April 2014 Moms
Options

Health and being inconsiderate

Ok lady, when you are sick and you keep complaining how terrible you feel.....GOHOME!!! Not only that but saying that you will just come in for two hours so you don't get people sick is about the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Once you walk through that door you are touching things and breathing your sickness everywhere! So frustrating. You have sick leave.....use it. It is winter. We are an ag retail location in the Midwest. I can guarantee you will not miss anything important! Staying home when you are sick isn't just for the person being sick, it's also for everyone else that has to be around you! End rant.

Re: Health and being inconsiderate

• Options
    I agree!! A woman walked in my office with "highly contagious pneumonia" (her words) today but no more sick days left after going to the doctor who is thinking about admitting her to the hospital. Really?!? Then lock yourself in your office and hide! And stop coughing without covering your mouth! Tell me all about it in an email. I will talk all day about it with you, just not with you and your germs.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    i feel you!  the woman i work with is CONSTANTLY coming into work sick because she "can't afford to take time off".  she just sit there looking all bedraggled and limp and miserable and i keep thinking "GO HOME AND TAKE YOUR NASTY GERMS WITH YOU!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! The people I nanny for texted me yesterday morning an hour before my shift started and told me that the husband would be home because he is sick and to come in early if I could. I of course asked details about what he had and told her it would be irresponsible of me to neglect protecting my health and my baby. If he is sick, I shouldn't have been exposed to his germs to watch his kid when he is home. I was beyond frustrated.
  • Options
    That drives me crazy! Earlier this winter there was something going around and three people that sit right outside of my office were sick with horrible hacking coughs. One person had the flu and bronchitis. And they all still came to work!

Another CW yelled at me for coming into the office. "You shouldn't be here with all of these sick people" she said. So I am supposed to stay home when I am healthy so all the sick people can come into work? That makes so much sense!

• Options
    OMG you are totally voicing my same vent towards one of my coworkers.  EVERY winter, without fail, he comes to work with some upper respiratory thing and has a fever and hacking cough.  The guy will not stay home. Ever.  The thing that kills me is that he has the maximum number of sick days built up-100 days- but still won't stay home.  It makes me so stabby that I can't even interact with him without glaring.  This is currently happening at work this week.  I personally think he doesn't stay home because he doesn't know his schedule and doesn't know how to write sub plans without help (he's a special ed teacher).  He's not very smart in more than one way.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    @lorimc12
    LoriMc12 said:
    OMG you are totally voicing my same vent towards one of my coworkers.  EVERY winter, without fail, he comes to work with some upper respiratory thing and has a fever and hacking cough.  The guy will not stay home. Ever.  The thing that kills me is that he has the maximum number of sick days built up-100 days- but still won't stay home.  It makes me so stabby that I can't even interact with him without glaring.  This is currently happening at work this week.  I personally think he doesn't stay home because he doesn't know his schedule and doesn't know how to write sub plans without help (he's a special ed teacher).  He's not very smart in more than one way.
    How irresponsible to get children sick too...WTF is wrong with people.
    Exactly.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    My husband's tech company takes this really seriously. Their policy is if you're sick stay home. No hours or leave to account for, just notify HR if you're out more than a week. Honestly I feel like that should be a universal thing, but I'm sure some people would take advantage of it.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    I work in a hospital...

If I show up sick to work, its actually really serious cause I frequently see imuno-compromised patients, and its not fair on them!!! So if in doubt I stay home - though to be fair I only used 3 sick days last year....
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    I hate when people at work say, "Oh, don't come near me, I'm sick!"  Then GO HOME.  Don't make me confine myself to my office when my job requires me to be up and around just because you feel like you need to be in at work if you're sick.  We don't really have limited sick days, so it's not a big deal if people stay home or have to leave early....GO HOME.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    emh81emh81 member
    My MIL who has been sick all week and can barely talk (squawk) on the phone tried giving me the guilt trip today because she wants to see me and DH this weekend. My response "we'd like to see you too but we both NEED to stay healthy right now to keep baby safe so we'll have to wait" we're high risk so she should understand this... She whined about how she won't get us sick and she just wants to seeeeeee us :( then tells me as we're hanging up "give my little boy a kiss for me, since you won't let me see him"

Give me a break lady! Think about someone other than yourself!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"