Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

**SEPTEMBER 2014 BMB check in for Feb!

Hey September girls, any updates? Recent doctors appointments? Bad days? Good days? How is everyone coping? Need to vent??Just checking in. Tell us how you're feeling!!

I am going to TRY to check in with everyone once a month so we keep in touch.

Here's my check in:
Just made my appointment for genetic counseling and testing for March 11th. I am scared but excited to get the testing process underway and hopeful to finally be getting answers. I also have a follow up appointment with my OB in a week or so.

As far as my mood lately, pretty crappy for lack of a better word. I have good moments but I'm pretty sad most of the time and I'm having trouble coping. Probably doesn't help that my EDD from my 1st miscarriage is right around the corner. The only thing that seems to help is distracting myself with something fun to do every weekend. But that means I have 6 other days to get through before I'm happy again.

I had a meltdown the other day, long story, but resulted in both my parents saying "I'm being weak and crazy". Don't really know where our relationship stands after that. It hurt so much to hear them say that.

Still pretty much have no support system except for DH. Best friend hasn't said a word to me since I told her. We will be seeing a therapist next week. Actually looking forward to it.

Hope someone has some good news!

Re: **SEPTEMBER 2014 BMB check in for Feb!

• I'm an october mom but you seem like you'd read this through.
    Its been 3 weeks since I knew I lost ours. My numbers were very low low then and I was very confused that after a week and a half they had only dropped by 25. It was frustrating and at the same time a relief to know that at least a portion of my mood swings still have to do with hormones and not just what I was viewing as personal weakness.
    My hubby has been awesome however while this has made me want to be a mom so much more, it seems to have pushed him the opposite direction. He's not talking to anyone about it and has been with me every moment he's not at work. I know guys don't 'just talk' but I've been so consumed and emotional, I know he must be spent.
    Saw my dr yesterday. She's amazing. I had so many questions and what-if she answered. She even hugged me before I left. Its my first experience with all of this so I had no idea what to expect. She helped give me some peace and told me to give myself 3 months physically and emotionally to heal and to be patient with myself. Today was a better day but I was busy at work. Tomorrow's another day. Michigan is frigid and I need to start doing mindless chores like bathrooms and laundry. They need to be done but I struggle to keep a positive mind when doing them alone.
    Sorry to hear about your parents. I'm so grateful to have this site. My best friend is pregnant for her third and has no understanding of what I'm coping with.
    Maybe the thoughts from my dr will help you too. Hugs.
  • arschm02arschm02 member
    edited February 2014
    Had my D&C yesterday. Went in on Tuesday to find out my 12w5d baby stopped growing at 11 weeks. I knew it from my first scan at 6w5d when it measured small that something wasn't right. Then after finding the heartbeat for a week and a half straight and then not hearing it anymore at 11 weeks that something could be very wrong. My heart hurts but am relieved that physically I'm not in any pain. I am so grateful for my 10 month old little man... His smiles help me get through my day and keep on keeping on. I'm thankful that I got to carry my baby for as long as I did but at the same time am so frustrated. Why so late and why couldn't my body realize it? Seeing that still baby on the ultrasound will haunt me forever. 

Work helped keep me busy and my mind free of everything today until a three year old boy at work asked me if I had a baby in my tummy (there are 2 pregnant teachers and 2 just recently had one). It took everything in my power to smile and him and say, "no silly, that's ms. Kenzie and ms. Becca." I walked away with tears in my eyes and made a trip to the bathroom to have a mini private meltdown.

@maxsmommy123112, I'm so sorry about your parents and best friend!!! I can't even imagine! It is very exciting to have that appointment for March. Keep us updated.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Hugs hugs hugs everyone!!!

My exciting news is that I got my period today, exactly 4 weeks after my d&c. I feel good and ready to
    Move forward.

Also got my bloodwork back regarding a potential clotting disorder. I do have a mutation in the MTHFR gene, but only one variant allele (heterozygous) and it shouldn't impact future pregnancies. I have to take 10x the normal amount of folic acid and baby aspirin, but looks like no blood thinner injections or anything. I feel much less guilt now, too. For a while I felt like I had this healthy baby and my body killed him. I'm getting over that feeling and I have my happy back.
  • jesswein9jesswein9 member
    edited February 2014
    Hope everyone is doing as well as they can under the circumstances.

I just got back from my follow up appointment, as I am a little over two weeks out from my d&c. The wait was excruciating...waited 2 hours in a waiting room full of big bellies pregnant women only to see the doctor for a whopping 1 minute. Some of the women were really getting under my skin. Like one women who brought her three other young kids with her to the appointment. Her kids were out of control and she just proceeded to yell at them and spank them. Why do people like this have no problem having babies and nice, normal people have issues?? Life is just not fair sometimes.

Anyways, now that I vented all that out---

Doc said everything is healed up nicely and gave us the ok to start trying again. I have an RE appointment set for late march, so hopefully we will get some answers from all of that. Fingers crossed!

