March 2014 Moms

B-Fest Monday

Y'all are slackin'! I thought this would be up by now.

Lets here it, what's got your feathers ruffled?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   

Re: B-Fest Monday

• Loading the player...
  • It's state sales tax audit prep day at work. I'll be in meeting with accountants all day prepping the game plan for tomorrow's audit.

ALL after my 36w checkup this morning and cervix check. Pants-less operations always make me nervous. They'll probably spring the GBS test on me too. FX I've got a vagina of steel and none of these procedures make me feel sh*tty today.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my first big girl contractions last night... Owwwwie!! My due date is not for another 26 days, so this better not be a nightly thing unless it turns into something real. Being awake is bad enough, being awake to breathe through the pain at 2:30 am, 3:30 am and 4:30 am is just awful. Yay Monday...

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • I have an effing cold. As if I couldn't be more uncomfortable, let's throw this in the mix.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • F you blood pressure! I've been sent to L&D twice now, with threats to induce me, and they keep sending me home with everything coming back "normal". If I get sent again this morning to be monitored just to get sent home again, I'm going to be so pissed! Just induce me already or at least write me a note and tell me I can't go to work anymore so I don't make myself sick. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • The one day my boss lets us out of work due to weather and I have no power. Have to stay in the living room where this gas fireplace is, no tv, no internet, nothing. Shit, I'd rather be at work. :(
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• DH....I just don't know how much more this huge prego lady can handle of his laziness. I was in L&D yesterday morning and then puking and in bed all day. When I was finally able to get up and out of our room I saw that our house was a disaster...He didn't put together the organizational cube for baby's closet like he was supposed to. I asked him to get me a bendy straw (couldn't sit up without puking) and he said we didn't have any...found a whole brand new pack of them this morning that we had just bought. Dishes and shit all over...I'm just over him. I understand we all need days to relax, but he played video games ALL day, did nothing to help me while I was sick. I just hope he's better once baby is home...
  • Everything dotgirl said! I'm another DC lady who is over the snow. Plus it's totally messing with my maternity leave. If we have to make these days up at the end if the year I'm going to be pissed.

I'm already trying to patch together child care for 2 extra weeks because this little lady decided to make her appearance 2 weeks early and daycare doesn't have a spot for her until next school year. This snow day stuff if making it even harder to get all of the days covered.
  • Its Monday... I'm still working.. I'm jealous of all the outside precious babies. I just want to meet my little girl !! AND lets add the swelling is intense, I've resorted to sweats to my office job IDGAF!!

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Friggen 2nd night and day of cramps and contractions. They need to quit already I still have a while to go. I am cranky and in pain. All my doctor wants to do is a cervical check since they want to induce next week and I am saying no way. I have a strict no penetration rule when it comes to cervical checks! I am miserable :((
  • @novelblessings I agree! Either I have pre-e symptoms and normal bp or high bp and no other symptoms. I go back in this morning after being in L&D yesterday...I think I'm going to tell them one more time-just induce me. Next day my dr is on call she is inducing me anyways, so what's the few days...I'm so over this. I want baby to be healthy of course, but they've told me so many times that baby will be safer out than in with all of my issues...
  • I was awake all night because poor DH couldn't sleep or get comfortable. This got no sympathy from me which lead to him getting pissy and thrashing his body around like a 2yr old in bed.

Then we wake up this morning and he repeatedly asks for sex and tells me how it'll help the baby come and how he thinks the baby will be coming tomorrow and we need to kick start things and blah, blah, blah. Do you really think I want to have sex after how you acted last night and just in general with being THIS pregnant (39wks 1day)!!!! He's now currently pouting in bed. F. U. Buddy! Ugh
  • I am on my first day of maternity leave and I couldn't even sleep in! Stupid contractions keeping me up! And I have to go to Costco today and stock up my freezer for when the baby comes. I don't want to go out side in -35 I am just over it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  •  

clo1982 said:

@snow527 I was thinking of doing the same with calling off and am glad I didn't since we obviously didn't get anywhere near what they said.

So my complaint today is that I'm still pregnant. I have no clothes that fit me and am sitting in the office with a sweater that looks like it belongs to my little sister and leaves at least 2-3 inches of the maternity panel on my pants that are exposed. I look really great. My 'huge' clothes...you know the maternity ones that you look at and say 'there is just no way in the world I'll ever be  big enough to fit into these' are now so tight that they leave indentations in my belly.

DH is trying to be super supportive and keeps giving me these positive messages about how great I'm doing and how I'm almost there. I'm tired of all this positivity. I'm miserable and just want to feel bad for myself!

