September 2013 Moms
Options

Sassy teething mesh thing ROCKS

I am probably late to the game w this item but DS doesn't like teethers, washcloths etc. Sophie does the trick somewhat but my pediatrician recommended the mesh teethers that you can put fruit in. DS is in heaven with cold cantaloupe. (I asked what was ok and LO has been having fruit and veggies for a month now) He chews and chews and gets the flavor and nutrients while he is at it. Just thought id share for other mamas who have trouble getting LO to use anything for their poor gums

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Sassy teething mesh thing ROCKS

• Options
    I am going to have to pick one up today. DS doesn't like tethers either. I haven't fed him any good yet, but I guess I could make BM ice cubes or just out an ice cube in it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has anyone tried the boon silicone feeders? I've heard the mesh can be a PITA to clean, but I've never used it myself.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I received these as a gift at my baby shower and I just broke them out a couple of days ago.

I tried to give him some frozen banana in one the other morning but he was distracted playing with daddy.

I think he's going to really like them because he LOVES chewing on stuff.
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• Options
    Can I get a link to this? I've never heard of it!
    https://www.toysrus.com/buy/rattles-teethers/teething-feeder-girl-342-2738035

thanks for the reminder ladies, going to try this out this weekend!
  • Options
    JamieWM said:

@happybride276 good luck!

Thank you Jamie! I am still trying to figure what I am putting in it, but I bought one. That's he first step, right?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    We tried ours for the first time this week using frozen breastmilk.  It gets messy as it melts, but LO loved it. 

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
  • Options
    They can be a PITA to clean, but they are amazing. I always clean them immediately after using, as that seems to make it easier to clean. 

• Options
    jnetx said:
    I take it apart and pop it in the dishwasher basket on the top rack. Is this a bad idea?
    No we do this too.

Does anyone else have a problem with their LO keeping the mesh part in their mouth? E just rips it out and then gets frustrated. He never really took to a pacifier so maybe he's just not used to figuring out how to put things other than his hands in his mouth?
  • Options
    I just used mine for the first time today. I put a chunk of banana in it and after that got mashed up I swithced to ice cubes, she loved it. The cold apple is a great idea, I will try that tomorrow.

• Options
    Sorry if this is dumb, I'm just wondering how others are doing this? Do you try the food first during a feeding or do you count this as trying the food for food sensitivities? I have these but so far DS has only had oatmeal and avocado. (But not together). ;)
  • Options
    @Salemkitty13
    I don't worry about sensitivities. I've never waited 3 days between any foods. (Per the BLW book, if you don't have a family history of them, it's not really necessary.)

Last night, for example S. had homemade mac 'n cheese and broccoli muffins and some other stuff. I put what we are eating on his tray and he play with it.

If you are worried about sensitivities, having a food for the first time is having it for the first time, whether or not it's in a feeder. 

I don't clean mine in the dishwasher solely because we don't run our dishwasher that often. 
  • Options
    barnwife said:
    @Salemkitty13
    I don't worry about sensitivities. I've never waited 3 days between any foods. (Per the BLW book, if you don't have a family history of them, it's not really necessary.)

Last night, for example S. had homemade mac 'n cheese and broccoli muffins and some other stuff. I put what we are eating on his tray and he play with it.

If you are worried about sensitivities, having a food for the first time is having it for the first time, whether or not it's in a feeder. 

I don't clean mine in the dishwasher solely because we don't run our dishwasher that often. 
    DS has some sensitivities to things I eat (dairy, soy, nuts, etc) so I'm weary if food in general. I wasn't sure if they got enough food from the feeder to count as exposure. It sounds like they do.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    I just bought one today at babies r us. LO is currently chowing down on some cold apple chunks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"