March 2014 Moms
Options

HDBD Took On A Whole New Meaning *PIP*

Sorry I missed posting my weekly photo yesterday but I was busy having a baby!!!

Our little surfer Maverick Michael was born on 2/26/2014 @ 6:56 AM. He weighed in at 8 pounds 2 ounces & is 19 1/2 inches long.

Loooonnnnggggg Labor & Birth Story:

Labor was short & got intense quick. I was wakened about 2:30 AM with some minor back pain & what felt like I needed to pass a bowel movement. Well I tried but was unsuccessful so I tried to go back to sleep. I just couldn't find a comfortable enough position & finally about 3:30 I got up a 2nd time with the urge to well, poop! This time I was successful & had some relief so I layed back down once again. About 4 I got up with another urge but no beans. I did have a lot of tinged pink discharge which could only mean one thing, labor was looming! I hopped in the shower hoping that would ease the uncomfortableness of the contractions that we're becoming stronger each time. The shower seemed to help & after I decided to wake DH up to let him in on the happenings. Once he realized that I wasn't joking he got up & we started gathering things to eventually head to the hospital. Out of nowhere the contractions took on a whole new evil meaning & my uncomfortableness morphed into full blown discomfort. I decided on a 2nd shower since the first seemed to sooth me & ease the tension in my back. However the contractions were right on top of one another & I knew there wasn't going to be any relief. I managed to muster up the strength to get out & basically crawled into our bedroom. Trying my best to keep my calm I managed through gritted teeth to explain that we needed to get to the hospital FAST! Thank God we only live 5 minutes away but those were the longest 5 minutes of my life!! I was doubled over in pain from the contractions by the time we walked into L&D & the admitting process felt like torture. They got me into a triage room pretty quick & began monitoring my contractions. The nurses didn't seem alarmed by my severe discomfort which made me second guess whether I was just being a big baby. Once they noticed how close together my contractions were they called the midwife in to check me. Imagine all of our surprise when she says "You're at 8." Excuse me?! No wonder I felt like my internal organs were trying to bum rush my vagina!! Everything was pretty much a blur after that. The pain was near blinding, my body went into panic-mode, & DH was trying his best to keep me calm with breathing techniques. The pain was getting worse by the second & I recall being basically ran through the halls to a birthing room. Once there I begged for any sort of pain medication to take the edge off. They had to put an IV in before any medication including an epi could be administered. To make matters worse I had to have 200 cc of saline flush through before meds as well. While impatiently waiting I had the longest contraction of my life. I'm pretty sure the other laboring women didn't appreciate me yelling but at that point I didn't care. I was in pain & didn't know how else to channel it. Immediately after the worlds longest contraction my water broke like a flash flood & I had an instant & involuntary urge to push. I began hollering to the only other person in the room besides me & DH that I needed to push because he was coming. The poor lone nurse in the room began hollering down the hall for the midwife to come quick! The midwife showed up halfway through my first push. She managed to get halfway dressed through my 2nd push. She then told me that my 3rd push baby had to come because his heart rate dropped. The contraction started & I pushed for my life. I pushed so hard I thought I was going to flip inside out! I not only managed to stay right-side in but I also delivered a healthy baby boy! I felt instant relief the moment I heard him cry. They placed him right on my chest & it was one of the most precious moments of my life.

From start to finish I labored for about 4.5 hours. I got to the hospital at 6:15AM &!LO was born by 6:56 AM. I pushed for a total of 7 minutes & had zero tearing, yay! I feel great & LO is a champ. We all are in love with him & are just basking in the new family glow.

Re: HDBD Took On A Whole New Meaning *PIP*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"