This. And, I'm plus size to begin with. It's not cool and I feel bad for the people who got to look at my extra 5"... I'm less than 2 weeks out co-workers are going to have to cope. Oh, and don't tell me I'm waddling. My ever expanding hips and crotch bone remind me every moment I stand up. Thanks.
    Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

• I'm working from home today and had it all planned out that I'd lay around all day in my pjs, watch tv, and get minimal work done. DH just texted me telling me he forgot something he needs for work and asked if I can "swing by" and drop it off. No, I can't "swing by" because I'm not leaving the house. Sorry.

Me: Endo, PCOS, septated uterus (mostly removed)

DH: perfect

Started TTC in June 2011

Baby boy born 3/17/2014

• On my 1st full day on mat leave my oldest DD wakes me at 6 with a nosebleed. I go into her room thinking I'd need to change the pillow case. Nope, it's all in the wash right now. Even the comforter. I feel bad for her, but sheesh kid, could you confine it to the pillow next time?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• jwls84 said:

I am on my first day of maternity leave and I couldn't even sleep in! Stupid contractions keeping me up! And I have to go to Costco today and stock up my freezer for when the baby comes. I don't want to go out side in -35 I am just over it!

This also! I need to get groceries but it's so cold out and I don't feel like walking around that much and loading and unloading. I'm just done, with everything
  • My students performed at a hockey game this weekend during one of the intermissions.  I thought the day went well.  The only hitch was that the hockey organization messed up and told both groups singing at intermission to sing the same song.  Well, what they neglected to tell me, so that I could prep my ELEMENTARY school students, was the the other group was a special needs school.  So we're downstairs just after sound check and were about to fix something when they start singing the same song, and they sound awful.  I hadn't seen the group yet.  The kids were screaming.  Shouting.  Of course, my kids react.  I didn't see pointing or laughing but they did react.  I looked over at the group and it took a moment, because the kids looked completely normal.  I looked again, and realized that there were a couple of kids in the back that were much taller.  I turned to one of the parents (two PTA moms were with me) and asked, "Do you think that's a special needs school?"  She realized it, and said, "Probably."  I quieted the kids down immediately, and reminded them to be respectful.

Well, apparently, I didn't do enough.  Because a parent from the other school emailed the superintendent, claiming my kids were pointing and laughing and that the adults in charge were laughing (we weren't) and now my principal is upset and I'm somehow taking the flack for an event that I was not ASKED to do, I was TOLD to do.  On a Saturday.  The principal and I are speaking to the kids tomorrow and we are writing a letter of apology to the other school that all the kids will sign.  Did the kids react inappropriately?  Yes.  Is it ever ok to make fun of others?  No.  But are they kids?  Yes.  Should we have been told ahead of time?  YES.  I feel ambushed.  And I am NOT ok with this.

What a way to start a Monday.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So damn tired of working. 14 more work days left.
  • I'm pissed because I felt better when I was awake between 4-7 then I do now that I'm up for the day at 9. Wth?? And DH just let me know he's on late tonight at the hospital so he won't be home until bedtime.

BUT... My parents are coming up tomorrow and that makes me not so crabby! :)
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • Mamajen08 said:

jwls84 said:

I am on my first day of maternity leave and I couldn't even sleep in! Stupid contractions keeping me up! And I have to go to Costco today and stock up my freezer for when the baby comes. I don't want to go out side in -35 I am just over it!

This also! I need to get groceries but it's so cold out and I don't feel like walking around that much and loading and unloading. I'm just done, with everything
    I don't wanna get out of my flannel pajama pants with owls all over them. They are so comfy but I just can't go shopping in them! So I probably won't go! But i really want muffins and am missing a few ingredients, ugh!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • They need to provide "sanity leave" for teachers at least a week before they are due. I am 39 weeks pregnant and these kids are making me INSANE. I have zero patience and 4.5 days to go.
    image image
  • we had a birthday dinner over at my moms for myself last night, as we do for all family members. Although, since its texas no one came (there was some ice on the ground). Also, my mom bought me a gift that was too much, and something I probably won't use much. I am getting to the point where I really wish people would stop buying me presents. I am picky I guess and I rarely end up using the things they get and just feel badly that they sit around not being used. Its such a waste of money. I just don't need things so much anymore and am trying to be much less consumer driven. Blegh. I feel really ungrateful, but I am not. I swear.

Also, LO decided to start moving down this weekend so I was dealing with incredible cramping and gas pains all night last night. Barely able to stand. Today I just want to sleep, but now I have heartburn again and work people driving me nuts... I get it, last few weeks are grump central for me apparently.
  • @clo1982 - congrats to your DH! That's got to be a relief and a cause for celebration :)

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"