June 2013 Moms

What are you reading?

What are you reading now?
Would you recommend it?
Recommend a book you have read in the last six months:
~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
imageimage
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are you reading?

• What are you reading now? The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty
    Would you recommend it? Yes. So far it is good.
    Recommend a book you have read in the last six months: The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • What are you reading now? The way of Shadows (The Night Angel Trilogy)
    Would you recommend it? Yes, I'm really enjoying it
    Recommend a book you have read in the last six months: The Mistborn Trilogy
  • Loading the player...
  • Currently reading The Book Thief.  It's taking me FOREVER, but it's really good and I would recommend it.  

I seriously cannot remember a book I actually finished in the last 6 months, with the exception of one I wouldn't recommend.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • kdc2007 said:

Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging out without Me?- we are reading this for my bookclub. It's okay. 

I am anxiously waiting to read the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (called Hollow City). It's sitting on my nightstand. 
    @kdc2007 is the sequel out yet? I read the first and my mom is starting it now
  • I just finished James Pattersons 1st to die, it was pretty good
  • Right now I'm reading Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter - so far it's good!

I finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty - I recommend it; it was very engaging!

I also read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks earlier this year which I recommend if you like well-written, interesting non-fiction.
  • melOHdy said:

Is James Patterson all he's cracked up to be?  I have always been confused on whether he's an adult murder mystery writer or a YA fiction writer..or both? Are his books good? Do you prefer his YA books or adult books?

@bekahlulu or anyone else
    @melOHdy I've only read his Alex cross series until I read 1st to die. Mostly his adult murder mysteries and theyre pretty good
  • I just finished James Pattersons 1st to die, it was pretty good

Well now you have to keep on going! Number 13 comes out next week or sometime soon, my mom just informed me, that's what I will be reading!!
    @NurseMommy13 I didn't even know there was a sequel, I just thought that was the only book..geez I've got to get started between that and the sequel to miss peregrines sequel
  • I let LO nap on me (I know, I need to break this habit) so I've actually had quite a bit of reading time.
    I really enjoyed:
    The Language of Flowers
    The Orphan Train
    The Sisterhood
    The Kitchen House
    Those were all pretty similar. Historical fiction that goes back and forth between multiple narrators.

I read War Brides and likes it but thought the ending was weird.

I reread the last Harry Potter book which just gave me a Harry Potter hangover. And I am currently reading the first Game of Thrones book.

Wow, looking at that list makes me think I could try the 10,000 page challenge.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @melOHdy will pm you my user name. I have no goodreads friends!

• VASC said:
    I haven't read an entire book since LO's birth. :(

This.

• dmlk413dmlk413 member
    edited March 2014
    melOHdy said:

Anyone have Goodreads? I'd love to be friends and check out your racks...I mean shelves  ;)

I do! Link in siggy.

ETA: same gr name as on here.

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I now have some books to add to my Kindle and I think you ladies just inspired my lent commitment: more books, less technology!
  • For fiction...

I just finished Insurgent but decided to hold off on the third one because of the bad reviews. Those of you who read it, what did y'all think?

Also, I'm reading Eleanor and Park right now. It's a good YA novel so far.

Before the first two Divergent books, I read Gone Girl. I mostly liked it.

Excited to start the sequel to Miss Peregrine's soon.

• I'm on goodreads also. Will friend you guys tomorrow.
  • Y'all inspired me to sign up for goodreads. Same screen name.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • For fiction...

I just finished Insurgent but decided to hold off on the third one because of the bad reviews. Those of you who read it, what did y'all think?

Also, I'm reading Eleanor and Park right now. It's a good YA novel so far.

Before the first two Divergent books, I read Gone Girl. I mostly liked it.

Excited to start the sequel to Miss Peregrine's soon.

Reading Insurgent was painful. The story was just very boring to me. I had to force myself to get through it and was glad when it was over. If you aren't really curious about how the story ends, don't bother. I needed to know how it ended.
    imageimage
  • I'm out of the Loop...what's goodreads?

Goodreads is a website/app where you can track what you are reading, what you want to read, and it has a social media aspect where you can see what friends are reading.
    imageimage
  • pkp2pkp2 member
    I just read Divergent and knew people weren't pleased with the ending of the series and so before I spent money to buy #2 and #3, I read the reviews on Amazon that had spoilers. I decided not to finish the series.
  • lioness13 said:

What are you reading now?
    I've been into audio books recently. They make my commute less stressful. Right now I have Nora Roberts Hot Ice in the CD Player.

Would you recommend it?
    It's not the greatest but I really like the reader. She does great character voices which keep me enticed.

Recommend a book you have read in the last six months:
    Truthfully, I haven't read anything recently that I would recommend. I love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series and can't wait to read the newest release! I would love to dig my Kindle out and read more but I've been so busy at work and home that I don't have time.

• I am reading "The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks"

I would definitely recommend it. It has been so interesting and I am usually not a non fiction reader but this book is great so far.

I read "The Glass Castle" back in October and I loved it.
    I also read the Sylvia Day "Crossfire" series. There were 3 books and they were good. Very 50 shades of grey ish but entertaining.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • watuzzigalwatuzzigal member
    edited March 2014
    @PSNLS I've heard Tina Fey's book is great on audio because she reads it herself!

I might go to the library for the third Divergent book if I get curious. Thanks for the info @lioness13 .
  • If we picked a book quickly, we could start in March!  I'm in if anyone else is :)
  • I will sign up for goodreads if you have a book club. I would love to join!

+1
  • Would yall prefer to do a book club here or on goodreads?  I think I would slightly prefer goodreads, but I'm open!
  • Ok I'm starting a Goodreads Group for our bookclub.  Once I get it going I'll let you know and we can start discussing books for March over there!
  • I'm reading shatter me right now. I'm only on chpt 6 but I like it so far. I'd like to do a book club. I'll sign up for goodreads tonight.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• I just added a user name to my good reads profile. It is the same as my bump name. Add me please :) My profile shows up as Lissett B. so it may be under that.

Lbeez13

BabyFruit Ticker

• @numbersgirl08, @kari5186, @lizzybizzy80, @melOHdy, @kdc2007

I just added screen name to be the same as here. Please be my goodreads friends :)
    imageimage
  • I'm just now hopping on this bandwagon.  I love to read, and need to step away from the terrible fanfiction I've been reading - a bookclub would be just what I need!

Same sn as on the bump :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Has anyone read Lean In? I keep hearing it is awesome, but haven't been able to get it at the library.
    Sorry I'm just now seeing this, but if you can watch her TED talk, it's pretty much the same thing. I felt it was okay, but some of my other female colleagues loved it. She's pretty pretentious in some of her thoughts and feelings on the working woman/mother and that irked me a little. Plus, a 2 week maternity leave? Pffft.
    I nominated it in the book club because I think it'd be interesting to discuss.  However, it might not really interest everyone, so who knows!
  • Sorry to bring this thread back to the top, but I remembered you read YA, @melOHdy‌ . Have you read Eleanor and Park yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"