LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check-In

Top of the Morning To Everyone!

Where is everyone in their journeys on this fine day? Feel free to share successes and frustrations!

**Reminder - If you have a BFP to share, please create a separate thread to share with everyone. Thank you.**

QOTD: Here in Ohio, we are growing extremely tired of this winter weather. What is everyone looking for to when things finally warm up?

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

Re: TTC Check-In

• Options
    Make sure to checkin on this thread! There is an old TTC thread that has been bumped, and it just happens to be from the week after our loss... So every time I look at it, it makes me sad.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

• Options

I'll check in here :)

I'm benched for a while.  I think I want to wait until May to try again, for many different reasons.  The biggest is that I want to lose some weight.  I want to drop at least 20 pounds before I try again.  I've been doing a lot of research on how obesity impacts pregnancy rates and it's pretty disturbing.  I didn't care much about it in the past because my numbers are all normal despite being so large (my BMI, currently, is 44).  I like the way I look so I haven't wanted to lose weight for vanity reasons...

But apparently being very large (i.e. morbidly obese, though I hate that term) causes damage to your eggs.  No one told me this.  My doctors just kept saying things like "You might get PCOS" or "You have an increased risk of GD and preeclampsia."  Which I figured I'd just worry about once I got KU by exercising daily and eating less sugar.  And as for PCOS, I don't have any hormonal imbalances or cysts on my ovaries...  I am anovulatory, though.

Anyway, I want to lose enough weight to be "regular obese" and out of the "morbidly obese" range.  I think it will improve my odds.  And with one last vial of sperm, I have to make this one count as much as I can.

Plus April is a horrible month for me, work wise.  I have to work pretty much every weekend and it gets crazy stressful, which can't be good for conception.

So anyhoo, I don't want to say I'm benched per say... more like I'm out in the field working my ass off (literally) and then hopping back in the saddle when it's time to ride ;)

I think I finally have the motivation to lose weight now, so yay!  I've been wanting to do it for my own health but... cheese burgers and chocolate cake are so delicious.

I'd like to end this by saying I don't think anyone should be ashamed of their weight, and I don't think obesity = infertility.  I am a special kind of obese, though, so I feel like getting my weight down will improve my chances.  I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post or imply it's anyone's fault, personally, that they aren't pregnant yet.  This is just my best course of action.

Good luck to all!  I'll still post here but I'll be taking the next two cycles off :) My weight loss goal is 10 pounds a month.  Hopefully that's not too unrealistic!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm 10 dpiui and I'm planning to test for the first time this cycle after work today.  I'm getting much, much too optimistic about this being our month.  I had cramping at 7 dpiui that seemed significant and I've convinced myself that my breasts are sore.  So tonight I'm going to either be over the moon excited or incredibly despondent.  Wish me luck!

QOTD: I'm looking forward to my commute getting much better.  I walk to work through a beautiful public garden.  In the winter, I bury my face in my scarf and walk as quickly as possible. Once spring comes, I get to stroll and look at all the leaves and flowers slowly making their apperance. It's magical.

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• Options
    rkborkbo member
    Today is days 13&14piui...I have peed on many sticks over the past week and all were negative. I had my scheduled blood draw this morning. I am anticipating the doc calling me around 5ish with the official BFN. 

QOTD: Well, since I live in Southern California our only Winter weather has been rain this past week. It should warm up to the mid 70's again this week. I am going to Vegas with my wife on Saturday to help her get set up for her new job. I checked the weather and its supposed to be 78ish :) Hoping to lay by the pool some, I am pasty white.
  • Options
    HollynLeanaHollynLeana member
    edited March 2014
    Sorry @rkbo...you're not out til,she calls! @sweetpea0307 I hope this is it! FX for you both!
    @wishiwaspreggo I feel like my drs won't say lose weight....I have a pretty high BMI...but my RE says I'm fine....I dunno it's all so confusing. All the fertility stress eating does not help!
    @doodah1013 how are you feeling? How are your emotions?
    I go back to the RE Friday for. Monitoring and if all is well I go back Monday for what I am calling our last in office IUI! I'm getting really over the costs and how it's affecting our stress level...DW loves that controlled environment and the meds upping our chances, but I'm getting exhausted not to mention the financial burden and stress can't help my fertility...so FX I hope the $4k and amazing new donor do the trick so I can join the ranks with all the cool lesbian moms on here! Have a good week guys!

