2nd Trimester
Options

A little worried..

So this is my first viable pregnancy after two miscarriages, and so far, it's been a roller coaster of emotions and worries..and questions, that I feel are stupid, but I don't know the answers to, and this is probably more than you all want to read, but I felt it could be relevant, maybe?

I just hit my second trimester, and I've had bronchitis twice in the last 10 weeks, one of those times being current. I went to urgent care last Monday, and they gave me a zpack and an inhaler. The zpack usually kicks it out or at least I feel a lot better within the first two or three days...this time, not so much. So on top of having a swollen throat, constant coughing, and having a hard time breathing, I've recently (as in yesterday) came down with something else. I started running fevers, and throwing up (which could be a result of morning sickness, but I got lucky enough to only puke once so far throughout this pregnancy..so I'm not convinced). 

I don't have a primary physician, just my OB, so I'm making another trip to urgent care today to make sure I don't have the flu, and didn't know if I should really mention it or not. Yesterday I sneezed this huge, monster sneeze, and it shot this horrible, sharp pain through my crotch, and half way up my stomach area.  Which I've heard is "lightening vag" or something and it's normal. My problem is that it's still really sore and tender, and it really hurts any time I cough, or sneeze, or even breathe in deeply now, and I was spotting last night. So I guess my question is whether or not it's normal? I know spotting can be normal, but not after pain, yes or no? Has it happened to anyone else?

I just don't want to worry myself, or mention it to my doctor and sound like a hypochondriac if it's completely normal, and others have been through it. 
BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A little worried..

• Options
    I've had the stomach flu and regular flu this pregnancy. It's totally normal to have the aches and pains from all the pulling and stretching especially with all the nose blowing and coughing. Completly normal I wouldn't worry. I puked my brains out for 24 hours and luckily had a apt with my OB the day after. They said there was nothing to worry about and it's not like I was exactly hydrated since I couldn't keep anything down. But do your best to get liquids and food and you will be fine. I know the zpac doesn't always work. I've had bronchitis and zpack didn't work and then it turned into phnemonia. So hang in there..hopefully you will be better soon!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's worth mentioning to your OB, it sounds like you have a nasty virus that you're not kicking and it's turning bacterial.  The doc can tell you about what meds work best in pregnancy and will better monitor what you're taking.  The problem with urgent care is they don't have a complete health history on you, so they really are short sighted in their care.  Unfortunately, all the things that you need to do to take care of yourself when you're sick just get much, much harder in pregnancy.    Do your best to increase your fluid intake (A LOT, like 3 liters a day), rest/sleep as much as you possibly can, and worrying is just going to put more stress on your body and make it worse.  Feel better, and take care of yourself!
  • Options
    Bronchitis is just inflammation of the bronchioles, so if your doctor is giving you an antibiotic, you also have some sort of infection. If an antibiotic is not clearing it up, then you probably need to try a new type of medicine. You also need to get a lot of rest (like take days off work) and drink lots of water, because those are the only things that really help.

Source: Chronic bronchitis sufferer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Bronchitis is just inflammation of the bronchioles, so if your doctor is giving you an antibiotic, you also have some sort of infection. If an antibiotic is not clearing it up, then you probably need to try a new type of medicine. You also need to get a lot of rest (like take days off work) and drink lots of water, because those are the only things that really help.

Source: Chronic bronchitis sufferer.
    I ended up quitting my job. I'd just started Jan 20th, and with the bronchitis, doctor's trips, and getting written out, I had been gone more than I'd been there. Human resources and I did a mutual termination..which made me feel like crap for my husband, because now he's on his own with bills and stuff. I guess it evens out since I supported us by myself for 3 years, but it still kind of sucks. I'm still not completely better, but for the most part it's not so bad anymore. I just have trouble breathing sometimes, and my cough is still here, but the inhaler helps a lot. Thanks though! 
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"