December 2013 Moms

Recovering Lurker

Hey, Bumpies,

I have planning writing an intro since I started lurking forever ago...but I kept chickening out. You guys seems like Bump celebrities to me, and I started to get intimidated. Plus I didn't think I'd be around that long. I'm still here, so I figured I may as well start actively contributing.  I promise to search before posting for advice. I won't be too sensitive or too judgmental.

I'm a FTM from Southern California (I live in the IE). I'm a first grade teacher, and I will be returning to work the first week of April. Pre-baby I used to sew and crochet. Post baby I enjoy Netflix and naps.

I was induced on December 11 and on December 12 I gave birth to the sweetest baby girl.

We love our Moby wrap, Rock N' Play, and lots and lots of rice cereal. J/k on the rice cereal ;) I'm pro-baby leggings, or at least I think I will be once my LO's legs get long enough.

That's a bit about me, so when you see my name by a comment, you can be assured that it's not "stranger danger."

Re: Recovering Lurker

• Wow! Big names are replying!

@Cashingn2 I have never really followed a message board/ I wasn't sure if I had much to contribute. And, for some reason, I thought I would be done with the Bump when my baby was born - but really that's just the beginning.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! 

I was raised and lived in Corona until just a few years ago. I live in Denver now but all our family is still there. (for now lol)

Netflix and naps are my friends too! 

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• Hi! I'm a recovering lurker too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm finishing up One Tree Hill, but I think they should have quit before 9 seasons. I loved the first few seasons.

I'm also into Parenthood, Greys Anatomy, and Switched at Birth. Occasionally I like some Toddlers and Tiaras. My sister has been recommending The Bourgias, but I haven't started it yet.
  • Parenthood started again last night YAY!!! I'm not ashamed to admit I watched the entire season on mat leave...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm finishing up One Tree Hill, but I think they should have quit before 9 seasons. I loved the first few seasons.

I'm also into Parenthood, Greys Anatomy, and Switched at Birth. Occasionally I like some Toddlers and Tiaras. My sister has been recommending The Bourgias, but I haven't started it yet.

Love switched at birth! I only got to see the first season, but it's one if my faves!

By the way, Welcome!
  • Welcome back! I loveeee Parenthood, it's the best ever!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • It's a terrible show, but pretty entertaining. Not to mention the educational value - I'm learning about what kind of parent I don't want to be.
  • Welcome! We just started devouring house of cards. Have you started that on Netflix?
  • Welcome! I love me some Netflix and On Demand. I watch way too much tv.
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• @Kelamz We watched part of the first episode but I couldn't hear it over a fussing baby. We'll have to give it another try.
  • Welcome!!!
  • Welcome!

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • I think everyone else covered all the good stuff. Welcome!
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Welcome! Glad you decided to join us :)

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
  • Hey, Bumpies,

I have planning writing an intro since I started lurking forever ago...but I kept chickening out. You guys seems like Bump celebrities to me, and I started to get intimidated. Plus I didn't think I'd be around that long. I'm still here, so I figured I may as well start actively contributing.  I promise to search before posting for advice. I won't be too sensitive or too judgmental.

I'm a FTM from Southern California (I live in the IE). I'm a first grade teacher, and I will be returning to work the first week of April. Pre-baby I used to sew and crochet. Post baby I enjoy Netflix and naps.

I was induced on December 11 and on December 12 I gave birth to the sweetest baby girl.

We love our Moby wrap, Rock N' Play, and lots and lots of rice cereal. J/k on the rice cereal ;) I'm pro-baby leggings, or at least I think I will be once my LO's legs get long enough.

That's a bit about me, so when you see my name by a comment, you can be assured that it's not "stranger danger."

I like your intro. Welcome.

• mh89mh89 member
    edited March 2014
    Cashingn2 said:

I'm finishing up One Tree Hill, but I think they should have quit before 9 seasons. I loved the first few seasons. I'm also into Parenthood, Greys Anatomy, and Switched at Birth. Occasionally I like some Toddlers and Tiaras. My sister has been recommending The Bourgias, but I haven't started it yet.

tumblr_m5ozek5NMp1qcwic6

Not really, though, because I don't care what people watch lol.

Chillpr is that you???
    Haven't seen her much lately, maybe she wanted a do over? lol. Kidding, OP....but, if anyone can find out, Heaven can.

---------
    I've been lazy lurking lately too so I must have missed this. What happened to chillpr?

Welcome op btw! :)
    image image

• Welcome! I am mostly a lurker too but I am slowly starting to post here and there :)
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Hey! Welcome! Nice intro :-)
  • ROFL Netflix and naps and "stranger danger" =)) congrats and welcome!!

• mh89 said:

Cashingn2 said:

I'm finishing up One Tree Hill, but I think they should have quit before 9 seasons. I loved the first few seasons. I'm also into Parenthood, Greys Anatomy, and Switched at Birth. Occasionally I like some Toddlers and Tiaras. My sister has been recommending The Bourgias, but I haven't started it yet.

tumblr_m5ozek5NMp1qcwic6

Not really, though, because I don't care what people watch lol.

Chillpr is that you???
    Haven't seen her much lately, maybe she wanted a do over? lol. Kidding, OP....but, if anyone can find out, Heaven can.

---------
    I've been lazy lurking lately too so I must have missed this. What happened to chillpr?

Welcome op btw! :)

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12272291/infant-baby-pageants#latest
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

@hercules03 Go Hawks!
  • I'm late to this welcome party and searched for an appropriate gif, but the ones that came up had me wondering if my judgement was a bit off this late at night. So all I got is hi and welcome!
  • I'm late to this welcome party and searched for an appropriate gif, but the ones that came up had me wondering if my judgement was a bit off this late at night. So all I got is hi and welcome!

Haha now I'm curious!
  • Welcome! I definitely didn't think I'd be here this long, but I just can't leave! Glad you're no longer in hiding.
  • Hey fellow newbie poster! I love your intro (mine was a disaster! Haha). Esp the celebrity part, i feel the same way ☺️ :\">

Haha now I'm curious!
    Well, this is the first one I wanted to make work. Because a creepy giraffe totally says hi and welcome, right?

• osajia said:

It's the weekend and I'm totally MIA from TB on the weekends because I live in the sticks. Creepy country folk.

Welcome OP! Congrats on your little girl. We got 2 more inches of snow last night. Go take a walk outside for me, will ya?

I don't know. It's supposed to be kinda chilly today. It's only like 68 outside right now. ;) j/k This walk's for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"