January 2014 Moms
Options

baby's dry skin.. suggestions?

Hello ladies. Babygirl has dry peeling skin on her face and head. Most is on her eyebrows, the creases next to her nostrils and her temple areas. I was wondering if other mommy's with the same situation just leave it alone, or do you put something on it to help? I'm just a bit tentative about putting anything on it since it's her face...I don't want to cause her to break out or anything.

our little flower born 01.13.14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baby's dry skin.. suggestions?

• Options
    I have used California Baby lotion on LO's dry forehead skin between his eyebrows with success. I know a lot of moms swear by coconut oil too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD has pretty dry skin all over her body (must take after me!) I've put lotion on her body and the top of her head, but I've left her face alone. If her skin is like mine, putting something on it will only disturb it. I agree with PP though that lots of moms swear by coconut oil, and that would be more gentle for the skin on baby's face. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Less or no soap when bathing. I only use soap twice a week. .. then a good fragrance free lotion twice a day.

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• Options
    I use aveeno baby fragrance free on her entire body including face and she has VERY sensitive skin.  No reaction at all, but it worked really well
    This is what I use as well.  My peditration said when DD's skin is dry to put lotion on her with each diaper change.  When DD#1 had really bad dry skin and lotion wasn't doing the trick we put Bag Balm on her face (https://www.bagbalm.com/).  It usually took care of the dry skin in 24 hours.
  • Options
    rgoblue said:
    We use Cetaphyl on her body (as recommended by her pedi) and I put Aden+Anais Mum and Bub ointment on her dry skin on face. We live in MI so the cold dries her out. Have you also put a humidifier in the room yet to see if that helps?
    Yes we use a humidifier, yet she's still all peely. Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I'll have to try some of these out. :)

• Options
    We use aveeno baby lotion. And works great! Sometimes we will use aveeno baby excema cream as well.
  • Options
    A nurse at the hospital suggested coconut oil. She said "don't put anything on the baby you wouldn't eat." It's worked great so far!
  • Options
    My son's face is like that too, it's like scaly leather :(  The rest of him really isn't that dry, and I've been using Eucerin but it doesn't seem to be doing much.  I'm going to try the coconut oil, hopefully that helps!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    +1 on the coconut oil. It has really helped with her cradle cap too. 

• Options
    My DS has the same issues and we were told by pedi to use olive oil. It tol about two weeks to complely go away with applying it a few times a day.

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Options
    Coconut Oil
  • Options
    Burt's Bees multipurpose.....live the scent, consistency and I just posted today that my LO had been having the same issue but this was a great choice!
                January Siggy Challenge

Praying for our May15 baby!          January 2014- Welcome Sweet Kimber!
    image     image
  • Options
    I picked up some of the California baby everyday face and body lotion. For those using lotion. ..how often do you usually apply?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"