Two Under 2
Options

Helping toddler adjust after c/s

I just got home with baby 2 on Wednesday night after my RCS on Monday. My 17mo old is beside herself excited about her little brother, but really having a hard time with me not being able to hold her (or do much of anything yet). Any tips for this part of the transition? She is a squirmy little thing and won't sit still to sit next to me on the couch, so we've had almost zero snuggles and it's taking a toll on both of us.
photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Helping toddler adjust after c/s

• Options
    I held my 17 month old....I think I got thru three days before I gave in...I felt it was impossible to not pick him up.  You can hold her on your lap or sit with her just try not to bend while holding her but in my experience it was virtually impossible.  My husband wasn't always home for bed time so who was going to lift him into his crib?  I just did it.  my recovery was a lot longer probably because of having a toddler who had just learned to walk I might add so there was no time to rest.  GL!
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Had my RCS on 12/20 and held my 13 mo old on Christmas. I couldn't wait any longer. He kept grabbing my legs when I would walk around so I couldn't hold out any longer. And I felt fine. No extra pain or anything from lifting him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You ladies are making this very tempting! DD is 30lbs at 17mo and my OB (who is a good friend) has implored me to wait the full 6wks before picking her up because she's so big. I'm sure I'll cave before then, but I'm trying to wait as long as I can. She is SQUIRMY so I haven't been able to even hold her in my lap yet for fear of her kicking my incision area. This is so incredibly hard!! Tomorrow will be 1wk post-surgery and I'm hoping that within a few more days I'll be back to doing everything else "normal" so maybe the lifting won't be as big of a deal. I can't wait until I can get back on the floor and play with her!!
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I held my 17 month probably at 4 days after my csection. 10 days after I was alone with both kids so I had to pick her up. She only weighed 20lb though.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"