July 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: Share Your First World Problem

13»

Re: GTKY: Share Your First World Problem

• Options
    JP27 said:
    The bakery doing my reveal cake told me I was having a boy over the phone. We were supposed to find out when we cut the cake.
    I would be so mad! And they didn't even apologize! My first world problem is there is a propane shortage in our area so we could only buy 100 gallons so now I can't turn on our fireplace since that is wasteful. It's the only thing that warms my chunky butt up :( DH says it's the fireplace or hot water so hot water wins I guess.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't find Bottlecaps candy anywhere and may be forced to go to Walmart. Shudder.
  • Options
    BoraBoraBabyBoraBoraBaby member
    edited March 2014
    Removed my comment because it totally belonged on random thread, not here. F.
  • Options
    I have lots of clothes to wash in my brand new washing machine!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    My kitchen is a mess, as well as the floors and dining room table after I hosted a highly successful going away party last night for a coworker. Also, I didn't go to sleep until 1am which is 4 hours later than normal. Then didn't get to sleep in today and spent the whole day shopping with my mom who was in from out of town so I didn't get the pregnant girl nap in that I promised myself when I had to get up early today.

Boo. Hoo. Hoo.
  • Options
    TKT17 said:
    I really wanted a cinnamon roll for breakfast this morning. But not just any cinnamon roll, the ones that McDonald's use to have like 10 years ago that were massive and soft and warm and perfect. That of course no one else has ever been able to copy and I could in no way have one this morning for breakfast lol
    All I want is those terrible grocery store cinnamon rolls that came premade in the flat paper packages, usually sold near the loaves of bread. They don't exist anymore and I could just die!
    Have you ladies not discovered IKEA cinnamon rolls?  They are delish.
    You know what annoys me about IKEA? They only offer Vanilla Soft Serve. WTF? Vanilla fro yo is like the absence of flavor. 

image image
  • Options
    tealowl said:

I just bought my first brand new mattress and $50 sheets. The frame and box spring make it sit so high, it makes my bedroom look smaller.

You can get a smaller box spring. They have ones that are half the height and they will usually switch them out for you, at no cost if I remember correctly. One of ours was so high we couldn't climb in the bed! We have regular size ones now so our frame must be lower this time around.
  • Options
    kwh33ls said:
    DH promised me sex, so I shaved my legs. Now he's napping (and snoring) and I almost want him to go get me five guys more than sex. Sigh.
    totally read this as "go get me five more guys for sex" you dirty bird.
    With the weird pregnancy dreams I'm having, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility :P

• Options

My husband is far too good looking for his own good.

The women at his work offered to throw him a baby shower and my paranoid pregnant self thinks it's because they are all kissing his ass. 'Cus he is such a babe.

So much ditto. SO is a total hottie and I'm not so much the jealous type, but some days he looks so good I'm all like, "Damn, boyfriend, are you sure I get to have all of that?!" Some days I honestly get really down because I feel like such a frump compared to him. I have a hot boyfriend. What a crappy hand to be dealt, right? 

So feel this way too! Especially as it seems the more pregnant I get the more in shape he gets. Before I got pregnant I used to wonder how the heck he's getting hotter as he gets older, and I'm just getting... older. He told me it was in my head but that's also because he's awesome. Now that I'm pregnant I'm crossing fingers I'll be at where I was at before!! Except this morning he told me I'm cute pregnant and maybe he should keep me pregnant all the time so the hormones eventually normalize. Haha. Um, no.
  • Options
    This thread is making me laugh this morning. Love it! Now I'm off to my prenatal yoga class I have to be early for because too many show up and take all the blocks and bolsters if I'm on time ;)
  • Options
    jessa8907 said:

TKT17 said:

@Bliss+Berry Unfortunately no, we don't have an Ikea in St. Louis, we're getting one next year though!

What really?!? I thought KC was getting one?

