Parenting
Options

Boys and girls taking baths together?

So, DS stayed late at his DCP's yesterday because I had a work dinner, and she gave him a bath with her two daughters. Their ages are DS-15 months and then the two girls about 2 and 3. I'd post a pic on here because they were so freakin cute, but you never know what creepers might be lurking, plus two of them weren't my kids.

Anyway, I think it's ok for now, but it got me thinking - at what age does it become inappropriate for boys and girls (non-siblings, but idk if that makes a difference) to see each other naked or take a bath together? When they're old enough to point out body parts?

Re: Boys and girls taking baths together?

• Options
    I think I'd stop about school age (5ish). I bathe my two together now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I assume you have a fairly close relationship with your DCP........

Yes, @HilarityEnsued, we're friends of about 10 years, and I absolutely trust her.
  • Options
    I'll let you know when I get there. I don't think there is a magic cut off. I'm sure it'll be before puberty though. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    I don't think there is a specific age.  Generally, I'd say when/if one of the bathers feels uncomfortable about it. 

• Options
    My twin brother and I were probably 4-ish? I dont think age matters so much, just when kids start taking more notice of body parts than you want to deal with. At some point too they are big enough that two in the tub is too crowded.
    imageimage
  • Options
    DS and DD are nearly 6 and 3 and we sort of stopped a few months ago. We shower them separately now, but they still get an occasional bath together.

• Options
    My b/g twins quit bathing together at 5.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    Spooko said:
    My kids are DS 6 and DD 2 and they still take baths together. Every once in awhile DD will try to grab DS' penis but he usually just tells her, "No, that's mine." LOL. They like it because they have someone to play with, it's faster for me, and it also gives me more range in my house because I don't have to sit as close to DD with DS helping her out.
    Same ages here and they still bathe together. No penis grabbing though :) Connor doesn't think twice yet about bathing with his sister, but he would not be comfortable bathing with other relatives or friends around his age or older. 
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"