Baby Names

Rex and Ike

DH likes Ike, but only as a standalone. I think it needs a formal name, but don't love Isaac. We can't just use Ike, right?

Rex, opinions?

DS1 is Jack. We are still discussing/considering (hence Rex and Ike) but right now our top choice is Archer.

Others on the list:
Dashiell
Fletcher
August/Gus
Theodore

Would love other suggestions or opinions on the choices.

Re: Rex and Ike

• I asked DS if he liked Rex and he said "lets just name him Awesome Dino".
  • I like the PP's suggestion of Dexter (Dex). 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not a fan of Rex. I like all the ones on your list except Dashiell! Rex doesn't sound like a name to me....although I do remember the movie Empire Records! "Oh rexxxxy you're so sexy! I know you get a little lonely in that canopy b-ed!" Lol. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Rex and Ike are both NN.

I like Rex as a NN for Reginald, like Rex Harrison. Ike is a NN for Dwight as far as I know. I like Dwight on someone else's child. I would actually allow myself to be talked into Reginald NN Rex.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jags8Jags8 member
    I do not like Rex or Ike at all.
    I do love August! I could get on board with Archer and Theodore.
  • Ok, Rex is out. DS thinks it's a dinosaur, everyone else thinks its a dog. I just picture such a cute little fat baby named Rex, but obv we will let this go. Ike is out for me- I don't think DH is that attached anyways.

I love all of mjreillys suggestions, but most of those names have been vetoed by DH or used by close friends.

I think Archer or Gus/August are our top 2, with Theodore our alternate. I might need to see him before I know.

Thanks for the ideas!
  • I went to college with a guy named Rex. I didn't find it weird at all. And for the record, I've never met a dog named Rex.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I wouldn't do Ike on it's own, it's better as a NN for Isaac.

I also like Theodore/Theo and Gus with Jack.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"