Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Here a poop, there a poop

Everywhere POOP POOP!!

My LO is almost 6 months and for the last few weeks the poop has been out. of. control. She went through the once every 3-4 days phase then all of a sudden it was 3-4x a day! And not just the number of times but the volume, oh so much poop. I have to change her outfit at least once a day from blowouts! So I guess my question is 2-fold. First- is this rediculous volume of poop typical for an EBF 5 1/2 month old? And second- is this diaper blowout user error (I suddenly after 5 months am doing it wrong?), a diaper brand issue (we recently switched from pampers to huggies), or is it a baby issue (she's just that forceful and talented!)? Any insight?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Here a poop, there a poop

• I have an EBF 4 month old and when he poo's boy oh boy does he poo... Sometimes it's a blowout and sometimes the diaper holds up but there are quite a few factors that come into play here I think. 

Is the diaper too small? (Learned that the hard way)

Does he/she wiggle alot when you are trying to put the new diaper on?  Is it possible that it's not securely in place? LOL

Is it just too much poo for any diaper to hold?  (Sometimes this is the case with our LO, he will just blow the walls out)

We personally preferred pampers swaddlers in size 1 but when we got to size to the huggies lil snugglers seemed to hold better so IDK about the whole brand thing. 

• She's only 12 lbs which is right in between size 1 and 2. Maybe we'll try the next size up and see if it helps!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just posted another poop question :)  I am wondering about the 3-4 days / poop phase you mentioned, maybe that's where DS is?  When did this happen with your LO?

As for diapers, I do like Pampers Swaddlers, they are very absorbent, but we still often have blow outs.  I think everyone does!
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited February 2014
    Is the poop coming out the sides of the diaper or up the back? I'd change the size if it's coming out the sides, but not the back. You're kinda on the cusp with a 12lb baby for sizing up soon anyways. It couldn't hurt.
  • DahliaFlower- right around 4 months is when she started not pooping as often. Doctor wasn't worried cause there was still lots of wet diapers.

And the blowouts are out the back, not the leg holes.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My LO will be 4 months next week and is around 12ish lbs. we use Pampers Swaddlers and just moved to size 2. There are still blow outs up her back, but we haven't had one down the legs since we moved up. Size 2 is still a touch big, but its a lot better than a diaper that's too small.
  • I wasn't a fan of huggies. I didn't feel like they held up as well. If the poop is coming out the back is it not tight enough? I thought I was doing it tight enough until I watched the pediatrician after she was done checking LO's hips. She fastened it tighter than I was. Also, I have found that I really can pull the diaper up high in the back. That helped greatly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"