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 
    1st IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 10/14/13... BFP 10/26/13...                                                         
    EDD 7/1/14 ...MMC 11/22/13...D&C 11/25/13

2nd IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 1/15/14...BFN 

3rd IUI (unmedicated) 2/12/14...BFN
    4th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 3/10/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 4/4/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 5/2 & 5/3...BFN
    5th & 6th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 5/28 & 5/29...BFN
    7th & 8th IUI (follistim & ovidrel) 6/24 & 6/25....BFN

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Daisypath Friendship tickers

• Options
    Hello everyone.... I feel like garbage.... I feel as not pregnant as ever. Today should be CD1... And besides being hyper emotional there is no sign of anything starting soon. This will mean that I don't get to go on a free trip to Atlantic city later this month which I really wanted to catch a break on... Oh well.
    A and I were also really sick this weekend with a bad cold. I have gained 10 pounds in the last month and don't know why... And I am still in job limbo as I await the powers that be to make a decision if I will be promoted or not.
    So yeah... Not a lot goin well here. Hopefully things will turn around, but I am not holding my breath.

My lovely wife:

• Options
    Sorry @rkbo...you're not out til,she calls! @sweetpea0307 I hope this is it! FX for you both!
    @wishiwaspreggo I feel like my drs won't say lose weight....I have a pretty high BMI...but my RE says I'm fine....I dunno it's all so confusing. All the fertility stress eating does not help!
    @doodah1013 how are you feeling? How are your emotions?
    I go back to the RE Friday for. Monitoring and if all is well I go back Monday for what I am calling our last in office IUI! I'm getting really over the costs and how it's affecting our stress level...DW loves that controlled environment and the meds upping our chances, but I'm getting exhausted not to mention the financial burden and stress can't help my fertility...so FX I hope the $4k and amazing new donor do the trick so I can join the ranks with all the cool lesbian moms on here! Have a good week guys!

My doc has been encouraging me to lose weight - but she keeps saying it's so my pregnancy will be easier on my body but I just sorta blew her off (real mature of me, right? lol) and like I said, I figured I'd focus on my health once I got the BFP.

I never got a BFP.  My doctor was worried about whether or not I was having a quality issue with my eggs, which is why she wanted to start more aggressive treatment.

A decline in egg quality with weight isn't 100% verified, but I figured it can't hurt.  Plus my wallet is aching something awful because we had a basement flood disaster (which was the City's fault but they're denying blame so we're out $1100, which was supposed to go towards our next fertility treatment).  We're pursuing legal action now.

ANYway, I figure while we're taking a financial break it may be in my best interests to lose weight.  The meds make me so hungry so it's incredibly difficult to lose during a cycle.  Meds-free, I have an easier time controlling my appetite.

((((HUGS)))) @Doodah1013 - sorry you're having such a rough go at it :( C and I have declared 2014 to be a horrible year thus far.  I really hope things start looking up again soon, for all of us.

• Options
    @doodah1013, I'm so sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I know that nothing we say will heal the wounds you have, but I am sending thoughts and prayers your way. 

We're currently 6dpici and I had my progesterone blood draw today to confirm ovulation. I started progesterone supplements 4dpici, so I'm expecting my numbers to be fine. I am battling a cold and managed to reherniate a disc in my back, so the only "symptoms" I am feeling have nothing to do with pregnancy. I'm in excruciating pain and am hoping to get to a chiropractor soon. 

We're not sure how much longer we are going to ttc. At this point, we are extremely disappointed in our RE, but considering that we were only planning on trying for a few more months, it is not worth the hassle of getting a new referral and becoming established with a new RE. If this cycle doesn't work out for us, we are going to re-evaluate our plans. We know that we have an amazing life ahead of us, regardless of what we choose, but it will still be a very big decision. 

QOTD: Michigan has been horrific this winter and I am just looking forward to temps higher than 20. We are hikers and not really into any other winter sport at this time, and even hiking in 30 degree weather can be miserable. It's no fun and I can't wait to get outside and be able to hike, or even just go for a walk, without being uncomfortable from the cold. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options

@doodah1013 I'm sorry you're going through such a rough patch. You are definitely due for a big dose of good news.

@GoaliesWife123 That's a really hard decision you're dealing with; I hope it just becomes a moot point for you soon. On a non-TTC note, hiking in the winter can be really wonderful, I totally recommend it.  My wife and I moved to Boston from CA and had a hard time adjusting to not being able to hike and camp all year long, but we recently discovered winter hiking and love it now. It requires kind of a lot of gear, both for traction/safety and for keeping warm, but it's really rewarding.  Let me know if you want any info!

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• Options
    Well, as I posted in my thread update, my beta was only 2.4 today. Back on the TTC train we go. This current cycle is obviously out as we are too far into it and we leave for Florida on Friday. It looks like our next cycle will be at the end of this month/beginning of April. I will continue with Gonal-F and then add progesterone after my IUI. Hopefully the progesterone does the trick. I'm a bit upset because I tried asking if I needed it this time and the nurse kinda fluffed me off. Oh well. Live and learn and move forward.

