the hospital so everything got pushed back.

3. My dogs are also stressed right now and packing isn't making anything easier on them.  They had never spent a night home alone before so now whenever we are getting ready to leave the house they are even more stressed out about it. 

4. Congratulations on all the births over the last week! 

5. Part of me is ready to start TTC again right away.  I so want to be a mother again.  I tried to explain to my friend last night that whether it is 2 months from now or 2 years from now I will have still lost my beautiful daughter but knowing I can try again is keeping me going.

6.  Sorry if this is a really negative TTT

7.  I bought R tickets to see Kathy Griffin in April.  It is her favorite comedian.  I didn't tell her I got her the tickets just told her to take the day off work.  I want to do something nice for her because of all we have gone through and how AMAZING she is.

8.  I am making lentil soup later today.  Trying to use up opened food in the house before the move and I have half a bag of red lentils left.  Hopefully it will taste okay because almost all the spices are already at the new house. 

9.  After reading all the PPROM stories and makes me worried I should have fought harder for my daughter.  I guess that is the downside of doing research online.

10. It is nice being able to drink coffee again

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    KH826KH826 member

1. I have had a headache since yesterday afternoon. I went home early from work (only about an hour, but still...), which I never do. It went away overnight, but it is back this morning. It is kind of pounding. I have been drinking lots of water. I haven't taken anything -- I really don't want to... I just want to close my eyes and put my head down, but I don't think that would be very well received at work.

2. I am feeling badly about posting a self-indulgent moping update on the pregnancy check-in yesterday. I am just really struggling with body image (more than I expected), and cutting myself slack feels like it is an excuse. I have a hard time not beating myself up when I am less than perfect or when I don't meet my own unreasonable expectations. I am thankful for those of you who understand, and I apologize to those of you who I annoy with this crap. For what it is worth, I annoy myself with it. I guess I didn't think that it would be so hard to watch my body gain lots of weight during pregnancy, since it is for a great purpose. Having gone through major weight loss in the past, it feels a little like I am failing. I know I could be doing more or better to limit my weight gain, but I just can't seem to. I need to learn to just accept things as they are and not berate myself. But it is really hard.

3. 27 weeks today. The Bump tells me there are 91 days remaining until our EDD. Is it normal to feel panicked a little by that thought?

4. It was super cold here again this AM. 14 degrees, but felt much colder with the wind chill. I am very much ready for Spring; however, I just realized I do not have any Spring clothing that fits. Hmmm...

5. I am nervous about my glucose test on Thursday. Nervous that I will throw up the drink b/c I have a pretty bad gag reflex and still have issues with certain consistencies since the first tri (I can't eat bananas, I gag on my tooth paste most mornings, etc.)... I am also nervous that I will fail and have to take the 3 hour test.

6. People have started buying us things off of our registries. My wife has been checking. Sunday night we were watching the Oscars and she was also on her laptop and she yelled "Someone bought us our pack-n-play!" HAHA. Part of me wants to be surprised at our shower and not pay attention to what has been purchased, but part of me is just too curious... I know my wife will keep checking, so unless I tell her not to tell me, I will have an idea of what we will be getting...

7. I am already hungry for lunch...  

8. There are a lot of folks on the board who I am thinking about. I think about many of you daily as if you were fixtures in my world IRL. Sometimes I yell or sigh or laugh or otherwise talk to the computer when I am reading your updates. I have cried for several of you. I may not post "shout outs" or personal responses as often as I should, but I think about you a lot...

