February 2013 Moms

Daycare vent...I'm so frustrated. (Very, very long)

We had a scary daycare situation occur when we first put DS in daycare at 9 weeks old (short story: they fed him rice cereal without our permission, he had blood in his stools for two days), so we hired a nanny for the first year of his life. We absolutely loved our nanny. She was like another mother to DS, but financially, we couldn't make it work to keep her on past a year. We decided to start DS in daycare at one so he could get some socialization. DS started daycare on February 3rd, the day after his one-year birthday, at a brand-new facility that has two infant rooms (A is for infants up to 6 months, B is for infants 6-12 months) and a toddler room. We were told that he would most likely start in the toddler room when he began, which was fine with me. 

February 2nd rolls around and he's put in the infant B classroom, which actually turned out to be a perfect because there were three other babies in his room that were born in February, all two days apart after DS' birthday being 2/2: 2/24, 2/26, 2/28. There was a great little group of them in there, all around the same skill level. One of them is walking, one is taking a few steps, and then DS and another one of these kiddos are not walking independently at all. 

Since DS has never been in daycare, he's struggled a little bit to feel comfortable there. I know that he doesn't do nearly as much there as he does at home when it comes to walking, cruising, etc. At home, he is cruising easily between pieces of furniture, waves to everyone and everything, plays peekaboo on his own, and is starting to have several words. At daycare, it's a different story. Because there are so many other babies, I think he sort of hangs back and does his own thing. Since starting daycare, he's also been sick a lot; one of these illnesses landed us in the ER because of his scary-high fever. He's missed several days this past month, so he is still getting acclimated. 

However, I've had some concerns recently. Several times when I've dropped him off, his classroom teacher isn't there yet, so I have to drop him off in another room- usually the Infant A room. This wouldn't be a big deal if it only happened a few times, but it has started to become the rule and not the exception. I've also come to pick him up a lot recently and had to go wandering to find him-- last week, he was with the toddlers outside. There's very little consistency with who his daycare provider is-- somedays he's with the Infant A ladies in the morning, goes to the Infant B room during the day, and then ends up with the toddlers in the afternoon because some of the workers have to leave. (I should note that his day at DC isn't as long as some others: I drop him off usually around 7:45 and pick him up by 4 at the latest). 

Today, I got really annoyed. I came to pick him up early from daycare because our school system closed early due to inclement weather. I picked him up right at 12. I went to his usual Infant B classroom-- no one is in there, the lights are off. So, I go to the toddler classroom to look for him. He's not in there, but there is a sign on the toddler room that says "Welcome to the Toddler room, Baby 1 and Baby 2!" Baby 1 and Baby 2 were two of the infants who were in DS' room originally and were born at the end of February, but have I guess now been moved up. (Another confusing piece: Baby 1 is able to take a few steps, then falls, Baby 2 is not walking at all). 

Finally, I go to the Infant A room. And in the midst of all of these little tiny 3 month olds in bouncers and swings is my guy-- sitting there playing by himself. It broke my heart. I asked the ladies in the Infant A room where DS' normal teacher was, and apparently she had to leave early. Again. Then, one of the ladies in the infant A room asked if DS was a year old yet. I told her that he actually had turned 13 months old yesterday. Her response was that she had noticed him pulling himself up and maybe he would be walking soon. I told her that he cruises all around our house with ease, so I had no doubt he would soon be walking. Then, she said "Bye, Henry! Wave bye!" DS didn't wave back. I told her he waves all the time at home. She said, "I'm sure he does all sorts of things at home. I bet we wouldn't even recognize him if we saw the way he acted there."

At this point, I'm pissed. I head to the director of the daycare's office and ask if they always move the kids around from room to room in the middle of the day. She told me that not always, but DS' teacher had to leave in the middle of the day, so they moved him into Infant A. I then asked her if they were going to be moving him up at any point, since I saw that they had moved two of the other kids in his age group up. She said she wanted to wait until he was better on his feet before moving him and that she would probably move him in April. 