Me (28) DH (27)
    Married June 2012
    Started TTC July 2013
         BFP #1          August 2013          EDD 4/29/14            natural MC at 6-7 week
    BFP #2         January 2014         EDD 9/24/14            MC at 8 weeks, D&C
    BFP #3         March 2014            EDD 12/4/14            MC at 8 weeks, D&C
    BFP #4         August 2014            EDD 4/20/15        Hoping for our rainbow
                                                It's a BOY!

• jesswein9 said:

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can under the circumstances.

I just got back from my follow up appointment, as I am a little over two weeks out feom my d&c. The wait was excruciating...waited 2 hours in a waiting room full of big bellies pregnant women only to see the doctor for a whopping 1 minute. Some of the women were really getting under my skin. Like one women who brought her three other young kids with her to the appointment. Her kids were out of control and she just proceeded to yell and spank them. Why do people like this have no problem having babies and nice, normal people have issues?? Life is just not fair sometimes.

Anyways, now that I vented all that out---

Seriously! I had a meltdown a couple of weeks ago when I was flipping through the channels and came across Teen Mom. One girl had a kid at 17, then an anortion and she's pregnant again.
  • Went for my follow up sono today to see if everything had passed. Most of it did and the doctor said I didn't need a D&C but she said she wanted me to take another dose of cytotec because not as much as she wanted has passed. I am thinking maybe a D&C would have been better for me. This is really dragging on now.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I normally post on Trying to Get Pregnant (although I'm not a super regular), but I just came here today because I don't know where I belong. I was due Sept 25 but never posted on Sept 14 because I had had a recent m/c and wanted to wait until I felt more secure.

Last week I had my 3rd m/c; I had my 1st m/c in Feb 2011, then I had a son in April 2012. My 2nd m/c was a natural m/c this past Dec, and I had an emergency D&C and blood transfusion on Feb 23. I went to the hospital via ambulance because I passed out at home, and I wasn't taken to the hospital where my doctors practice. The dr. who performed the D&C told my to wait three cycles, but my doctor has always told me to wait one. I don't know if he told me to wait three cycles because of the blood loss (now I'm anemic and have to take iron 3x/day for three months). I follow up with my regular doctor on Friday, so I'll ask him. I'm 37 and really don't want to wait longer than necessary. We don't know what to do moving forward.

I also don't quite know what I'm feeling. My H and mom keep saying how strong I am, but the truth is, I feel so numb. They think I'm holding back tears, but the truth is, I don't have any. I wish I could cry; maybe that would make me feel better. I wonder what's wrong with me?
  • Hugs to all. Thanks maxsmommy for keeping this going also so sorry your parents are being like that. I have been checking the board off and on. Sad to see more Sept mommies joined.

I had my d&c on 2/20 all went well. Light bleeding and cramping for two days. Now we are just waiting to get cycles back on track. Currently I am benched from ttc. Due to the pregnancy making my type 2 diabetes out of control. So I have two appointments coming up my follow up from my d&c and joining the preconception at sweet success. While I am not quite ready yet we have at least 3 months of hard work to get the green light. I also started seeing my therapist again to help work through the depression.

As far as moods I am as unpredictable and feel a rollercoaster of anything from angry, sad, scared and love. My husband is being very supportive and I am still off on fmla/disability until the 10th. I have huge anxiety of going back to work. I went to visit my sister and mom this past weekend and it was a struggle to,keep it together. Of course they don't care if I cry and they have been very supportive.

I made a memory box of our little one. It was the hardest thing I did. Yet I love the closure I got as there is no place for us to plant a tree at our condo and I don't wear jewelry. We also donated in memory of our little one for the march of dimes.

Please feel free to reach out to me anytime

Me: 33, PCOS, Type2 MH: 35, Type2
    BFP#1 1/8/14 due 9/16/14- mmc 2/16- d&c 2/20/14
    Benched till 6/18/14

• Finding this post a little late, but I'll jump in anyway! I was just starting to get active on the Sept 14 board the last few weeks (I'd been lurking for a while), and now I'm here.

At my regular monthly appt on 3/5 we couldn't get a heartbeat with the doppler, so went back the next day for an US - baby was supposed to be 11w2d but was measuring 9 weeks. I was absolutely shocked - we'd had an US at 8 weeks and everything was perfect, strong heartbeat, measuring right... to nothing. I was showing no signs of natural MC, so we scheduled a D&C for that afternoon. I can't believe everything happened so quickly. I'm recovering physically much better than mentally. I had two days of no reaction immediately after the procedure, then 1 day of heavy cramps/bleeding, then back to nothing. My emotions have been much more consistently awful. I'm back to work, but spending most of my time surfing the boards here. It's just so hard to focus on anything else.

Thanks @maxsmommy123112 for starting this post - I've been trying to figure out if I recognize usernames from the other board, but we've all changed our siggys so I was never sure!
    TTC since 8/13 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/14  MMC/D&C 3/6/14
    BFP #2 - 6/29/14 - on our first wedding anniversary! NMC 7/8/14
    BFP #3 - 2/11/15 - Also found out I have MTHFR deficiency - taking Foltx for more folic acid!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was also just starting to post on sept 14. I had a disastrous NT scan yesterday and am having a d&c next week.
    1.0&2.0 7-29-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"