9. So I recently found out that my mom and sisters will be staying with my in-laws when they come down for our baby shower. I am happy about this. It means several things, including that I will not have to be entertaining them 24/7. Also, my family has never seen our house (we have owned it for over 4 yrs now), and I would not mind at all if they never see it. I love them dearly, but my mom and sisters are kind of snobs... and they are judgey... and I am sensitive... our house is small and old (though we have done lots to it that we are proud of) and it is in a very urban neighborhood. I know my family would not feel comfy at our house and they will likely have a lot to say that will hurt my feelings b/c it is my home and I have put a lot of time, money and energy into making it a place where we are comfy and we will be starting our family there. So anyway, knowing that I will be about 34 weeks pregnant at the time of our shower, I am thankful that I will be able to dodge that bullet and not deal with their inevitable judgment about our home. Now once the baby is here... I am not sure how that is all going to work out in terms of possible visits, etc., but we will take it one day at a time.

10. Anyone remember how I was craving a toasted Italian sub a few weeks ago? Yea, I still am. I am kind of obsessed with it. My wife has joked that she is going to have one ready for me after I deliver. HAHA

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    I <3 breakfast for dinner. Or breakfast for any meal. Yum! I missed bacon while I was eating vegan and vegetarian, so when I took my nutrition course and found out that it is not the worst thing in the world for you...it was on!

1. As I noted in my check-in, my progesterone level was 23 yesterday and I'm thrilled. Last month, it was taken 1 day later in my cycle and was only 11, so this is a big improvement. We know it doesn't mean anything as far as pregnancy, but knowing I actually ovulated was a nice surprise. 

2. I re-herniated the disc in my lower back. I can't even describe the insurmountable pain that I am in right now. Currently, I am sitting up (big improvement) with ice on my back and we're going to see a new Chiropractor later today. I saw a chiro yesterday, but I seem to be much worse today. Also, he's slimy and offered to bill my wife's insurance for MY treatment. No thanks. 

3. I've missed some work this week due to my back. I work from home, but it requires me to be able to focus on legal stuff and sit upright for several hours. It has been impossible. I'm going to try and work while I'm upright today. 

4. The same-sex marriage/adoption case in Michigan is going our way. The Judge refused to throw the case out on the State's motion and disqualified the State's first "expert" witness. This is looking better and better for us!

5. We had dinner with my father-in-law and his wife (I adore her) and it was really nice. Despite not being able to sit up without being in serious pain, I was able to enjoy dinner and it was delicious. It was nice to visit with them. 

6. Has anyone on the board had microdiscectomy surgery? My father-in-law had it and so did a teammate of my wife, but I'm terrified to even think about surgery on my back. This disc issue is really, really bad, and although I go for periods of time without it flaring up, when it does, it is debilitating. I can't take any kind of motrin because of TTC, so I have no options for pain management right now. 

7. DW and I are excited about our decisions to purchase our first home. We have been looking and I'm trying to get through the real estate course so that I can have more knowledge when we start seriously looking. We've given ourselves a year. She is cleaning up her credit so we can get the best possible rate, and she is doing a lot of research on how to save money (i.e. 15 year loan instead of a 30 year). If we're lucky, we'll have the house and property paid off by the time she retires in 18 years. Then...we hit the road. 

8. I'm going to try and get back on the low carb/low sugar regimen, even if we decide that we aren't going to try to get pregnant any more. I feel so much better with less carbs. 

9. DW is getting lunch ready and it appears we are having left overs from last night...lasagna and bread. LOL. That's not very good in the carb department!

10. Not sure when we are going to test. I'm 7dpici right now, so we'll see. My pregnancy blood test is scheduled for Monday. 

Congratulations on all of the births this week! @Amber&amp;Reva, I'm so sorry you are going through this terrible time. I pray that you find peace and am so glad that you find joy in trying again. @wishiwaspreggo low carb/low sugar is definitely the way to go if you want to get healthy for ttc. Although you don't have cysts on you ovaries, there are many other symptoms of PCOS and the effects of PCOS can be reversed or improved with 10% weight loss. Just do it the right way! @healz413 and @manada I'm stalking the boards for more updates on Rocky! @Pauljl congratulations on your move! @doodah1013 and @firstcomeslove2013 Fingers crossed that your cycle starts soon and you can progress forward. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    @GoaliesWife123 - thanks for the tip!  My doctor was still concerned I had PCOS even without cysts showing up on an u/s so she did a battery of blood work on me.  No abnormalities.  Glucose is fine, too.  It's the darndest thing.  I think my fat is squashing my ovaries - maybe that's what it comes down to ;) regardless, I am going to do low carb when I start my next cycle.  Maybe the extra protein will give my eggs the boost they need to actually fertilize.
  • Options
    @KH826