I'm probably being totally irrational about this, but here are the things I'm annoyed by:

1. My kid is moved from room to room, day in and day out. I'm pretty sure because of this, he's had a hard time adjusting and trusting the people taking care of him. Because of that, I don't think he's doing a lot of what he developmentally can. What I know about my kid so far is that he's cautious; he's not willing to take risks unless he knows there are adults there that he can trust. 
2. I'm having to track him down every. single. day. This isn't cool. If I drop my kid off in one classroom, I expect to pick him up in that same classroom at the end of the day. I know that sometimes things change and there are emergencies, but this shouldn't be happening as often as it is.
3. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who is getting "moved up" from one classroom to another. For instance, of the two kids that were moved up to the toddler room, one of them is able to take a few steps, the other isn't walking at all. In fact, the best walker in the bunch is staying behind in the Infant B room with DS. 
4. It is not helping my child developmentally, at all, to be placed in a classroom of infants who are not past the bouncer stage yet. None of the kids in the Infant A room are anywhere close to being mobile. How is this going to help my child grow? As an educator, when I have kids who are not quite where I want them to be yet, I pair them with others who are so they can help pull that child up. 

Congratulations if you got to the end of this post. Currently, DH is at daycare having another conversation with the director. I'm beginning to think that we're just not cut out for daycare. We might be going back to our nanny and breaking the bank. 

View Full Size Image
BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

Re: Daycare vent...I'm so frustrated. (Very, very long)

• Drea926Drea926 member
    edited March 2014

Have you considered an in home daycare?

We adore our DCP. The lady that runs it has a background in education and as the kids get older, she runs her daycare as a preschool with a reading curriculum, and lessons/activites on colors, numbers, etc. It's her and her daughter as the assistant with 10 kids total ranging from infant to preschool.

It's such a warm, inviting environment and DS is absolutely thriving there.

An in home might be a happy medium between having the socialization of daycare, but the more individualized attention. It's also less costly!

Sorry you're having such a difficult time Mama! Hope things work out for you and Mr. H soon!

Edited - typo

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I SAH, but I know there are great daycares out there. If it were me, I would check into some others and get on a list or two before putting yourselves in a bad financial place that could cause other problems later. What you are describing does not sound normal so keep looking and maybe you will find a better fit. Good luck!

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Loading the player...
  • First off I'd be pissed too.

I think the lack of stability is not helping. My DS was very shy around new people and did not handle transition well until about 2. I would start looking in new daycares any another center will be a better fit.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• wifeofadamwifeofadam member
    edited March 2014
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

My opinion - What I would do is go back to in-home care.  If you made it happen financially for a year, I'm sure you can make it happen again if you readjust your budget a little.  I think this would alleviate all of your concerns......except the socialization thing.  But I don't think that should be a concern at age one.  Your sitter could take your son to the park a couple times a week to play with other kids and that is plenty of socialization for a toddler.  He'll get far more developmentally from one-on-one attention with an adult than from a room full of toddlers.

• ^ What Drea926 said about in home daycare.

The lady we send our DS to is a former nanny. She watches four kids total. My son, a three year old, a four year old and her own infant son. She works with them on colors, shapes, numbers, does story time, feeds them lunch, naps etc. We've been really happy with her.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • I totally get your frustration. However, I don't know that I am with the norm on TB since I don't think everything you mentioned is necessarily a big deal.

1. There is a lot of moving from room-to-room at my DCP, too. Most of the time they're doing this to stay within required ratio. In the first couple of months it's frustrating and can be confusing for the kids, but as long as he has the same few teachers the majority of the time, I don't think it's a huge deal.

2. Are all three classrooms pretty close together, in one hallway, or are you having to wander all around the building to find your DS? If you're having to run around the building to find him that's a no-go, but if all the classrooms are within close proximity, I wouldn't worry too much.

3. This would bother me. Why is the younger kid who is not mobile moving up, but your kid is staying behind with the teeny babies? No bueno. I would definitely bring this up to the director and try to get a clear, straight answer. They should have no problem explaining the policy to you, and if they do, that would be a problem.

4. I wouldn't worry too much about his development re: being amongst his peers at this stage. Yes, it might be good for him to be around kids more at his level, but I really don't think he's going to be harmed much by a day or two away from toddlers and in with the teenies.

