April 2014 Moms
Options

Switched to midwives!

This whole pregnancy I've felt like I've had to read tons of books and do tons of research in order to do battle with the medical professionals.  I was frustrated that the ob/gyns were dismissive and never mentioned what would happen at the next appointment.  I felt out of the loop for my own pregnancy, which just isn't right.  I decided to switch to the midwives, which are still part of the group of ob/gyns that I was seeing.  The midwife that I saw was fantastic!  She told me all about what to expect at the next appointment, the birth experience, and how to avoid drugs and epidurals.  I now feel totally relaxed and happy about my choice!  

Re: Switched to midwives!

• Options
    I'm so glad you made the change and feel good about it!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! Glad you like her :) We have nothing but praise for our midwives, they're truly incredible. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I heart the midwives I've seen too! Good for you for standing up for your right to good care!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm totally using a midwife next time. I really have no reason to switch at this point because I actually really like my doctor but after hearing all the praise you ladies have been giving midwives I'm pretty set on going that route from the beginning with my next pregnancy.
    YCSWU
  • Options
    My midwives pissede off with my miscarriage last time so I went exclusively with the dr this time. Now I'm looking for more of thf midwife style so I'm torn. Do you find their knowledge level just as high? Maybe I just had a bad mw last time?
  • Options
    For a normal low risk pregnancy, yes I find their knowledge level just as high, maybe higher. Once you start talking complications that can change, which is why you risk out of mw care at some point.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"