November 2012 Moms
Options

CP: fried cheese curds?

GargitaGargita member
edited February 2014 in November 2012 Moms
I'm drinking alone in a bar. Help me out.

image   My chart 

CP: fried cheese curds? 32 votes

Yes
50% 16 votes
No
3% 1 vote
WTF is a cheese curd?
40% 13 votes
SS
6% 2 votes

Re: CP: fried cheese curds?

• Options
    Wish I could join you !
  • Options
    I was staring longingly at some dude's half-eaten basket, as it was getting thrown away.  It was a low point.

image   My chart 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds gross. But I'm drinking alone at home. Sunflower seeds are working for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have to know if you ordered some. I really want to try some but I don't think any where in Austin makes them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    pobrecita said:
    How does fried cheese sound gross???????????????????????????
    Ha ha. Not to answer for her, but I'm going to answer for her. The word "curd" does sound gross to me too and I'm weird and don't care for cheese unless it's completely melted (think queso). I don't know what they are though. When I see curd I think of curdled milk. Yack. I'm sure they are delicious for cheese lovers though.

• Options
    AmberEA14 said:
    pobrecita said:
    Ha ha. Not to answer for her, but I'm going to answer for her. The word "curd" does sound gross to me too and I'm weird and don't care for cheese unless it's completely melted (think queso). I don't know what they are though. When I see curd I think of curdled milk. Yack. I'm sure they are delicious for cheese lovers though.
    I just watched a program on how they are made last week. It is basically chunks of cheddar before it has been formed into the block/wheel. Like the early stage of cheese making. Supposedly it tastes more like mozzarella. And when it's fried I guess it becomes a little bit melty, stringy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Trust, they are totally delicious. When they are fresh, they squeak when eaten. And @persephonerose, I must find a way to mail you some.

image   My chart 

• Options
    AmberEA14 said:
    pobrecita said:
    I just watched a program on how they are made last week. It is basically chunks of cheddar before it has been formed into the block/wheel. Like the early stage of cheese making. Supposedly it tastes more like mozzarella. And when it's fried I guess it becomes a little bit melty, stringy.
    Well, pretty much anything fried is good and if it's melted-ish, I could be down with that. Thanks for educating me on them (like seriously, not sarcasm). I wonder if they make them in GA?

• Options
    Gargita said:
    Trust, they are totally delicious. When they are fresh, they squeak when eaten. And @persephonerose, I must find a way to mail you some.

Argh... I can't stand squeaky food.  I can't eat squah or zucchini because of the squeakiness!

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm not a fan of cheese curds and some of it has to do with the squeakiness :). The curds are basically what's left over after they block and age the cheddar. It's new cheese essentially :). It's un aged so it has more of a mozzarella taste and I only like that melted :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @chickie79 deal. Someone on Parenting today mentioned a cronut (donut croissant) so I'm on the lookout for those around here too. 

• Options
    Gargita said:

Argh... I can't stand squeaky food.  I can't eat squah or zucchini because of the squeakiness!

This is so funny... To each their own I guess
  • Options
    I grew up with 2 cheese factories less than 10 minutes from our house. We would get fresh cheese curd nearly every week.

However, I have never had it fried. Not sure what I'd think of that.

Also, because its fresh, young cheese, it causes me migraines now. So I don't eat it. I might have one if someone else bought it, but even THAT would be living dangerously for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"