March 2014 Moms

Cerclage Momma's

I have a question for anyone on here that's had a cerclage. I have my cerclage removed tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I know everyone is different, but if you had a cerclage how long after it was removed did you go into labor? Was it painful? And did you feel cramps afterwards?
I'd like to make it at least another week before labor starts! Thanks in advance for your answers!

Re: Cerclage Momma's

• I had mine removed this past Tuesday and no labor for me yet.  My doctor is pretty confident that I will make it to my induction date on the 18th (I'm insulin dependent so induction it is) or at least pretty close to it.  I was very nervous for my removal as well, and like you said everyone is different, but mine went very smoothly.  The speculum insertion was not fun, but only a little more painful/uncomfortable than they ever are. 

Once it was in I felt a tug and then she said, it's out!  She swabbed my cervix to see if there was any blood which there was not (never bled or spotted in the days afterward) but I'm pretty sure some spotting is normal as well.  She took the speculum out, used her fingers to check dilation (I was fingertip dilated) and that was it.  I had zero cramping afterward and really none during that I can recall.  The whole thing took one minute or less.

I did sweat a lot because I was so nervous and I was very happy MH was there so I could squeeze his hand during the discomfort, but overall it was way way way better than I ever could have hoped.  I am 37 weeks 3 days today.

Good luck, I hope it goes just as smoothly for you and you make it at least a week like you hope.  And congrats on making it to removal day!
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Thank you for your answer, I've done a lot of reading about it and everyone's story is different it just feels good hearing from another March momma! I will be 37 weeks 2 days, I'm hoping to make it till at least 38 weeks!
    Glad everything went well for you, hope your induction goes smoothly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"