Overall, I have had a lot of struggles with accepting certain things about daycare centers in general. I admit, I will not be truly satisfied unless I can SAH or get a nanny (neither of which are even remote possibilities), so it is what it is. It tooks DS a good 2 months to get into a groove at his daycare, and only recently has he started smiling and laughing when he sees me at pickup, vs. this sad little desperate-sounding fuss he used to do until I picked him up. It's a major adjustment, but I think he'll be just fine with a little more time.

But Drea's suggestion of an in-home is also something to consider. I have been thinking about this, as well :)

• I am sorry you are dealing with this. I had something similar happen-not where DS was bounced around but basically the floating teacher became his full time teacher without anyone letting me know, and I am not a fan of her. I am having him moved up to the toddler room on March 17th and the center has been awesome about accomodating this request. He also is not steady on his feet, but I made it clear that I want him in that room,s o they are making it happen. If you feel like you arent having luck with the director, then maybe its time to look for a new center.  I am sure there is another great one out there, you just need to find it. 
  • lrtrauth said:
    I totally get it. I sometimes wonder if I'm cut out to be a daycare mom. I know that my son's "teacher" (I hate using that term for someone who watches 1 year olds) takes care of him, but it feels like when I bring my requests or concerns to the table, she nods her head while thinking "yep, okay crazy ass".
    LMAO I feel the same way!

• I totally understand why you're upset. I agree with the others that you could look into an in-home provider as a good mix of low ratio and socialization. I am still great friends with my first in-home provider (she had a daughter 3 years older than me and we're basically "sisters" :) ). It can take some time and research to find a good in-home provider, but I think it can totally be worth it, especially if you can't afford a nanny anymore.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• wholenewworldwholenewworld member
    edited March 2014
    I'm going to disagree with PP and say I think that you are being a little irrational. This is really par for the course at daycare centers. They are required by law to maintain a ratio, and the census of kids fluctuates day to day and even throughout one day. They can't pay everyone to stay there all day when their census doesn't support it, just like at a restaurant when they cut servers when it's slow. As a result, some caregivers leave throughout the day and as a result, your child has to be moved to a different caregiver. At this point, our kids don't really understand playing with other kids anyway, so I don't think it's that big of a deal that he is with the infants sometimes. I would see much more of an issue if he was with kids that were much older and could hurt him. If you choose an in-home daycare, you would have to choose one that only takes certain age groups to avoid this anyway.

In terms of your son not feeling comfortable, give it time. He is getting used to the new environment, and would have to do it again if you moved him anyway.

I don't mean to be offensive, just trying to show a different perspective. Obviously if you don't feel right about leaving your son there, you have every right to pull him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had this exact same issue when did was a baby! I'm so sorry. It certainly doesn't sound like a good fit. You are so right that they aren't helping your soon developmentally by always holding him back! And if his "regular" teacher cannot commit to a full day, then she needs to be fired or at the very minimum, transitioned into a support only teacher so that the kids have a reliable stable environment.

Good luck! I hope that you can find a better solution! I HATE having to look all over a center to find my kids. :(
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I'm sorry you are going through this. You just want what is best and this makes you second guess everything.

What about a nanny share? Ours has by and large been great (minus my occasional working mom guilt moments), but it's definitely more affordable and our DS interacts with the other boy as much as he would a sibling if I stayed home. Maybe see if there is a listserve or craigslist section and you could post on there and stick with your current nanny.

• I'm on the fence a little but I do get where you are coming from. It's weird he's moving around that much especially since you're picking him up early. Our school sometimes combines classes at the end of the day but it's usually when the early start teachers go home...so probably 5 ish?

It's hard to say but if you don't feel right about the center now then I would explore other options. Perhaps things will improve in the meantime.

