March 2014 Moms

Probably totally stupid FTM question...

This totally should have been in that thread a few weeks ago but...I haven't really gotten my shiz together til now...and this has possibly already been addressed, sorry if it has, and I don't feel like googling it at the moment, super lazy, I know! I am going through all the clothing we have and deciding on the "going home outfit" and I'm thinking about it aaaaand, I just realized...I don't even know how much clothing I should be bringing to the hospital for this kid to wear? What do they wear after they are born and are in the hospital for 2/a few days? How many onesies do I bring? Do they wear nothing but the diapers and a blanket/swaddle? Do I bring a swaddle? How many diapers do I bring? WHAT DO I BRING TO THE HOSPITAL FOR THE BABY? Haha, all this focus on MY hospital bag and I never thought in detail about the diaper bag/baby stuff! HELP A FTM SISTA OUT! TIA!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Anniversary

Re: Probably totally stupid FTM question...

• I packed a bunch of outfits, swaddle, etc. I just think its cute to see them in their little outfits, plus I have way to many newborn clothes (thanks to gifts, hand me downs), and I want to start using them ASAP.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yeah our hospital provides clothes for their stay and we'll just need something to take LO home in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cute outfits while on the hospital will get lost if LO goes to the nursery... The only outfit my LOs ever needed was one to go home in. I packed one in NB and one in 0-3.
  • KariB509KariB509 member
    edited March 2014
    With DS, we brought two outfits. We changed him the second day and they got mad and wanted him to stay in the outfit they provided. As for diapers, they provided them and everything else he needed. They even sent us home with diapers, forumla samples, pacis, blankets, etc etc.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• I would call your hospital to see what us provided if they didn't send info home to you. Mine sends preregistration info and it tells you what all they provide. Mine provides pretty much everything right down to nursing supplies for mom (nursing pads, nipple shields if needed, pumping supplies) as well as all baby stuff (diapers, wipes, blankets, hats, clothing, aspirator). If you plan to ff, you may have to bring that along with bottles. I'd just call and ask. I plan to bring one NB and one 0-3 month sized footed sleeper to take him home in and that's it.
  • The hospital provides stuff but last time I brought (and will this time) some cute sleepers to put them in! I like having my own stuf for them
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • clo1982 said:
    I would call your hospital to see what us provided if they didn't send info home to you. Mine sends preregistration info and it tells you what all they provide. Mine provides pretty much everything right down to nursing supplies for mom (nursing pads, nipple shields if needed, pumping supplies) as well as all baby stuff (diapers, wipes, blankets, hats, clothing, aspirator). If you plan to ff, you may have to bring that along with bottles. I'd just call and ask. I plan to bring one NB and one 0-3 month sized footed sleeper to take him home in and that's it.

Good point, I have the pre-registration paperwork, right over there, on the dining room table. I should probably look at it, lol. I'm too overwhelmed, tired, and beyond lazy to produce coherent thoughts lately. My poor husband, I don't know how he's dealing with me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • I packed like we are going to be having a newborn fashion show! I don't want him in hospital clothes when he has a hunch of his own.
  • I packed two outfits and she was too tiny and didn't fit either. I had to send DH out to get a preemie outfit for her to wear home. She wore the hospital side snap while we were in the hospital.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • The only thing I packed was going home outfit, sleeper, carseat blanket and hat. And I threw it in the carseat. Im not even bringing the diaper bag. We were lugging around so much stuff that time we didn't need. I never showered there or changed my clothes either but I was kinda a hot mess... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"