Attachment Parenting
Options

Babywearing advice needed!

I love love love my k'tan and have been using it daily, however now that my LO is 4 months and 11 lbs, I can see that it may not last much longer. We also have a beco Gemini which I have been using on our longer walks, but my LO gets too hot in it (it has been in the 80s this "winter") and I don't think it will work for summer.

I have done so much research my head is spinning and I am not sure which direction to go - woven, a different ssc, the "sport" k'tan? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

PS I am trying to find a local meetup as well, but not even sure what to ask to try!

Thank you!

Re: Babywearing advice needed!

• Options
    If you can go to a meet up, there is typically a demo of the different carrier types and the opportunity to try stuff on to see what you like - it's really the way to go!

I have a list in my siggy link of pros and cons of different carrier types.  There's really no BEST carrier - just what you think would work for you!  Do you think you would prefer to stick with an SSC?
  • Options
    I loved my K'Tan and used it until my DD was about 18 pounds. It was awesome for keep her snugly and quiet while shopping. I then switched to using the Ergo with her on my back which also been excellent with her stage of development. It's also an easy way to carry the weight. Good luck finding something that works well for you both!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jmcgra06jmcgra06 member
    edited March 2014
    We also liked the baby k'tan and started using the ergo right around that time. She still likes it at 8 months and DH likes the ergo as well. I have a sweaty babe, so the wraps always seemed like an investment that might not work out well for us. (kind of like the $150 stroller that we *thought* we would use "all the time"...)
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The ktan is great for itty bitties, but I wouldn't invest in another one at this point. You're going to use it less and less. I like my ring sling because it's only one layer, but it also only uses one shoulder. A woven can be a great option in heat, too!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    And, unfortunately, baby wearing in the summer is just always kind of hot! Score one for the ring sling, it's easy in and out so you can take a lot of breaks :)
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I am not completely sold on the ssc as they seem more of a cumbersome thing, but I can see that a wrap would be warm too! I have been eyeballing the bamboo wraps but I do worry about the cost/use factor. I will expand my search for a meetup and see what we can figure out. ;)
  • Options
    I bought 5.5 yds of light cotton fabric and have used that as a wrap since DS was small, once the summer really hit last year. Babywearing is hotter than not baby wearing no matter what kind of carrier you use, but this wrap is definitely bearable. 

• Options
    I still use my K'Tan (it's the half mesh one) as a sling which LO sits on my hip and loves since he can see everything and then use an Ergo for everything else (walking, hiking, shopping). I love how adjustable it is so he can nurse in it without much adjustment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"