1st Trimester
Options

Bleeding?!

I am 5 weeks almost 6 and am considered high risk because I lost my precious pregnancy at 20 weeks to anencephaly. I am having light red bleeding it's not heavy and there are no clots or cramping. Has anyone have this happen & still be ok? I just need the happy endings to make me feel better xoxo lisa

Re: Bleeding?!

• Options
    I think quite a few people have had this happen to them.  Could be implantation bleeding.  Just keep an eye on it and call you Dr if it becomes a little more heavy or continues for a while.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    mrsH1112 said:
    I think quite a few people have had this happen to them.  Could be implantation bleeding.  Just keep an eye on it and call you Dr if it becomes a little more heavy or continues for a while.
    Um...no.  Implantation bleeding wouldn't be occuring after a positive pregnancy test and at 5-6 weeks pregnant.

OP, bleeding can be totally normal during PG.  Fifty percent of pregnancies have some bleeding.  If it becomes heavy, clotted or has pain and/or a fever with it go to the ER.  

You are high risk.  Did your OB give you any instructions if this were to occur.  I would give your doc office a call just to be safe.  I am high risk and if I had unexplained bleeding I was supposed to report it.  
    BFP#1 6/2013: MMC 8/2013 @ 6 wks, 3 d
    BFP#2 1/2014: CP 1/2014 @ 3 wks, 4 d
    BFP#3 4/2014: MC 4/2014 @ 4 wks, 1 d
    Break until Dec 2014
    Femara, aspirin and progesterone started 12/2015
    Still working on #2!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had heavy bleeding with clots and cramping from weeks 4-8 having no clue I was pregnant I thought I was having my regular period at 28 days and it just didn't stop but I went a few days past the next one so I took a test and it came back positive immediately so I knew I wasn't 4 weeks so I went straight to the Er because I thought I lost the baby but low and behold we found a healthy 8week baby that is super strong because I am currently 29 weeks and she is healthy as can be so yes bleeding is normal and even when it's extreme there are cases where the baby's can survive I hope the best for you and everything is fine with babe!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 5 weeks 1 day and I have been bleeding since several days before I found out (about 10 days)  I was pregnant. It's best to go ahead and call you doctor but so far everything is fine with me. I'm having my HCG done again Sunday and have to have an ultrasound again on Monday but that's just to keep an eye on things. Good luck! 
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• Options
    I wanted to tell you I am extremely sorry for your loss.
    I wish you all the best with this pregnancy.
  • Options
    It could be something or nothing. Sorry you are going through this, I know how worrisome it can be.

I had bleeding right about 6 weeks with DS, now he's a healthy, happy toddler!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"