The teacher may also be the issue ...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It sounds to me like the day care is dealing with a "teacher" who is mostly unreliable. From what you wrote, this would be what I would find the most frustrating. Your son is not able to bond with her because she is never there. If she is always leaving early, then the rest of the "teachers" are trying to pick up her slack and are doing the best they can to make it work. I would try pushing for him to get more consistency in a room or at least with a certain person you think he would adhere to. If they can't make that work for him, especially given that you feel the stability would help him relax more and do more developmentally, then you may not need to move at all. Personally, I would see what adjustments they could make to accommodate you first, and if after two weeks you find no improvements, consider finding another day care or look into a home day care. And bring up the concerns about why you are transferring. Maybe another provider has a different system that works better for you. We have DS in a home day care and after our first fiasco, this second lady has been really amazing. She only has three other kids besides DS, and she sent DS home with his first finger painting the other day. Which made my heart melt.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry you are so frustrated. It doesn't seem like they are able to answer your questions and concerns properly which is making the whole situation worse. I hope your DH is able to clear some of this up. My LO just started daycare a month ago so we are still in that adjustment phase too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can see both ways.  Our center combines kids for drop off and pick up to keep the ratios going, but for the most part the kids are in the same room all day (except when DS was getting ready to move up, then he would sometime spend part of the day in the new room).

Before writing off day care, I would schedule a meeting with the director and voice your concerns.  Sit down with a list and go down the list, and see what they have to say.

I will say that daycare has overall been a positive experience for us.  We've had a few teachers that weren't my favorites, but we've had some great ones too.  I know they are always safe, well-fed, and have more than one adult around at any given time, which was a bonus for me.  It really is such a personal decision though.
    Mom to 3 year-old girl and 1 year-old boy
  • I'm going to disagree with PP and say I think that you are being a little irrational. This is really par for the course at daycare centers. They are required by law to maintain a ratio, and the census of kids fluctuates day to day and even throughout one day. They can't pay everyone to stay there all day when their census doesn't support it, just like at a restaurant when they cut servers when it's slow. As a result, some caregivers leave throughout the day and as a result, your child has to be moved to a different caregiver. At this point, our kids don't really understand playing with other kids anyway, so I don't think it's that big of a deal that he is with the infants sometimes. I would see much more of an issue if he was with kids that were much older and could hurt him. If you choose an in-home daycare, you would have to choose one that only takes certain age groups to avoid this anyway.

In terms of your son not feeling comfortable, give it time. He is getting used to the new environment, and would have to do it again if you moved him anyway.

I don't mean to be offensive, just trying to show a different perspective. Obviously if you don't feel right about leaving your son there, you have every right to pull him.
    I'm with you on this. I run a daycare and we do not do as much switching as it sounds like they are. But I do think you are being a little unreasonable. The reasons for moving children up are not always the ones you expect. They could think your child would do better staying where he is for a little bit longer. I think if you have a problem with your child moving classrooms a lot Daycare is not the place for you.

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• ByeByeBooze said: The best daycare advice I ever got was that the daycare works for you. If there's something you're unhappy about and want to change, tell them it needs to change. You might have to work together to find a solution and you might both need to compromise, but you are paying them ridiculous amounts of money and they need to give you great service in return. If it was me and I had your concerns, I would ask to move into the toddler room immediately. It sounds like there are more kids, so the room and teachers would be more consistent, plus it would put your DS in a more developmentally appropriate group. They should be able to accommodate you. Know though that he might come home with bumps and bruise from being knocked down (not meanly) and because, at least where my kid goes, the toddler room has a lot more stuff to bump into. If they won't move him right now, maybe you can come up with a transition plan - like when his Room B teacher isn't there, he always goes to the toddler room to help get used to it. Yes to the bolded- those are my thoughts exactly. With the exception of a few hundred dollars a month, I
    almost pay to work! All I really want is for my child to be safe, happy, and in consistent environment. I totally understand that sometimes things come up and due to the need to maintain ratios, kids are moved around. But when it happens every day, I get concerned- especially since as I mentioned before, I'm typically picking him up on the earlier side!

View Full Size Image

• Thank you all for your input and words of advice! I really appreciate it. DH ended up going to the center yesterday and having a conversation with the director. He voiced our concerns about DS being shuffled all over the place all day and ending up with the teeny tiny babies. The director promised to keep DS with his favorite teacher (the one who, ironically, is always having to leave early), and if he had to be moved elsewhere to consistently be moved to the toddler room. The director told us that DS will be moving up to the toddler room shortly. Honestly, to me that part isn't a big deal-- I just want him to more or less consistently be with kids who are at the same place developmentally as he is. If that is the Infant B room, then so be it. If it's the toddler room, that's fine as well. But there's no reason that he should be spending a substantial amount of time chillin' with the squishes. (Although I sure would like to-- they are so cute! Makes my ovaries tick.)