2. I am feeling badly about posting a self-indulgent moping update on the pregnancy check-in yesterday. I am just really struggling with body image (more than I expected), and cutting myself slack feels like it is an excuse. I have a hard time not beating myself up when I am less than perfect or when I don't meet my own unreasonable expectations. I am thankful for those of you who understand, and I apologize to those of you who I annoy with this crap. For what it is worth, I annoy myself with it. I guess I didn't think that it would be so hard to watch my body gain lots of weight during pregnancy, since it is for a great purpose. Having gone through major weight loss in the past, it feels a little like I am failing. I know I could be doing more or better to limit my weight gain, but I just can't seem to. I need to learn to just accept things as they are and not berate myself. But it is really hard.
    --

I just wanted to say, first, I SO get it. Please don't take this comment as condescending, but  you remind me SO much of myself at 30. I had some serious therapy and made great strides in my late 20's/early 30's and turned the corner on these things, but I get it 1000%. I too was an oldest with 3 siblings and expected to (effectively) parent my siblings and be the example and be perfect; I also lost 100 lbs and am watching myself get big and it's scary. And, I know that feeling of using excuses when you know better; yet you can't seem to get yourself to change behavior. I wonder if finding a counselor - someone who deals with body image/eating/food disorders (not that you have one, but they 'get it' whereas other therapists I saw never did) - maybe they could help you digest your changes and find a way to be at peace. And also maybe help you find some actions you feel you can undertake without getting overwhelmed to feel a little better about yourself. I hate that you're hurting in this way because I know/understand this kind of pain all too well. You are doing great - and you will survive this; however, I get that it's a hard road from here to there.

One more thing - please please understand my pregnancy check-in was partially to hold *myself* accountable; and most of why I've become so hardcore is that I have a diagnosis to deal with. If your baby was facing an IQ 10-20 points lower than it otherwise would have been you'd find a way to pull out all the stops - which is where I'm at. You're having a normal, healthy pregnancy with a normal, healthy baby. You do not have to be perfect!! :)

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    KH826KH826 member

@2mamazinseatlle - Thanks very much for your support and kindness. First of all, I would like to apologize if it seemed as if my "funk" yesterday (and beyond, clearly...) was in any way a response to your check-in or anyone else's. It absolutely was not, but I can see how it might have seemed that way. I think you are doing an amazing job for both yourself and Simone, and I applaud all that you are doing. I know that your situation is different, also. I absolutely get why you are doing what you are doing, and I am very impressed with your efforts.

In terms of my body image struggles, you are right about everything that you said. Perhaps talking to someone would help. I know my wife would like that. I will admit (not proudly) that I am very stubborn, and not yet at a place where I feel like I am ready to start having those conversations and working on those issues. I know I likely will need to at some point, but right now does not feel like the right time to begin that journey.

I think for now I just need to remind myself that I am human, and that everyone is different, and that as long as I have a healthy baby that is all that really matters. If I have a ton of weight to lose after baby is here (which I will), I will just need to get down to business and make that happen. Sometimes I just need perspective. You know, to be banged over the head with it!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    1. I'm at a meeting today for the Regional Cargiver Forum and I couldn't be more thankful. It is a long drive, but I love driving and being alone. I'm thankful that I don't have to give much brain power to work today.

2. Our trip to Florida couldn't have come at a better time. I cannot wait to leave on Friday and just check out for a week. Even better, the weather should be beautiful.