KC IS getting one... Right down the street from me! I've never been to IKEA and don't know anything about it but it's supposed to open this fall and I'm a little excited about it. However, I'm not the type to pounce on a place when it first opens so it may be a good six months or so before I even shop there. Let the crowds thin out at least a little.
  • Options

TKT17 said:

emw8910 said:

I really wanted a cinnamon roll for breakfast this morning. But not just any cinnamon roll, the ones that McDonald's use to have like 10 years ago that were massive and soft and warm and perfect. That of course no one else has ever been able to copy and I could in no way have one this morning for breakfast lol

All I want is those terrible grocery store cinnamon rolls that came premade in the flat paper packages, usually sold near the loaves of bread. They don't exist anymore and I could just die!

Have you ladies not discovered IKEA cinnamon rolls?  They are delish.

That's why I go to ikea

• Options
    New problem...accidentally bought fruit at the bottom Greek yogurt instead of normal yogurt. Disgusting.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    I paid a kajillion airline miles to get a first class plane ticket, and now my return trip got cancelled due to weather and I'm going to have to fly coach back.  Even though I always normally fly coach, I feel so put out! 

• Options
    My boss opened a second company last year and had me doing a lot of work on it. At the beginning of this year he put me on the new company's payroll which doesn't have direct deposit. I am terrible at depositing checks and usually do mobile deposit. Well, this check has my "year end" bonus in it so it's too large to deposit using the mobile app. I tried to go the bank yesterday but they closed a half hour before I got there. I have no clue when this check is going to get in the bank.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There is a disproportionate amount of cherry airheads in the bag in just bought. Fuck cherry.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Neither DH or I have ever had messages. We're going to Florida in a month for a week and originally he was the one to say lets get couples messages!

I was so excited but now he's not sure if he wants to get one (he's really ticklish)... so I might have to get a massage on our Vacation solo :((
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    clk723 said:

My boss opened a second company last year and had me doing a lot of work on it. At the beginning of this year he put me on the new company's payroll which doesn't have direct deposit. I am terrible at depositing checks and usually do mobile deposit. Well, this check has my "year end" bonus in it so it's too large to deposit using the mobile app. I tried to go the bank yesterday but they closed a half hour before I got there. I have no clue when this check is going to get in the bank.

A lot of banks still have a night drop box or drive thru ATMs with check deposit options. I don't live anywhere near my bank so I can always call them and they will mail me prepaid envelopes to mail in my deposits if need be. Good luck!
  • Options
    With DS2 expected in mid-July it does not make a lot of sense for us to put our boat in the water this summer.  We are in New England and the sailing season is very short up here.  We keep our boat on a mooring in Newport, which is 90 minutes from our house and almost two hours from where I will be delivering. I just can't imagine spending the weekend on it in late June or early July. Schlepping all that gear 9 months pregnant?  Not fun.  And the logistics of getting down there for a weekend with a newborn just blows my mind. Not to mention (tho, I'm about to), climbing up onto the sidedeck from the harbor launch will probably rip out my c-section stitches. So, now I have to figure out if we can even leave our mooring empty for a season without losing our rights to it, or if I'm going to have to register our dinghy to leave it on the mooring for the season as a placeholder. The waiting list for a town mooring is currently 20 years long (DH's mom deeded her rights to DH) and we can't risk losing it - it is the most valuable thing we own.  Total first world problem. 
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ichabody said:
    TKT17 said:
    @Bliss+Berry Unfortunately no, we don't have an Ikea in St. Louis, we're getting one next year though!
    What really?!? I thought KC was getting one?
    KC IS getting one... Right down the street from me! I've never been to IKEA and don't know anything about it but it's supposed to open this fall and I'm a little excited about it. However, I'm not the type to pounce on a place when it first opens so it may be a good six months or so before I even shop there. Let the crowds thin out at least a little.
    The crowds never thin out at Ikea.  The only time to go there is like a weekday morning.  Then eat lunch there and get some cinnamon rolls.  It is awesome.  
    My favorite time to go to Ikea is late afternoon/early evening on a weekday.  I like to drive over before rush hour, grab dinner, then do my shopping.  By the time I hit the showroom floor the place is practically empty.
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All this talk about Ikea makes me want to shop at Ikea and the closest one is in Atlanta 4.5 hours away. Boo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a work function to go to tonight so I am not going to be able to get started on The Husband's Secret. Ugh.
    hi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"