QOTD: we have also had very cold and snowy weather. I'm looking forward to my feet not being so cold and to the Spring flowers. I never planted my Spring bulbs back in the Fall, but I might try and get them in if the weather breaks at some point and if the snow ever goes away. My trusty crocuses will come up. Again, the snow needs to leave first though.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    I had an ultrasound today, CD 12, due to some screwiness with my OPK results over the weekend. One mature follicle. We had planned natural cycle but I decided to go ahead with Ovidrel today. I am scheduled for IUI tomorrow, 28 hours after the trigger. I am a little wary about the timing since it seems like it is more common here on the boards for 36 hours after trigger. My RE office does it the following day. 

QOTD: Spring is my favorite time of year. I am looking forward to watching my garden start to grow. 
     TTC at age 37
    Feb '14: Unmedicated IUI=BFN
    March '14: Ovidrel + IUI=BFN
    April '14: Ovidrel + IUI=BFN
    May '14: Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium+IUI=BFN
    June '14: Ovidrel, prometrium+IUI=BFN
    Aug '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel, prometrium +IUIx2=BFN
    Oct '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel, prometrium+IUI=BFN
    Nov '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel +IUI
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo - Good luck in your weight loss goals. It certainly can't hurt!

@rkbo - Sorry you have gotten BFNs.

@SweetPea0307 - I hope you find a BFP!

@Goalieswife123 - I hope your BFP is this cycle. I'm glad you are on the progesterone. It can't hurt. I can understand your thinking of getting out of TTC. C and I have discussed that as well. We have two vials left. After that, I'm not sure what are family making journey will look like.

@Mellebee - good luck tomorrow! I think 36 hours is standard for most of us doing IUIs. If your office does 28 hours, I'm guessing maybe they have had success with it. At any rate, good luck in your TWW!

@HollynLeana - I hope this cycle will be your last. You never know what variable might be the one that makes all the difference. I hope all goes well on Friday for you!

@doodah1013 - I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Everyone is entitled to bad days, or days that just aren't good. I hope your CD 1 comes quickly so that you can get started again. As @2Mamaz said many moons ago, the only way is through. We must go through to get to the other side.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    An update for us: I had my progesterone level checked today via a blood test and my level at 6dpo is 23. Last cycle, at 7dpo, my level was 11. I'm thrilled! I know it's not a guarantee by any means, but it is definitely more encouraging than last cycle. I'm on progesterone to keep the levels up, too.

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN

• Options
    rkborkbo member
    Bleh... got the BFN confirmation today. Sigh. BFN = margarita in a wine glass (since I don't own margarita glasses)
  • Options

Thanks, @StacyLH24 and @CrazyAunt84 - I did a 45 minute workout yesterday so I'm proud of myself :) I'm gonna try to keep that up 5 times a week.  I read that increased blood flow through exercise is really good for your ovaries and egg development.  When I do my next cycle I'm going to try the low carb thing.  I heard it's good for IVF, may as well apply that to IUI!  I can forgo carbs for a couple weeks for the sake of egg quality ;) Then I'll plan a nice dinner at Cracker Barrel and load up on biscuits right after my IUI!

• Options

Right now we are just waiting for blood work to see if we can confirm ovulation with SO. We got a positive OPK, and she is set for a CD22 Progesterone check tomorrow. So we are pretty anxious for the results. With trying my SO is making it a point to change eating habits and I have joined her. As of this morning my SO lost 9 lbs in about 2.5 weeks, I am super proud of her. Myself I refuse to weigh myself weekly I do it monthly so I have weighed in just yet. I need to pick up some sort of physical activity too I am not a gym person but I do need to start exercising.

QOTD: Here in Ohio, we are growing extremely tired of this winter weather. What is everyone looking for to when things finally warm up? I am looking forward to BBQ at the house. Last year we purchased a house with a great yard layout and we used it some but with it being my SO last semester at school we didnt host much.

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options

@rkbo sorry for your results

@wishiwaspreggo good luck on your new plan, my SO is overweight and she has been working super hard at exercising and eating better and she is losing we are hoping this helps with her diagnosis of PCOS as well.

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options
    @Kristi&p - I've heard good things about weight loss and improved fertility.  Hoping it does the trick for you and your SO!  Getting pregnant is a great motivation... it'll be very good for her own health, too, so even if this isn't our silver bullet at the very least we can experience better health overall :) GL!!
  • Options
    @TwoMomsinTX I am so, so sorry for your losses. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"