Parenting
Options

@MrsCodeMonkey--did you hear back?

Did you get an response to your offer?  I'm living vicariously through you ;-)

Re: @MrsCodeMonkey--did you hear back?

• Options
    MrsCodeMonkeyMrsCodeMonkey member
    edited March 2014
    Haha! Yes, we did. They didn't drop much, so we countered again. We're playing hardball because our buyer took us to the cleaners and we might not have enough money for closing without dipping into savings. I really hope they accept our counter. Our only other option is to buy a nicer house on a main road with a bigger yard in the back. We're afraid our dog might get run over (he escapes a lot when we have visitors), so I hope it won't come to that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    Well, good luck!  I hope they accept your counter offer.  Our dog used to be an escape artist, too.  I know how scary that is!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Please send all the good vibes and booze this way! My stomach is in complete agony. We need to line up a house so we won't be homeless. Or living with ILs, which might be worse.

• Options
    That's awesome!!!

• Options
    @Whenigrowup, I forgot, do you have a house on the market too?

• Options
    No, we are renting and just started the hunt.  We don't want to close until May/June, but we are looking now because that's coming fast.  We found our first disappointment (house we really liked that had just gotten an offer) last week.  
  • Options
    We're closing at the end of April, so yeah, definitely look now. It's sad when a good one gets away from you. We lost one in a near bidding war. They wanted list for us to be considered because they had an offer from a first time buyer. We had to back away because list would have left us too house poor.

You have a big advantage as a first time buyer. Sellers love you because they can get a quick closing. Just stay strong and try not to get attached to a house. Easier said than done. I think of the ones that got away from time to time.

Good luck with the hunt and if you ever want advice or someone to listen, feel free to pm. It's a stressful, but exciting time.

• Options
    We aren't first time buyers. We had a house that we sold before we moved. We rented in the new city to be sure we ended up where we wanted to be. The house we had in the old town was a bad choice for a lot of reasons. We are trying to be much more particular this time around, but it's hard when they are going so fast! I feel like we are playing musical chairs and the temptation is just to grab one!
  • Options

We aren't first time buyers. We had a house that we sold before we moved. We rented in the new city to be sure we ended up where we wanted to be. The house we had in the old town was a bad choice for a lot of reasons. We are trying to be much more particular this time around, but it's hard when they are going so fast! I feel like we are playing musical chairs and the temptation is just to grab one!

I can understand that. The right one(s) will come along. I also think that you could be happy in more than one house. I don't believe in the whole destiny thing.

Seeing as you don't have a house to sell should still give you an advantage.

• Options
    Congrats @MrsCodeMonkey !! I am thrilled for you guys! This was our first week on the market and we had several showings. It totally sucks and is hard with the kids (today we ended up driving around aimlessly because we got home and people were still inside the house looking). Totally sucks. Your updates are giving me hope :-)! Enjoy your champagne tonight!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We were going to go see a house today, but they requested 24 hours notice before...umm, we had a two year old and once cleared out of the way with 15 minutes warning.  I guess it's the different housing market.  It wasn't as fast there, and here most houses (that are reasonable) get an offer within a week or so.
  • Options
    MrsCodeMonkeyMrsCodeMonkey member
    edited March 2014
    Bump burp

• Options

We were going to go see a house today, but they requested 24 hours notice before...umm, we had a two year old and once cleared out of the way with 15 minutes warning.  I guess it's the different housing market.  It wasn't as fast there, and here most houses (that are reasonable) get an offer within a week or so.

We lost 2 houses before we got this one. The place we're moving to also is a fast market. One house sold in 2 days and we couldn't even see it. The one we're buying was on the market 5 days. Don't get discouraged. Just watch the listings like a hawk and ask for tours as soon as it gets on the market.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"