3. I want to say that I'm not bothered by my low beta yesterday. I feel like, in the grand scheme of everything, it should be no biggie. Part of me feels that way and the other part of me feels differently. I had a little breakdown time on the way home from work yesterday. I promised myself that I will not be angry. It doesn't serve a purpose. I think about those close to us who have had children recently or who are currently pregnant and how....not thankful they are, or how they are in situations where bringing a child into the world may not be the greatest thing. Everyone has their own journey, I know that. This is ours and we will keep pushing forward.

4. Ugh...now I'm teary eyed and in a room full of people I don't know. Thankfully I can blame my runny nose on how cold it is in here.

5. Sometimes I think that I should have a better handle on myself, being a licensed social worker and all. Everyone is human though, right?

6. I'm so thankful that I have become a part of this community. It truly is invaluable to me. Thank you all.

7. I didn't want this TTT to be about what it has been about. We can be real here though, right? I think that is the great part of our community. We can be real about where we are at and it is ok.

8. I'm trying not to turn to food for comfort. I would say I'm being about half successful. I just had a healthy salad for lunch. A little bit of success is better than none at all.

9. We are getting one step closer to IVF. Two vials left...one for IUI and one for IVF it looks like. Hopefully that last vial won't need to be used. I don't know a lot about how our RE's office does their IVF cycles, but it sounds like I would be on BC pills for a few months beforehand. I don't want to wait a few more months if this next one doesn't work. I'm tired of waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.

10. Back to our meeting. I can't wait to get home and be comfy and warm.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    1. I'm starving! I did not plan well and have shifted to healthy-no-excuses eating now that I'm not nauseated anymore. So, I'm holding out for lunch, but dreaming of a Greek yogurt!

2. Today I managed to relatively easily get to the right person at Seattle Children's Hospital for a medical geneticist to meet with us. They match you with a GC who has worked with your child's specific disorder. She did say they have had "several" Trisomy X situations that turned out to be false positives - but I hate to get stuck on being that lucky.

3. I started using myfitnesspal again to track food - but set it to "maintain" so I feel like I get a billion calories since normally I'm dieting/trying to lose and stuck around 1200! Party!

4. I'm also happy to be back at prenatal yoga but feel I need to get my 3-mile walks going again too - been a bit rainy and I've used that as a (lame seattleite) excuse. For shame.

5. Speaking of, we have had SUCH a mild winter compared to so many of you, but still -I'm super excited for more daylight and warmer temps!

6. How is it March!?

7. I want to wear maternity clothes even when I'm not pregnant. It's weird to be in dressy black pants at work that feel the same as my pajamas.

8. I accidentally outed myself to a coworker yesterday - so now all but 2 people on my team know I'm KU'd. After our early a/s at 17w2d (next Friday) I will tell my boss it's ok to tell his boss and start planning for my outage...

9. Thinking so much of the TTC'ers here. So many of you I am rooting for, even if I don't always call it out or PM you etc.