Anyhow, we are going to stick it out for a few more weeks and see if things improve. If they don't, then we'll consider another center or go back to our nanny. 

Lastly, I have one other comment that hopefully someone in the daycare industry can address: DS' favorite teacher is definitely a smoker. I'm sure she doesn't smoke on the grounds, and she truly is really good with DS, but I can tell just by being near her that she smells of ciggie smoke. This is sort of concerning to me, but then again, I could be totally wrong- this is clearly my first time doing all of this, y'all. Is this something that would be okay for those of you who work in daycare?

View Full Size Image

• The best daycare advice I ever got was that the daycare works for you. If there's something you're unhappy about and want to change, tell them it needs to change. You might have to work together to find a solution and you might both need to compromise, but you are paying them ridiculous amounts of money and they need to give you great service in return. If it was me and I had your concerns, I would ask to move into the toddler room immediately. It sounds like there are more kids, so the room and teachers would be more consistent, plus it would put your DS in a more developmentally appropriate group. They should be able to accommodate you. Know though that he might come home with bumps and bruise from being knocked down (not meanly) and because, at least where my kid goes, the toddler room has a lot more stuff to bump into. If they won't move him right now, maybe you can come up with a transition plan - like when his Room B teacher isn't there, he always goes to the toddler room to help get used to it.
    Agree with all of this!  I would definitely talk to the director about what the transition plan is for your DS and how there can be more consistency.

Also, sent you a PM! :)

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Thank you all for your input and words of advice! I really appreciate it. DH ended up going to the center yesterday and having a conversation with the director. He voiced our concerns about DS being shuffled all over the place all day and ending up with the teeny tiny babies. The director promised to keep DS with his favorite teacher (the one who, ironically, is always having to leave early), and if he had to be moved elsewhere to consistently be moved to the toddler room. The director told us that DS will be moving up to the toddler room shortly. Honestly, to me that part isn't a big deal-- I just want him to more or less consistently be with kids who are at the same place developmentally as he is. If that is the Infant B room, then so be it. If it's the toddler room, that's fine as well. But there's no reason that he should be spending a substantial amount of time chillin' with the squishes. (Although I sure would like to-- they are so cute! Makes my ovaries tick.)

Anyhow, we are going to stick it out for a few more weeks and see if things improve. If they don't, then we'll consider another center or go back to our nanny. 

Lastly, I have one other comment that hopefully someone in the daycare industry can address: DS' favorite teacher is definitely a smoker. I'm sure she doesn't smoke on the grounds, and she truly is really good with DS, but I can tell just by being near her that she smells of ciggie smoke. This is sort of concerning to me, but then again, I could be totally wrong- this is clearly my first time doing all of this, y'all. Is this something that would be okay for those of you who work in daycare?
    From the perspective of managing a childcare center. I would probably not hire someone that smelled of smoke. I would not want my child around the second hand smoke so I would not hire someone to be around other people's children smelling the smoke.

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• K3am said:
    DS' favorite teacher is definitely a smoker. I'm sure she doesn't smoke on the grounds, and she truly is really good with DS, but I can tell just by being near her that she smells of ciggie smoke. This is sort of concerning to me, but then again, I could be totally wrong- this is clearly my first time doing all of this, y'all. Is this something that would be okay for those of you who work in daycare?
    That's groady. (My valley girl is showing). I don't know the official policy, but I have never ONCE smelled smoke on any of the teachers at our center. And if I did, I would raise a concern to the director and request my kid not be in that teacher's class. Our DC doesn't even allow them to wear scented lotion since it could bother the children, I doubt someone smoking would fly.. 
    Yeah, no, I would not be cool with a cigarette-smoking/smelling DC teacher. I just wouldn't be comfortable with it at all.

• UPDATE-

I went to pick up DS at daycare early today, at about 2:45. Even after the conversation with DH yesterday, DS was in the Infant A room with the teeny tiny babes again. I'm so frustrated. 

I'm going to start doing research on in-home centers and we may have to get our nanny to come back and cover us for a few days. 

