October 2013 Moms
Options

hot tea drinkers come in

So I found this new hot tea that I love- caffeine free wellness tea made by Celeste. I just started drinking it every morning starting thus past Monday. LO hadnt pooped since mondat night but just finally did a little earlier today. When I opened the diaper, the color was normal but the consistency was a little different. It was more like a peanut butter consistency. He's EBF and I just got to thinking... think there is something in the tea causing him not to go as often a d changing the consistency? Or is it just a baby being a baby? I'm not really worried, just curious. I am going to mention something to the ped at his appt next week tho.

<3 Brantley Richard - Born October 28, 2013 <3

<3 Baby #2 due to arrive May 18, 2015 <3

Re: hot tea drinkers come in

• Options
    Hmm I drink a lot of tea, mainly chai, green tea, chamomile and my mothers milk tea. I haven't noticed any change with LO's poop but I don't know what ingredients are in that tea. Maybe google the ingredients and type of tea?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Chamomile, tilla estrella, and valerian

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also spearmint.

• Options
    DS had the peanut butter poo after not pooping for a few days. I don't think it's tea related.

• Options
    I drink hot tea - chai tea, brown tea, green tea, and various others. I've never noticed a poop difference.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    CatieG said:

DS had the peanut butter poo after not pooping for a few days. I don't think it's tea related.

Your probably right. Just coincidence most likely!

• Options
    I love hot tea. I also spend a lot of time over thinking what I have eaten or drunk and how it correlates to LOs tummy, but I think for the main part it's coincidence. Although Chinese food always seems to make her unhappy.
  • Options
    Meh, probs a coincidence. I drink at least two cups of black tea a day and haven't noticed a difference. Maybe just keep an eye on it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I drink a lot of tea and haven't noticed any weird correlation to her bowel movements. I drink mainly red raspberry leaf (yes still), chamomile, sleepy time, ginger peach, or jasmine. Sometimes black tea (yum!)

Oh good, I still have some RRL left and didn't know what to do with it. I can still drink it while bf?

I drink mostly green teas, and do not notice a difference. But I also have never had PB consistency, even when he skips popping a few days. Try the tea again in a few days to see if it happens again.

• Options
    That's my plan. As I read the box closer, it foes say that if you are pregnant or nursing to contact your doctor before drinking. Whoops!! I'll lay off of the tea this week and see if anything changes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"