10. We usually go to Mexican on Tuesdays, but with Mardi Gras I think it'll be packed... but I kinda still want to go! Happy Fat Tuesday!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    1. Where oh where to start today.  I am sitting here with baby K drinking her bottle next to me on the couch.  She is actually holding it herself and about to fall asleep, so adorable!!
    2. I wish I could post pics of the girls, they are both so precious!  But it's against the rules :-(
    3. I had to get up at 7am (early for me) to take the girls downtown (30 minute drive) in rush hour traffic this morning.  I was super annoyed by the pointless appointment, but on the bright side it got us out of the house early in the day.
    4. Both girls were so well behaved we went to a local mall play area and the toddler M wore herself out!  It was great!!!  She normally cries at nap time for about 20-30 minutes.  It was less than 5 minutes today and she was sound asleep.
    5. We got our vouchers from Children Services for the girls, so we did some major shopping for them on Sunday.  We spent almost 4 hours in Target and we now have bags and bags of stuff that needs to be put away, still sitting in our dining room.  We got home too late Sunday to put the stuff away and last night we went and picked up our new car that we purchased on Saturday.
    6. Speaking of, we never thought we would be buying two new cars in 3 months.  Well they are used, but new to us.  We just got a Mazda 5, its black and really nice.  I am super excited that its has a DVD player in the back.  The girls are a little young to be sucked into tv, but it will come in handy soon enough.
    7. Speaking of tv, we are getting cable again....finally!!!!  They come Thursday to install the cable and also a phone line, so we can fax stuff to the foster agency from home.  Right now my wife has been taking everything to work to fax.
    8. Oh yeah I am 14 weeks pregnant!  I keep forgetting because I am so busy with the girls, lol
    9. We got decorations for the girls room while at Target.  I think we went a little over board, but oh well.  M (the toddler) has new sheets and bed stuff that is all pink lady bugs,  Its all so cute!!  I can't wait to put it all together tonight!
    10. We find out this weekend the sex of the baby!  Yay!  Also my wife's parents are coming to town to go with us when we find out.  It should be a fun weekend with 4 adults, 3 kids under 4 and 2 dogs in our two bedroom apartment.  Good times, lol

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    1. Starting to look into making baby food vs. baby-led weaning. Anyone have any thoughts about either? I'm going to read Baby-Led Weaning but all of my library's copies are checked out right now. Would love to know if people felt it worked/didn't work for them.

2. I bought watermelon on Sunday but I never cut it up so I haven't eaten any yet. I REALLY wish I had some with me right now.

3. Jury duty tomorrow. Blech. I really don't understand how it can be a fair system if some people (me) get called all the time and others (my wife!) have never been called. I'm hoping they fill the jury or juries before they call my number.

4. I'm at the stage where I can't seem to get enough food. Ever. Trying not to gain too much weight is going to start getting harder.

5. I wish my office had nap pods.

6. And a cupcake vending machine.

7. I finally started playing Mr. Baby a song every morning that I am hoping he will recognize after he's born.

8. I'm not looking forward to "springing forward" this weekend.

9. I'm sad I'm not starting seeds right now, but I can't commit to a big veggie garden this summer. We'll probably buy some tomato plants and call it a day.

10. It's Mardi Gras. I want King Cake.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. We picked up our crib last night, but it's still in the car and will be for a while since neither J or I can lift anything up right now. Me because of the previa and J's back is flaring up again after playing too hard with the kids this weekend.

2. I just ordered a fetoscope. J thought it would be fun to try to listen to the baby at home. I wonder if we'll be able to figure out how to use it.

GoaliesWife123 I don't know anything about the surgery, but have wondered if something like that is in J's future. Her back and pelvis/hips were just not made well and from what I remember the doc said her discs are compressed all the time (some analogy to a hockey puck was in there somewhere). Right now she is miserable and sounds a lot like what you described, she didn't go to work yesterday either. I say if the surgery will help go for it. 

4. I can't decide if we should sell our CNG car or not and if we do what to buy to replace it. I'd like another CNG, just a few years newer. I think J is tired of the CNG thing but it saves us a a ton of money and is better for the terrible air here. Decisions...

5. We tried the flashlight game with Bubbles last night and I'm pretty sure baby was kicking or punching where the light was. It could have been a coincidence though. 

6. Anyone know about using acrylic paint while pregnant? I've read various things online and plan to ask the midwife at our next appointment, but if anyone has expertise to share that would be great. I'd like to get started on this mural.

7. I'm starving and didn't bring anything for lunch. I need to go get something but my boss who is out of town just texted me to tell me she was going to call me in a minute to talk about a last minute report she needs done. Argh

8. My mom made a weird comment about our friends throwing us a baby shower and it is bothering me and it really shouldn't. When my sister had her first baby my mom and I threw her a shower. My mom asked if our friends were throwing us a shower and we said not that we knew of. She responded by saying oh I'm sure they will. I don't care about gifts, but I will be hurt if my family doesn't do anything to celebrate our baby. I should really get over it, but there's a looong history there that is making it hard.

