November 2014 Moms

Feeling like AF is on the way?

Good morning ladies,

I am freaking out and trying to figure out whether to call my doctor. I woke up and had some super-light brown-tinted CM on the TP this morning. I don't have cramping, but I have that dull feeling in my ute that I get when my period is close. I had a dream last night (damn those vivid dreams!) that I miscarried, and it's got me completely freaked out. I also had a m/c in June, so I'm trying to stay focused on the fact that 80% of pregnancies make it...

Anyone else out there experiencing this?? I am 4w2d today.

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

Re: Feeling like AF is on the way?

• I agree with what @jpinky9 said. Spotting is normal as long as it's light brown. If it gets worse I would call your doctor. I felt like AF was coming for a long time when I was pregnant with my daughter. The crampy feeling didn't go away until almost 8 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you check your cervix? So long as your cervix is closed you should be fine. Sorry if that's weird.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ME (26) DH (32) Diagnosis- unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss
    BFP #1 7/12- MC 8w.3d
    BFP #2 10/12- CP 
    BFP #3 1/13 - CP
    BFP #4 8/13- MC 6w3d
    IUI #1 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel 1/13-BFN
    IUI #2 2/14 100MG Clomid/Ovidrel- BFP! grow baby grow

• I'm feeling the same way. I've felt like AF is just around the corner on and off for a few hours every day for the past 2 weeks or so. I've read in a bunch of places that this is totally normal, but I agree that it is super stressful! Hope you start feeling better soon :)
  • Thanks, ladies. I went to the bathroom and ate some breakfast. That seemed to help. And the spotting seems to have stopped. 

I really appreciate your replies. Man, this can be nerve-wracking!

• Gosh, I thought I was alone in this. I've felt like I'll wake up one morning and SURPRISE! AF will have arrived. It definitely makes me anxious and fearful for this pregnancy.
    Pregnancy #1 - 2009, lost at 5.5 weeks
    Pregnancy #2 - 2011, healthy baby boy
    Pregnancy #3 - 2014, blighted ovum, lost at 10 weeks
    Pregnancy #4 - 2015, due 8/8/15
  • Sorry you are stressed and worried... I think a lot of women have this feeling. I do as well. Like the other women said spotting is normal but never the less scary. I hope that you get some peace this weekend and relaxation.
    Wife to K 07/31/2009, Mommy to L 08/26/2010 and received his angel wings on 04/12/2011, our precious RAINBOW baby B 12/23/2011 and due with another miracle June 2015!  

BFP #3 12/28/2012 c/p 12/31/2012

BFP #4  2/21/2014 m/c  3/9/2014

BFP #5  9/21/2014 due date 6/4/2014

"Peace is a gift from God, but we prepare ourselves to receive this gift as we pray about everything, cultivate gratitude, and refuse to surrender to worry." - Nancy Guthrie 

• Sorry if this is TMI, but I have been having pink and brown spotting and cramping for the last three days, I was told that as long as it isn't bright red or a lot of it it was normal.
  • I've already had two miscarriage dreams too. I do have dull cramps once in a while, but no spotting. I have read that brown spotting is completely normal though. Sending positive thoughts your way

TTC #1 Since January 2013 - BFP 2/20/14 - EDD 11/2/14
    Surprise it's twins!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pregnancy really messes with your mind! I also worry when my cramps go away lol!
  • Spotting is always scary, but I had episodes of brown/light pink spotting at 6, 9, and 12 weeks with my DS, and he's a happy, healthy 13 month old! It definitely can be normal!
  • Ugh....YoUre Not Alone. I've Been CrAmping ToO. And I Had A Miscarriage Dream LaSt Night So Needless To Say I've Been Extra Anxious Today. But This Is All Normal. Hope You Can Relax This Weekend!
  • This is exactly how I've been feeling!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • on42on42 member
    Jpinky9 said:

Pregnancy really messes with your mind! I also worry when my cramps go away lol!

Me too! Haha

• I've spent a good amount of today reading about early pregnancy miscarriages and I think I successfully freaked myself out. I'm going to hold off telling our families for another few weeks. Not sure when I should go for a blood test though, maybe next week.
  • @DVGirl do you have a history of loss? If not I doubt your doctor will have you come in for beta monitoring. They'll just tell you to calm down.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ME (26) DH (32) Diagnosis- unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss
    BFP #1 7/12- MC 8w.3d
    BFP #2 10/12- CP 
    BFP #3 1/13 - CP
    BFP #4 8/13- MC 6w3d
    IUI #1 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel 1/13-BFN
    IUI #2 2/14 100MG Clomid/Ovidrel- BFP! grow baby grow

• Ok, so my craziness has kicked in! I am able to give sound advice that cramping is normal as long as it's not sever and is without bleeding and here I am freaking out!! I have cramping this morning, a little worse than it has been but not as bad as AF cramps. No spotting, but because of my loss in October I am freaking myself out! I have an appt to get my betas back this morning that I had drawn from last week and will do another round today and I am so scared!!!

I hope everyone is feeling well!!!
  • Thanks @ebwhit,

Finding this forum is already helping! So far I have only seen my BFP on HPTs. When I met with my Dr to plan for pregnancy he said I should come in for a blood test after getting a positive on an HPT. I assumed from the posts that's when they'll do the lab work on hormone levels, but I guess I'm wrong. I don't know if I should go in right away or wait until next week. We're snowed in today anyway. So maybe I'll go Wednesday.

Good luck to all the ladies with their tests!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"