September 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone else feel like you can't function?!

I've been nauseous all day from 7 weeks until now (12 weeks) and although I am beyond happy that my baby is thriving and doing well I am so ready for the sickness to end! My house is a mess, my kids watch too much T.V. and my husband is doing everything (bless his soul). I keep fantasizing about all the things I'll do when my energy comes back and I feel normal again. :) Thanks for letting me vent! Anyone else feeling like this? 

Re: Anyone else feel like you can't function?!

• Options
    Exactly like this. And this week I was out alllll week from work with a throat infection (probably all the vomiting) & simultaneously upper respiratory infection. I get out of breathe going to pee or adjust in bed. I am normally super active..... :/
  • Options
    tulapinktulapink member
    edited February 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like I'm in survival mode. I know there are people who have it worse than me, but I've never felt this sick before so it's totally knocked me on my butt. You're at 12 weeks so hopefully you're about done with the m/s.

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• Options
    I've gotten better but I had a  2 week period where I couldn't function at all - and it sucked because I had client meetings :( Try sitting for a 4 hour meeting in a suit that no longer fits while fighting the urge to pee and crazy fatigue LOL
    --------------
    PCOS , incompetent cervix, gestational diabetes, IVF graduate, with one ovary!
    1 angel baby due to a 20 week M/C thanks to IC
    1 ovary due to a benign tumor that crushed my ovary
    About 6 years of pointlessly POAS
    Proud mommy of a 2.5 year old  girl
    Currently pregnant with baby #2 surprise BFP -  Team Blue until proven otherwise

• Options
    Yes. Right now I'm supposed to be at the grocery store but I just.... No.
    image"funny">imageimage
    Mom of Boys!!

Baby #1 - 3 years old
    Baby #2 - Born 10/1/14

• Options
    Right there with you! I feel like I can't do anything! I have no energy!!!!! :( I hear it gets better in the 2nd trimester, hang in there! :)
  • Options
    Yesss. Although the last two weeks I have finally...finally had glimmers of more energy and less nausea. A day here or there. But you never know when you'll wake up and feel like death! Crazy how making a life feels that way... I am hoping I'm on the upswing to feeling better, FX for you, too!
  • Options
    I have no desire to do anything. I've been tolerating clutter because it's not urgent that it gets cleaned up.  I work and that's about it.  DH already did most of the cooking, so thankfully that's not an added strain on him.  Laundry gets washed and dried...but not put away.  I couldn't imagine having a child already and feeling like this.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel for you. I've been sick from black mold, UTI, respiratory infection, horrible bosses who don't understand why you can't work when your puking and nothing is staying down. Your body just wants to rest and catch up. We're having twins so I fully understand. Stay positive and maybe have a relaxing bath if you can. My husband will make me one after I've had a very bad day at work.
  • Options
    I'm not motivated at all to do work or housework! Today I'm supposed to be working to catch up at work and haven't started :( so tired abd not motivated! It's like I forgot how to be focused and not be lazy?!
  • Options
    This baby is kicking my butt. I had a migraine today and couldn't stop throwing up. I'm so ready to feel normal and I'm kind of mad I lost my whole Saturday! I was going to do things!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel your pain! Horrible headache for 2 days now. Super lightheaded. Nauseated. Zero energy. Thankfully DH had been amazingly understanding and really pitching in around the house this weekend. Oh let's not forget the spontaneous sobbing. I feel like a crazy person!
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Misery loves company I guess. Hopefully we will all be feeling better soon!!!
  • Options
    I have only had periodic nausea but severe constipation. I have felt lousy overall and very unmotivated. At first I was sleeping through the night soundly.. Now I'm back to tossing all night and having crazy dreams. Having a hard time dragging myself to work each day too. Ugh, I hope I will feel more like myself in trimester 2
  • Options
    Oh, yes!  I'm there.  I haven't cooked dinner in 5 weeks.  I know my husband is sick of going out to eat or fending for himself, but I just can't do it right now.  So ready to be able to function again in the kitchen.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• Options
    YES YES YES.  I have fortunately been over my nausea, but there's other stuff... one morning I didn't eat breakfast and I had to do a presentation for work, which I've done a million times (I was actually an instructor so I'm pretty confident with public speaking).  Anyway, I got up there and I felt my blood pressure drop and I started shaking and my voice shook and I could hardly get anything out.  Someone had to take over for me.  I went and ate and felt so much better, but everyone thought I was nervous when actually I was just feeling like I was going to pass out.  I will never skip breakfast again.  It was so humiliating.
    Baby Zoey arrives Sep 14 2014!

• Options
    YES! And the last two weeks it has gotten worse. Now I am actually getting sick most days before work and my energy level is right around 0. Not to mention the increase in migraines, dizziness, and fatigue. The crazy emotions have apparently also started in the last few days...I started sobbing when DH said I was pretty today because I felt so gross and bloated. That being said, DH has been absolutely wonderful doing 90% of the housework, getting up with me early (my day starts 2 hours before his) to help me get ready for work, and cooking. I feel guilty and just want to get back to being able to pull my weight around here. 

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Options
    oh my gosh YES! i was bed bound from week 4 to week 8 so my dr. put me on zofran. it didnt help so then she put me on a prenatal supplement you take in the a.m. and it started to relieve the all day sickness. im in week ten now and even though i still cant smell anything without getting woozy i can function and actually leave the house. whereas before it was beyond crackers and gingerale. so reassuring to hear of other women in the same boat. hang in there ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"