Baby Showers

omg help me respond to this

received an odd email from my MIL today....  
i am Anna
Nicole is DH's SIL 
Maddy is Nicole's first kid
BTW Nicole lives in california (we are on east coast)

" I am thinking"  about having my friends over for a coffee/lunch. This past Tuesday I went out with a few of my friends, all were asking about Anna. So now I thought about making this small gathering into a little Baby Shower.   Anna, if you were  able to come that would be great. If traveling is not a good idea, I understand.  If you couldn't be here I would turn it into a Grandma/baby shower......my friends gave me a grandma shower when Nicole was pregnant with Maddy because back then I was unable to do it.  This is a time to celebrate , a new little baby is coming.  

..... super tacky I KNOW.  WHAT DO I DO OR SAY TO THIS!

TTC#2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: omg help me respond to this

• If she's just inviting her friends in CA then whatever.  If you can/want to go then go and if not, let her do her thing.

• @Mimaloo

I live in NJ, MIL lives in NY, SIL lives in CA

TTC#2
  • Loading the player...
  • Peanutz21 said:
    @Mimaloo

I live in NJ, MIL lives in NY, SIL lives in CA
    Ooooh gotcha - I read that wrong. Again, I'd just let her do her thing if it's only with her friends. 
  • Odd. But I would tell her thanks for the invite but I can't make it. Have fun!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Kimbus22 said:
    I'd decline and let her and her friends do their tacky thing all on their own.
    This.  Just say "Sorry, won't be able to make it" and let her do what she's going to do.  I think it's REALLY weird, but i nthe end, that reflects on her. 
  • If you don't want to go all the way to NY for a baby shower, what makes your mil think you are gonna go to NY to leave your kid with her so often that she would need all the gear from a tacky grandma shower?

• If you don't want to go all the way to NY for a baby shower, what makes your mil think you are gonna go to NY to leave your kid with her so often that she would need all the gear from a tacky grandma shower?

Exactly this.
  • i told her i can't make it  - i honestly can't as i have to work on the weekends she suggested (my job makes me work 2 weekends a month and it's usually scheduled 1-2 months in advance).

she said she'll throw her own Gma shower.  she had a Gma shower for her grandkid in california that...she..never...sees....   oh well hopefully she didn't get offended

TTC#2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"