Multiples
Options

Good walking Double Stroller For Twins on unpaved road

My sister is having twins.

She is looking for a stroller that is good for walking on unpaved roads but is also good to put in her suv to run to the mall or what not. Or do you think she should have a lighter stroller for that?

Also which is better side by side or Tandem?

Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good walking Double Stroller For Twins on unpaved road

• Options
    For unsaved I love love love my bob Dualie. It's big though so might want something else more compact for the mall although I use bob for that too :)

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Options
    This is where I think different strollers do different things.  I have my side by side jogger for unpaved roads.  But it is a beast to go shopping with (takes up way too much room in the van).  So I have my Contours Optima for shopping.  It's a tandem, drives beautifully, but the jogger would be better and more stable for off the beaten path type areas.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ckred27 said:
    For unsaved I love love love my bob Dualie. It's big though so might want something else more compact for the mall although I use bob for that too :)

Ditto this exactly. The bob is amazing on all terrains but very heavy and bulky to throw in the trunk. I have 3 strollers for different outings. I keep the bob in the garage strictly for walks/jogging and my tandem/side by side in truck depending on where we are going.
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like the Jeep hand me down that I got. its a side by side and has two settings for reclining. it does NOT have an attached organizer so you need that
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    Haven't used it yet, but we got a good deal on a Mountain buggy Duet. It is one of the narrower side by sides. Excited to give it a try

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    kgs0505 said:
    This is where I think different strollers do different things.  I have my side by side jogger for unpaved roads.  But it is a beast to go shopping with (takes up way too much room in the van).  So I have my Contours Optima for shopping.  It's a tandem, drives beautifully, but the jogger would be better and more stable for off the beaten path type areas.

This is what I have too.... Side by side jogger and the contours optimum. I have tried them out but haven't used them with babies yet.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    City mini gt. Great on rougher roads/trails but super easy to fold.
  • Options
    I haven't used mine yet but I got the City Mini GT double & have heard great things about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"