View Full Size Image

• UPDATE-

I went to pick up DS at daycare early today, at about 2:45. Even after the conversation with DH yesterday, DS was in the Infant A room with the teeny tiny babes again. I'm so frustrated. 

I'm going to start doing research on in-home centers and we may have to get our nanny to come back and cover us for a few days. 
    Please tell me that you b!tched at somebody! Your concerns didn't really bother me a whole lot, but the fact that they went against your wishes really does. I'd start looking for somewhere else.
    I agree, that is more than annoying. Seriously, the very next day....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How obnoxious! I hate being lied to.  

I feel that when DD was in daycare, I got to see two sides of the center.  I was the parent talking with the Director (who I might add, was 5 years YOUNGER than me, and didn't have children, or a childcare degree of any sorts, Marketing and management), but my mother was also one of the teachers at the center.  She was never actually DD's teacher.  That would have solved my problems.  At our first center-- which I will flat out say was an awful experience-- the director constantly lied to my face.  Even worse, when I started picking DD up with bleeding diaper rash from generic diapers when I provided my own and finger shaped bruises all along her legs, the Director told me I was full of crap.

Go with your gut.  Obviously the director is not following your wishes, or living up to her own word.  Both negative strikes in my book.  And along the ciggie smell? Um, not a chance.  The kids and I all have asthmatic reactions to cigarette smoke-- this is the main reason DH quit smoking.  Even the smell of old ciggie smoke makes me gasp for air.  I get that its each person's choice to smoke, and I don't belittle their choices outside of work time... but if that person is risking my child's health and ability to breathe, that's when the raging monster is going to rear its head. 

Good luck!!!!

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• TamaraR4 said:
    How obnoxious! I hate being lied to.  

I feel that when DD was in daycare, I got to see two sides of the center.  I was the parent talking with the Director (who I might add, was 5 years YOUNGER than me, and didn't have children, or a childcare degree of any sorts, Marketing and management), but my mother was also one of the teachers at the center.  She was never actually DD's teacher.  That would have solved my problems.  At our first center-- which I will flat out say was an awful experience-- the director constantly lied to my face.  Even worse, when I started picking DD up with bleeding diaper rash from generic diapers when I provided my own and finger shaped bruises all along her legs, the Director told me I was full of crap.

Go with your gut.  Obviously the director is not following your wishes, or living up to her own word.  Both negative strikes in my book.  And along the ciggie smell? Um, not a chance.  The kids and I all have asthmatic reactions to cigarette smoke-- this is the main reason DH quit smoking.  Even the smell of old ciggie smoke makes me gasp for air.  I get that its each person's choice to smoke, and I don't belittle their choices outside of work time... but if that person is risking my child's health and ability to breathe, that's when the raging monster is going to rear its head. 

Good luck!!!!
    WTF! This is similar to our first daycare experience-- not the bruises, but DS started passing bloody stools after a week of being in daycare when he had never had any sort of reaction to anything at all. He was 9 weeks old. 

Why the lying? It is ridiculous. 

And I should just say, @TamaraR4, that I <3 you. 

View Full Size Image

• We're starting to look at other places now. We had yet another conversation with the director of the center last night, but we are going to start looking for an in-home center. We also may contact our old nanny and see if she would be willing to come back for a reduced rate just to finish out the school year. We can't pay her as much as we once did, simply because we are buying a house and pinching our pennies until closing date. (Which, by the way, our loan was approved and we are set to close on our new home on March 28! Yayyy!) 

Once June rolls around, I'll be on summer vacay, so no need for childcare. We just have to get through the next few months. 

View Full Size Image

• @TamaraR4 - How are you not in jail right now?! That sounds like a really horrible experience! OMG. 

@TarheelMama202 - I'm glad you're searching fo a solution. It's really not cool that they clearly didn't GAF about your concerns. FX that your nanny will be willing to help out during the transition!

• @TamaraR4 - How are you not in jail right now?! That sounds like a really horrible experience! OMG. 

@TarheelMama202 - I'm glad you're searching fo a solution. It's really not cool that they clearly didn't GAF about your concerns. FX that your nanny will be willing to help out during the transition!
    My mom worked at the center so I had to leave "amicably" so they wouldn't take it out on her. Grrr.

Love you all!! I'm so excited to hear about your house!

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"