High-Risk Pregnancy

Here we go again...To miscarry or not to miscarry

edited February 2014 in High-Risk Pregnancy
On Tuesday, I took a pregnancy test at work (yeahhh..I was impatient) and it was positive. Since I was feeling a bit crampy (specifically on my left side) I was nervous and I made an appointment with my doctor the next day since I have history of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. A couple of hours later, I decided to go to the hospital because it was getting a bit more noticeable. Long story short, I started to bleed, I expelled a clot and they said that I miscarried. They even went so far to tell me that the baby was no longer in the sac. I went today to follow up with my regular Dr and he tells me that the baby is still in the sack. He gave me progesterone, took my blood and told me to go back in 2 days. Now, I am confused as hell. Is this why they didn't do a d&c?? Any thoughts?

Re: Here we go again...To miscarry or not to miscarry

• That seems strange. :( glad to hear the baby is still there though!
  • So your regular doc is saying you did not miscarry?  Which is what I assume since he gave you progesterone....he wouldn't do that if you miscarried.  When you say you went to the hospital, do you mean the ER.  Because the ER is NOT good with pregnant people.  They are used to cuts, bleeding, broken bones....I've heard tons of stories where the ER was very insensitive with pregnant women, saying they were miscarrying or saying they had a threatened miscarriage when everything turned out to be fine.

Since they cannot do anythng for you anyway, the only time I would recommend going to the ER in early pregnancy is if you are bleeding a LOT, like a crazy abnormal amount, or if you are in severe, severe pain.  I would call your doctor back and get some answers, I'm sorry you're going through this.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • @ anglesnight
    Yes, I went to the ER and I bled and it is one clot that came out. After that, it pretty much slowed down. They refused to do the d&c because they said I should let it be done naturally. I am impatient but have no other choice but to wait. If my hcg rose, that means it is still viable. If it remained stagnant or dropped, then I am miscarrying. i will find out tomorrow. I just want to understand this.
  • I had bleeding last night, my ob recommended I just go straight to l&d not the er for the reasons stated above.

Hope your levels rise, waiting is the worst!
  • I don't have an answer for you but I wanted to wish you luck and I hope baby is okay!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Well, went to the doctor yesterday and my hcg has gone up in 1 day from 6580 to 7779...I am a bit concerned because I know it should double within 2-3 days. It was only one day. So,  cant really tell if it's good or bad. Also, we saw a heartbeat but it was low. She said I measured at 5 weeks and baby has a heart rate of 103. I am technically supposed to be Salomo 7 weeks. Perhaps I Ovulated late. Even though the news is better than I thought, I am still worried. I have slight cramping still. I just hope all works out...I have to admit though, this is some kind of miracle.
  • Fingers crossed for you and the baby.
  • Update...beta is now 12,707....So far so good!
  • Glad to hear that things are progressing well! Hope it stays that way.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"