Stay at Home Moms

So I just vacuumed inside of my oven

I think I am officially nesting.  DH woke up laughing saying he didn't think I even knew where the vacuum was.  
But I started cleaning the stove top because it was looking yucky...opened the scary oven and went to town.  Scrubbed the door and glass window.  Then I saw all the crumbs at the bottom and decided to grab the vacuum. 
I feel better now.  The baby can come ;)

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/

Re: So I just vacuumed inside of my oven

• yeah, I will set it to clean once a year and then vacuum the insides out
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • vlagrl29 said:

yeah, I will set it to clean once a year and then vacuum the insides out

The self clean feature terrifies me. It's sooooo hot! But oven cleaners are soooo strong smelling and I feel like my food would be poisonous for weeks. So my oven is dirty.

• Loading the player...
  • joirish said:
    The self clean feature terrifies me. It's sooooo hot! But oven cleaners are soooo strong smelling and I feel like my food would be poisonous for weeks. So my oven is dirty.
    Ditto.  I won't use the clean feature.  I did once and it started a fire in there.  Literally had to call the fire dept because I was 8 months preg with DD and I didn't know what the hell to do.  Never again.  Now I will scrape the bottom and vacuum once a year haha.  

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/
  • joirish said:
    I scrub it with a vinegar/baking soda combo....  well, when I clean it, ya know.
  • I also vacuum the crumbs out of the cracks on the side of our glass top, like around the edges. I'm waaaay too lazy to get them out any other way.
  • Oh man, I love the self-clean feature - I won't buy an oven without it. Sure, I've had a little fire in there before, but it always just burns up and turns to ash, then it's so easy to just wipe up afterwards.
  • MomIn2013 said:
    Oh man, I love the self-clean feature - I won't buy an oven without it. Sure, I've had a little fire in there before, but it always just burns up and turns to ash, then it's so easy to just wipe up afterwards.
    This is me as well.  It's never started a fire with me and I can't believe how clean it gets afterwards.
  • I heard that the fumes created by the self cleaning feature are known to kill pet birds! I haven't looked into whether this is true or not, but it definitely scared me from trying that feature (even though we don't have birds.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I clean the oven once a year, whether it needs it or not.....j/k ;) It is definitely my least favorite chore. And the self-cleaning feature scares me too.
  • Linnea503 said:
    I heard that the fumes created by the self cleaning feature are known to kill pet birds! I haven't looked into whether this is true or not, but it definitely scared me from trying that feature (even though we don't have birds.)
    Not true , we have 2 parakeets in the dining room which is connected to the kitchen.  
  • I think it had to do with older ovens that had a teflon coating on the inside - when it was heated to self-clean it gave off fumes. Also, birds' respiratory systems are much more sensitive than humans'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"