VBAC
Options

Hi new here, question about GD and VBAC

Hi. I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. I'm really wanting to have a VBAC but was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with my first, insulin dependent. I live in Texas and the area that I live in does not have any local doctors that do VBACs. So I'm either having to go to a Houston hospital or have a homebirth. So far 1 birth center I've contacted said no to VBAC. I've also contacted 1 midwife group from Houston and they said no to VBAC since I was insulin dependent. My first child was only 6 lbs 13.9 oz and had no complications at all during my pregnancy. I was induced and obviously ended up with a section that totally could have been avoided.

So my question is, have any of you had a VBAC and diagnosed with GD and insulin dependent? TIA
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hi new here, question about GD and VBAC

• Options
    I have GD, insulin dependent, going for a second VBAC after 2 CS, and am having twins! You absolutely can as long as your blood sugar doesn't create an emergency.
  • Options
    So...I had GD with my first two pregnancies (delivered via C-section in Chicago) My doc induced me with the first pregnancy, said induction due to GD.  The second pregnancy, she just wouldn't let me VBAC with GD.  I now live in Minneapolis...seeing a doc who says that there isn't a lot of evidence based data that gives reason to induce, so a VBAC (even after 2 c sections) is def an option.  Maybe check with your local ICAN group...even though you aren't necessarily looking for support after a c section, they often are a wealth of information on providers who can assist you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"