9. I'm having a hard time coming up with non baby related things. I promise there is more to me than this but my brain is stuck on baby mode today I guess

herbabymama I am impressed that you all took baby C camping already. I will have to PM you about it. J is devastated that we likely won't get to go camping at all this year. Maybe you can change my mind about camping with an infant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. We bought Kaden a huge bag of duplo-type blocks this weekend, and within minutes this morning they were covering the floor.  We've been working on getting him not to throw things in the house, and just playing catch/throw outside.  We'll see if he catches on - I sure hope so. Wooden toys seemed like such a good idea until he started tossing them around. ;-)

2. I'm making pork seasoned with apples and spices and it smells delicious. I might climb onto a limb and try making a cucumber gazpacho to go with our pork and mashed potatoes.

3. When Baby Owen moves it shifts my whole belly from side to side.  He's stretching or something right now.

4. I like googling images of ___ weeks pregnant so I can picture what Owen's doing in there and what he looks like. 

5. Kaden was fussy and overtired going down for his nap, as soon as I finish TTT I'm going to launch into homework mode.  The semester is about to get ridiculously busy and I feel unprepared for the amount of things I need to get done by my EDD. 

6. The sun came out for a bit earlier and it was a nice break from gray skies and rain.  Kaden has been getting outside in our backyard, or to the playground every chance we get.  I might take him to the indoor play place tomorrow if it rains again.  A tired and contented toddler = happy parents. 

7.  Childproofing has become a thing.  Our house is babyproofed, but as Kaden likes to show us - it's not TODDLERproofed.  He's started pushing chairs around so he can climb on the counters. Yesterday I turned around and he was standing on the oven door (which he'd opened) and stirring things in the frying pan with a kitchen knife.  The burners were on. Sigh...

8. EV thinks we should install a gate at the kitchen entrance and I think I'll have to finally give in and just do it.

9. I slept successfully last night despite being terrified to go to sleep. I woke up Monday early morning to the worst leg cramps ever.  I talked to my Chiropractor yesterday and she had me do a couple of stretches. I took extra magnesium and calcium last night and put arnica gel on my leg. Then I used a heating pad on my calf intermittently throughout the night.  My calf was sore all yesterday, and is still sore today, so I am doubly grateful that I didn't have any cramps last night.  Oh and a weird remedy EV found on the web was to drink pickle juice, or vinegar. So I drank a spoonful of juice from the peperocini jar.  I have to admit it was quite good.

10.  I'm getting hungry (it's almost 1pm) time to heat up some soup or something and get to work.  

• Options
    1. I think I have hit an all time low in our TTC process. I can't seem to stop crying and I just can't seem to shake the unfairness of it all.

2. I still haven't heard anything about my job interview from last week. It is making me crazy.

3. A and I have both been sick for a few days and it is not helping my mood.

4. CD1 is still not here. I was hoping we would just breeze through our post mc cycle and everything would be fine. I don't know why I hope. My temps dropped this morning... Hopefully that is a good sign.

5. I can't stop eating. Has anyone else ever been put on a steroid to balance out hormones? I have gained 10 lbs in the past month... And that is with consistently going to the gym. It makes me feel like a failure.

6. I want a vacation.

7. I want to remember what it's like to not constantly be sad about infertility.

8. A and I are going to do something fun for Fat Tuesday... Even if we cough the whole time we need to get out of the house.

9. I wish it was spring.

10. I hope I can turn my bad attitude around soon because it is really getting on my nerves.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options

1. This seems to have been a tough Tuesday for a lot of folks. Internet *hugs* for all of you.

2. I wish I could turn it around with some good news, but no luck. BFN's yesterday and today at 10 and 11 dpiui.  I guess it's still early, but I feel like most BFP's I see are at least squinters at 10 dpiui, so it's not looking good.

