March 2014 Moms

Inner thigh pain?

Has anyone else experienced debilitating inner thigh pain/cramps? I am 37 weeks today with #2 and very recently (last week or so) started getting it intermittently. It's gotten so bad that I can't stand up straight when it hits. Then after a few minutes or after sitting down it tends to pass. I have a dr appt tomorrow morning so I plan to ask about it, of course. In the meantime I wondered if anyone else has experienced this? I never had this with my first and none of my friends have either.
IAmPregnant Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Inner thigh pain?

• Sorry, no experience with that in either of my pregnancies. :-/
  • That sounds awful, hope that stops!

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • Loading the player...
  • As part of my pelvic pain the PT attributed my inner thigh soreness to the muscles straining to hold the pelvis in place. Maybe that's what's going on? Mine wasn't as painful as it sounds like you've had, more like sore after a workout.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have had shooting pain randomly in the crease between my thigh and pelvic region (on the front, not the inside near my vag). I recently read that the baby can now slam into pelvic nerves which can send pains down your legs. I figured it was that. Good times
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • I've had something that sounds similar almost since the beginning. It started at nuisance level and is now at make-me-squeal every time I stand up, role over, or change positions level. I admit, I haven't asked my doctor about it; I sort of just assumed it went with the territory. I'll worry if it doesn't go away when I'm less the extra human I've been lugging around.
  • I have had the same issue. I never asked about it. I just attributed it to the same reason I get Charlie horses. Maybe low potassium that day, maybe haven't drank enough water..... At any rate I know exactly how painful it is and I also sympathize with the fact if being unable to stand up straight when it hits!
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I have had the same issue. I never asked about it. I just attributed it to the same reason I get Charlie horses. Maybe low potassium that day, maybe haven't drank enough water..... At any rate I know exactly how painful it is and I also sympathize with the fact if being unable to stand up straight when it hits!

Ditto. Sitting in discomfort with it as I type. Totally new for me too, never had it with the first two, but I feel like I'm making up for it now. Stretching helps, but doesn't solve. Good luck!
  • jfb29jfb29 member
    I've had some pain but nothing like you describe. Mine feels like I've done a marathon in snow shoes. I hope you start feeling better soon!!!

TTC #1 Since 7/2011

Me: 30, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 38, Low Morph & DE
    Rx: Metformin 500mg

Cycle #1: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #2: Clomid 150mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #3: Clomid 150mg + Follistim + Ovidrel = No response, Canceled

Cycle #4: Femara 7.5mg + Gonal-f + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP!!!!

~ EDD 03.26.14 ~

• Well although it's good to know that I'm not alone I'm sorry to hear that you are all in pain as well!! I kind of figured it was a nerve thing with baby so low and that there is nothing I can do but was secretly hoping that I was wrong! Was hoping yoga would help yesterday but it didn't unfortunately. I am most concerned that it's gonna hit me while I'm walking around at work...I'll have to try to have a "buddy" with me as I have to walk across factory floor etc. I mostly work with men who would likely freak out if they saw this happen. Fun times! 5 working days left! Phew!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes!
    I had stabbing and shooting ligament pain while pregnant. Doc said it was most likely her head settling into me so that when she moved her head at all it would send a pain that I felt in my ligaments. I hope that yours will be attributed to something easy like mine was.

I also hate to add this.... But now that I'm postpartum... I get the sensation of too-tight underwear in the same ligaments. Incredibly annoying but thankfully not painful.
  • I have had that too. It's debilitating! It will go away after I sit for a minute or two but when it comes it's horrible and I can't even take another step.

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• I know not of this but just wanted to wish you well and hope you find some relief soon

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • linzerd said:

I have had shooting pain randomly in the crease between my thigh and pelvic region (on the front, not the inside near my vag). I recently read that the baby can now slam into pelvic nerves which can send pains down your legs. I figured it was that. Good times

This, unfortunately. It's terrible. Hope you find some relief!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I get the same pains and just thought it was normal, so I've never brought it up to my doc.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• I've had this for the past couple weeks.  My midwife assured me that it's just things loosening to prepare for baby.  I had this in labor last time til I got the epidural too.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Dr recommended not wearing flats or going barefoot. Said that a slight heel in shoes and slippers helps put the weight into the heel rather than pelvic. Worth trying! Slippers on their way from amazon! ;)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Bonadl said:

Dr recommended not wearing flats or going barefoot. Said that a slight heel in shoes and slippers helps put the weight into the heel rather than pelvic. Worth trying! Slippers on their way from amazon! ;)

Oh man. All i wear are boots and flats...except when I'm going barefoot. what kind of slippers are those you're getting?
  • I just had it happen to me. I could barely walk and I just assumed it was a pinched nerve. Holy Cow did it hurt.
  • I'm not sure where your thigh pain is, but I've got this odd pain that runs from the front of my upper inner right thigh to around the back. It seems like it's just one of the ligaments up near my pelvis. doesn't bother me during the day for the most part, but at night it gets super sore. shifting around helps, and usually after walking around it subsides some. I think it's just all the weight and pressure.

hope you feel better!

• Um, I don't know if my pain is the same, but after my checkup today I've been super crampy, and I swear my thighs have been having the strangest cramps. They feel like period cramps in my thighs. They're not sharp shooting pains like everyone else, just the dull throb of a shedding uterine layer....in my thighs. Cause that makes SO much sense! ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Sorry y'all are having this too! I have it constantly. It's on both of my upper inner thighs and I can barely walk from it. Dr said it was from lo dropping two months ago and all the weight and pressure. I can't stand it anymore!

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • NanaCook said:

Um, I don't know if my pain is the same, but after my checkup today I've been super crampy, and I swear my thighs have been having the strangest cramps. They feel like period cramps in my thighs. They're not sharp shooting pains like everyone else, just the dull throb of a shedding uterine layer....in my thighs. Cause that makes SO much sense! ;)

I get this too but even during my period. The cramping radiates down my legs...it sucks. Advil usually helps but obviously that isn't an option for you. The pain I've been having lately is a more severe and sudden cramping. Either way -- not fun!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am 38 weeks and have the same thig in both joints/thighs. It's called PELVIC GIRDLE PAIN. It is actually from your pelvic spreading and the additional weight. Really birth is the only thing that will make it go away, unfortunately. My Dr. recommended warm baths, stretching/yoga, and cold/heat compresses to get some relief until I deliver.

I feel for all you who have it too...it's miserable! I think going from sitting to standing and putting on like underwear and pants (standing on one leg) is the worst!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I have random shooting pains down my inner thighs all the time. I just attribute it to the baby pushing in nerves as it moves lower in the pelvis!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"