Trying to Get Pregnant

Maybe I'll just throw darts at the calendar to guess when I O.

EssJayCeeEssJayCee member
edited February 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I've been using OPKs for several cycles now, but I decided to suck it up and give BBT charting a try this cycle at the urging of TB.  I had been so, so, so diligent about temping up until this week.  Wednesday morning, I left for Alabama for a two day work trip and forgot my thermometer.  I tried to buy another, but the pharmacy did not have any.  I figured, hey, I'll just skip Thursday morning and hop back on the train Friday.  Of course, my body had other plans and I was hit with a fever and cold on my way home. 

I probably will keep temping the remainder of this cycle, if only to keep the habit up, but do I stand a chance of still seeing the thermal shift, since I got a positive OPK on Tuesday but skipped Thursday's temp and Friday's might be off due to illness? 

Re: Maybe I'll just throw darts at the calendar to guess when I O.

• EssJayCeeEssJayCee member
    edited March 2014
    If you ovulated Wednesday - Friday, it may be pretty difficult to pinpoint an O day. However, you may still be able to see a shift afterwards if you keep temping. At least them you'll know if you ovulated, just not exactly when. Did you continue using OPKs after the positive on Tuesday?

And of course if you didn't ovulate, continuing to temp would show you that so you won't go crazy if your period is later than you expected.

You should add a chart link to your siggy too!
    Thank you so much for your answer.  I really appreciate the time you took and information you gave.  

I had another positive OPK on Wednesday, did not take one Thursday as I had none with me out of town, and a negative OPK today, Friday.  Here is a link to my chart... I'll work on getting it into my siggy.  Thank you!

ETA:  I messed around with FF and inputted a few higher temps over the next few days and got crosshairs ranging from CD15 to CD18 depending.  I've deleted them as to not mess up chart stalks but wanted to share that extra info.
  • Loading the player...
  • From temps alone I don't think you've ovulated. I just don't see a huge temp shift.
    Thanks!  I had a BIG jump this morning.  Maybe that's the start of my thermal shift? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"