Late Term and Child Loss

Rememberance Box

Hi ladies,

I had the idea of putting a couple little boxes together for friends or family who may suffer a loss in the future, and was wondering what sort of items you might think to include to remember your little ones?  Some of my ideas were a little teddy bear to cuddle, a journal, a card with some encouraging words, quotes, scripture, etc., maybe a CD with some of the songs we have talked about on here, possibly a little bracelet, although I know jewelry is a personal preference, but maybe, and then a pretty box that could be a keepsake box to keep all of their angel's items in.  Any other thoughts?  Has anyone done something similar?  Thanks for sharing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.

Re: Rememberance Box

• This is such a great idea.  The hospital I had the boys in gave us memory boxes for both of them, and I'm so glad because I wasn't prepared to have the boys (not at 22.5 weeks) and this gave us something tangible to take home with us that also belonged to Conner and Benjamin.  

The things that were included in the box were their footprints on cards, their hospital bracelets, etc. The best thing that was given to us though were their little baby hats that they wore as soon as they were delivered.  The nurses picked out blankets for us to take home as well - something to hold onto when I feel the need to hold them.  There was information about support groups in there that helped us.  I think the best thing that has been helping me through this loss has been reading, and maybe a list of books that can helps (self-help, memoirs of people going through the same thing, etc.)  would help.  You can message me if you want for a long list of books that I have read that helped me navigate through this whole process.  If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.  
  • @ikrystal will you go aheah and post your list? I'm interested and others may be also!

imageimage
    DD born on 11/10/2007
    TTC Sept-Nov 2012
    BFP on 10/25/2012 CP 11/1/2012
    Back on BCP
    BFP on 10/13/2013 EDD June 26, 2014 
    Little Girl went to Heaven on January 26, 2014 @ 18 weeks
    TTCAL March 2014-Present
    BFP on 6/20/2014 Blighted Ovum
    BFP on 8/31/2014 It's a GIRL!  EDD May 18, 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • @ikrystal will you go aheah and post your list? I'm interested and others may be also!
    @schoolpsychsteph I will! I was actually getting ready to post the list on a separate thread so that we could all add to it. I will probably do so later tonight or tomorrow. 
  • Great idea! The hospital I was at have me one that a group makes for women in our situation.
    It had the clothes they put on ER for photos (items that were crocheted and knit) and a baby blanket as well. It had her hospital band, a poem, her footprints, and the measuring tape they used to measure her with her measurements and weight on it. It was in a beautiful box and I am so glad that there is a group of people who does that. It meant a lot to me to be able to have something of hers and to remind me of her when I left the hospital.
    I thank you for all the woman who will one day receive the memory box you want to make.
  • Ticker warning

We didn't get a box, but we got a few keepsake items to take home.  One of my favorite things was a little heartshaped "bulb" I guess you would call it....it was flat and shaped into a heart, you plant it and flowers grow but I cannot remember specifically what kind.  We've yet to plant it because we're hoping to make a bigger, permanent garden for her this summer and we'll plant it there. 

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• **ticker**

The hospital gave us a keepsake box with Adeline's footprints, an outfit they dressed her in to take pictures, a blanket, her hospital bracelets, a card with her weight and measurements, the tape they measured her with, a small teddy bear and a couple of pamphlets on loss.

It was really sweet. We had our own outfit that they took pictures of her in as well, but we were touched that they had something in case we didn't.

I love the idea of bulbs or flowers to plant and a mold kit for footprints.

My life, my love, my boys
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS: Liam born 8.30.10 at 35 wks (PPROM, Pre-E, C-Section)

DD: BFP 6.9.13, EDD 2.12.14, A/S 9.20.13... It's a Girl!

Adeline Leigh born sleeping 2.11.14 at 39 wks 6 days

How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts. - Dorothy Ferguson

• I received a box from Hope Mommies when a co-worker found out about my loss when I returned.  I think they typically try to give them to mamas while they are still in the hospital. It was more geared towards the mom which was kind of good for me at that point. It had some prayer books, a pretty candle, shower gel and lotion, journal, cozy socks, lip balm, etc.  We received a memory box from the hospital with a small little outfit for the baby, booties and a hat. papers for footprints/handprints and a sweet little stuffed bear.  Both were very nice for different points in my loss.  Here's the website for Hope Mommies if anyone wants to learn more...  https://hopemommies.org/

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• I don't have anything to add but I just want to say that this is a wonderful idea! We received a memory box from our hospital- it was a mix of items for us (candle, CD, teddy bear) and keepsakes from our son (footprints, hospital bracelets, blankets) and I am so thankful that we have it.
  • Thank you everyone for sharing all your memory items!  I love the idea of adding some bulbs that can be planted in remembrance, and I appreciate you all sharing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"