May 2013 Moms

Hospital Bill Vent

Sorry I just have to vent...

Why are we STILL getting bills from the hospital for the delivery of our Baby Girl?!? Recently they sent us an adjusted bill and then yesterday I received another 3, yes 3, adjusted bills! I'm going to call them today because I'm sooooo confused, it's been 9 months and we paid everything they sent over after her birth and now all these adjustments for way more money. I can't!

Vent over

Re: Hospital Bill Vent

• I wanted to murder the stupid billing person when I was at the hospital. The day after I had my emergency c section and was still in pretty rough shape, she came into the room with friends and family in it and asked for payment. I gave her our HSA cards and she went off. About a month later I got insanely huge bills from the hospital. The idiot woman ran those but coded them as insurance payments. That f'ed up everything and made my OOP balance not register so I was basically being charged double. Make sure when you call the hospital you have your insurance statements, old bills and what you paid ready to go because you will probably be talking to someone equally as useless as the woman I had.
  • We are suddenly getting bills too. Today looks like it's going to be wasted on the phone with the hospital and insurance company.
  • Loading the player...
  • I never knew this until I started recently looking up insurance, but insurance companies and your hospital have a contract, so I know that alone my C-section was $5,000 (that doesn't include my stay or anything.) If your insurance company say that procedure is only worth 3,000 and your insurance only pays 80% then they only pay 80% of the 3,000 because that is all they think its worth. isn't that awful. I think that if the companies and the hospital signed some contract then the hospitals should only charge what the companies think it is worth.

I am sorry you all are getting surprise bills. I am still paying payments on mine so I hope I don't get any surprises.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image       image

image A look at my future

• You're not alone, we started the New Year off with $850 in bills that we're responsible for. $500 of that from the anesthesiologist from the birth.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So I called and basically as @beaubecca said it just can take that long for everything to process. The word adjustment simply signifies that that is the approved billable amount from the insurance company. I asked and this should be the last set of bills surrounding her birth (fingers crossed). Unfortunetly she was admitted to the hospital in December for RSV so we will likely have more for that. Such is life.

• @CNJ4EVA our Anesthesiologist was quick to bill us lol (just over $500 as well) so that is out if the way. Same for the OB, got that right away along with the Ped bills but this additional hospital stuff is really bugging me. . I thought we were done. It's insane how much it cost to have a baby lol. Thank God we're not responsible for the entire thing...we'd be homeless.

• I got a bill like a year after I had B. Sucks.
    Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
  • The bills when you actually have a baby aren't bad. What will kill your pocket book is when you lose one. My medical bills for my ectopic that were billed to my insurance company were over $30,000. I had to pay a little over $5000 out of pocket. Between my 2 boys I think we've paid a total of $2000 out of pocket. I'm still fuming 3 years later over the $5000.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • FmrAFBrat  That is awful. I am so sorry.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image       image

image A look at my future

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"