VBAC
Options

Is a vbac possible?

My first pregnancy resulted in a csec due to, according to my dr, a narrow pelvis. I stopped progressing at 9.5cm and I think lo was upside down (face down). They told me there was no way lo would fit through and I'd be putting both our lives in danger by trying.
I really want to avoid a csec with this lo. I'm looking at other dr options as well as a midwife. I was wondering if there was anyone with a similar story have a successful vbac. tia
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

BFP#1 DS 1/19/12  BFP#2 EDD 6/11/14 MC 10/9/12 BFP#3 EDD 10/3/14

Re: Is a vbac possible?

• Options
    Don't have a similar experience, but I would def get another OB.  I've seen many, many stories of big babies/small pelvis/sunny side up.  Just find a super supportive midwife/ob and a doula.  I would def give VBAC a try!
    Good luck!  
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    Thank you. Yeah I've got a midwife I'm meeting with but she can't deliver in a hospital and there are no birth centers in my area. She's got a doc she recommended and works closely with so I think I'll be going with him and have the midwife (who also works at a Montrice) in the room with me at the hospital for extra support.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand you want a second opinion but I am personally surprised that in your condition, you want to risk your life and your baby in giving birth outside of an hospital. Doula's and midwives can't do c-sections. If you have the same pb again you will be in serious problems. You are the one responsible for your life and you baby's. Ask your doctor for a pelvis X-ray? That will confirm if it's narrow or not.

I had an unplanned emergency c-section and I have full confidence in my OB. If he says I need a CS, I will go for the CS. I was so scared to lose my baby the first time. I will not take any risks with this one. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I understand you want a second opinion but I am personally surprised that in your condition, you want to risk your life and your baby in giving birth outside of an hospital. Doula's and midwives can't do c-sections. If you have the same pb again you will be in serious problems. You are the one responsible for your life and you baby's. Ask your doctor for a pelvis X-ray? That will confirm if it's narrow or not.

I had an unplanned emergency c-section and I have full confidence in my OB. If he says I need a CS, I will go for the CS. I was so scared to lose my baby the first time. I will not take any risks with this one. 
    Really?  Is that necessary.  First of all, she didn't say she was planning on giving birth outside of a hospital.  She said she was thinking of going with an OB since she the midwife doesn't do hospital births.  The midwife would act as a montrice/doula for the OP in the hospital.  Additionally, VBACs are considered to be safe and are in fact safer for mothers than a RCS.  Stop with the scare tacts.

OP, I think that sounds like a great idea.  Midwife-recommended OBs are usually very supportive of VBACs and having the additional support would be great.  My first was very similar to yours and I would be happy to have a supportive team like the one you described if/when I ever VBAC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Please don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed with anyone's scare tactics! Every birth is different and like PP true cephalopelvic disproportion cases are few and far between! Good luck to you!
  • Options
    My two sisters and I all had CS with our first babies, all for failure to descend. My oldest sister (who opted for a RCS for her other kids) had her OB tell her that all of us suffered from CPD, and that we had small pelvises. My other sister and I both went on to have successful VBACs with babies the same size or bigger as our first ones (my VBAC baby was 10.5 lbs). Get a second opinion!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

1. Pelvic Xrays are bullshit, and predict nothing
    2. MWs practice in hospitals, too
    3. One RCS and a first VBAC carry about the same risks (tho they're different risks)
    4. Nothing like trolling a VBAC board...

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    Thanks ladies for the support. I live too far from a hospital that does deliveries so a home birth option is out. I'm definitely factoring in a possible rcs, which is why I am goin to see an ob. I've heard good things about this hospital that the ob works out of so I think having the midwife there as my doula as well as a supportive ob, my chances of a successful vbac is high. My mother has a tilted Ute and she delivered three kids vaginally totally fine. My sister is really small, smaller than me and she delivered a 10lb baby at 43 weeks. I believe because the hospital I was at cared more about their protocol than me, I was scared into a csection and wanting to get me out of there as quickly as possible. I trusted them and they lied in my medical records that it was all my idea. 
    alexandrineblanc, but if them scaring me into having a csection was really for the well being of me and my baby, why lie and say I consented to pitocin when I didn't and that I was "adamant" about not wanting to continue with a vaginal birth? 
    I'm planning for both possibilities. I just hope the hospital staff is as supportive as the ob is supposed to be. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"