3. This was the hardest BFN yet.  I felt so sure it had worked this month, even though I knew that was a foolish thing to think. If I can't turn a test, then all my "symptoms" are just in my head. TTC is clearly driving me crazy. I cried yesterday, but I still don't think it's fully sunk in. This whole process is much, much harder than I expected and I don't know how to keep it from spreading unhappiness into so many hours of my life.

4. My boobs hurt :( It's messing with my mind and it just plain hurts. I don't think this one's in my head, but maybe it is.

5. OK, 6-10 are going to be happier.

6. I got to play with babies this weekend! One was 11 months old and the other was 13 months. So adorable!

7. This morning was freezing, but it's supposed to get warmer throughout the rest of the week. Yay for getting above freezing on Friday, and yay for a high of 46 on Saturday.

8. I'm getting a massage next weekend, which will be lovely.

9. We're also going to drop off our tax stuff with our accountant this weekend. Not expecting much of a refund, but yay for easier taxes this year!

10. I'm on my own for dinner tonight, so I think I'm going to treat myself to something yummy.  Not sure what yet, maybe a burger? Or pizza?

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• Options
    @redrockmomma I got some great advice on the TTGP thread that I titled "NTTGP:Back Problems". 

I had a visit with a new chiropractor today and it was awesome. He didn't do an adjustment because he thought it would do more harm than good, but he did do some electric stimulation and ice and we're hoping it helps. I'm going back tomorrow. Please give my best to your wife. It is truly a miserable experience to be dealing with. 

@doodah1013, I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time. I hope you and A were able to do something fun today! You are the farthest from a failure, and I know its hard to think that way, but please know that you are not a failure. In any respect. 

An update for me, my older brother called me and announced yet a second unplanned pregnancy. I know that their pregnancy has nothing to do with my journey, but something about he and his wife having a 5th kid between the two of them, while on welfare and barely making it, strikes me as unfair. All we want is a baby. I'm just over it. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    Jazibel said:

7.  Childproofing has become a thing.  Our house is babyproofed, but as Kaden likes to show us - it's not TODDLERproofed.  He's started pushing chairs around so he can climb on the counters. Yesterday I turned around and he was standing on the oven door (which he'd opened) and stirring things in the frying pan with a kitchen knife.  The burners were on. Sigh...

8. EV thinks we should install a gate at the kitchen entrance and I think I'll have to finally give in and just do it.

I am sorry, but I read this gasped and then cracked up laughing!  This sounds like something that would happen at my house.  Though we have a strict, "no children or dogs allowed in the kitchen" rule  but that is mainly because our kitchen is super small.  I am thinking a gate is the best thing for that little adventurous toddler of yours :-)
    Just a fun story to add to yours.  We are potty training M, the toddler and she peed in the sit alone potty in the living room while I was changing the baby.  I heard something and looked up and our dog was drinking the pee out of her little toilet.  Oh the crazy things that happen with kids, lol!!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    trisholio said:
    Jazibel said:

I am sorry, but I read this gasped and then cracked up laughing!  This sounds like something that would happen at my house.  Though we have a strict, "no children or dogs allowed in the kitchen" rule  but that is mainly because our kitchen is super small.  I am thinking a gate is the best thing for that little adventurous toddler of yours :-)
    Just a fun story to add to yours.  We are potty training M, the toddler and she peed in the sit alone potty in the living room while I was changing the baby.  I heard something and looked up and our dog was drinking the pee out of her little toilet.  Oh the crazy things that happen with kids, lol!!
    I think your rule is a wise one.  My "cabinet locks" worked for a while - but now we're in a different and dangerous territory. I can only imagine it will get worse.   I'll work on installing a gate tomorrow. I think Kaden will throw a bit of a fit at first since he loves playing in the kitchen, but we'll make it work. :-)
    We're even too because I gasped and laughed at your dogs antics ;-).  Living with a potty trainer I am collecting poo and pee stories.  Maybe one day we can start a thread.  Reader beware!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"