Trouble TTC

Can I please freak out over stupid clinic hours for a minute??

Grrr.
So I mentioned I had to go get cd2 bloodwork and genetic panels done today, which I have been having anxiety over pretty badly. Fine, I buck up and drive the one hour each way to get it done. I get to the clinic at 3:20. The roads were bad so it took a little longer than I planned and they close at 3:30. I sign in and they tell me they take their last draw at 3:15 so they can't take mine. But lucky me, I can go to the emergency department to have them do it there. I call me RE's office to see if I can just do it Monday. But they closed at 3 today!

So I go down to emergency, wait a 1/2 hour to be called. Sit in an exam room for another twenty minutes to wait for the nurse. AND THEN THE KICKER!! She tells me they can't take my blood because the tests have to be sent out of province and the mail already went!!!!!!!!!

Soooo now I have to wait till next month :( why didn't some one tell me that I needed to be there before lunch time?!!??

Re: Can I please freak out over stupid clinic hours for a minute??

• That SUCKS. I'm sorry :(
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Kam10Kam10 member
    edited February 2014
    So sorry, I would be completely frustrated.

*****Siggy Warning*****

Toby        image

Me:28 DH:28
    TTC #1 since Nov '12
    DX: Non-IR PCOS & Hypothyroidism 
    BFP: 11/7/13 EDD: 7/18/14 Ectopic Tubal Surgery 12/18 
    2/5 HSG all clear!
    Femara 5mg + Trigger + IUI #1- 5 = BFN
    IVF #1 - 17R 15M 11F - Transferred 1 beautiful hatching blast on 9/26    4 Frosties
    Beta (10dp5dt) = 166  Beta #2 (12dp5dt) = 284  Beta #3 (14dp5dt) = 471  Beta #4 (18dp5dt) = 2032
    EDD: 6/14/15
    ~All are welcome~

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hoping4LO said:

Oh no! Hopefully there's a chance the RE will be ok with Mon? Do they have an after-hours emergency number you can call?

I don't think so :( at least not that they've given to me yet
  • That stinks. So sorry that happened to you. bummer
    ===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

• Tell me about it!! I just don't understand why I wasn't provided with that information to begin with
  • That sucks I'm so sorry.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • That sucks. Sorry.
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • calindi said:

Leave a voicemail?  Maybe they check it?

If Friday is CD2, then Monday would probably be too late, sadly.  It would be CD5, and I've heard of it being stretched to CD4, but I don't know if they could wait longer.  That's definitely a question for the RE.
    No voicemail either. :( I did send an email as I know they check it after hours but I haven't heard anything back.
    I'm pretty sure cd5 is too late also. Just my luck.
  • That sucks. If I come after the mail has gone out they stick it in the fridge for the next days mail...so results take longer but it is still the rightdays bloodwork.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Leave a voicemail?  Maybe they check it?

If Friday is CD2, then Monday would probably be too late, sadly.  It would be CD5, and I've heard of it being stretched to CD4, but I don't know if they could wait longer.  That's definitely a question for the RE.
    No voicemail either. :( I did send an email as I know they check it after hours but I haven't heard anything back. I'm pretty sure cd5 is too late also. Just my luck.
    Just a though, it seems like most girls have RE's that are open 7 days a week, and have on call hours. If yours doesn't, perhaps a switch to one that does.

what happens if you need to do a procedure on a weekend? Do you suddenly have to wait a month??!?

===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

• almostamissusalmostamissus member
    edited March 2014

calindi said:

Leave a voicemail?  Maybe they check it?

No voicemail either. :( I did send an email as I know they check it after hours but I haven't heard anything back.
    I'm pretty sure cd5 is too late also. Just my luck.

Just a though, it seems like most girls have RE's that are open 7 days a week, and have on call hours. If yours doesn't, perhaps a switch to one that does.

what happens if you need to do a procedure on a weekend? Do you suddenly have to wait a month??!?

Very good question! I've wondered this too. This clinic/re doesn't do ivf so I wonder if that's the reason? Also, I have to think that, because we're not on any cycle yet, that there IS an emergency number but they just haven't seen the need for me to have it yet?

Unfortunately, I can't switch RE or clinics. This is the absolute only one I the small province I live. The next closest is more than a 6 hour drive each way.
    Eta forgot a word
  • When you call the office after hours does it provide an on call number? Even IUIs are time sensitive so that would be crazy if they don't do things on weekends too.

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • @jencity9
    Nothing. It just lists the telephone hours for the last day they were open. In this case, Friday February 28 from 10-3.
    I'm still holding on to the hope that they just haven't given me the after hours number yet since I'm not cycling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"