Stay at Home Moms
Options

S/O What did You Hate About Being Pregnant?

bhuffmanbhuffman member
edited February 2014 in Stay at Home Moms
A lot of us have said we hated being pregnant in the FFFC.

So, why were/are you miserable ?

Re: S/O What did You Hate About Being Pregnant?

• Options
    Um everything. Getting fat, no wine (other than a half a glass on occasion which doesn't count), harder to get around, sciatica, insomnia, the "are you sure it's not twins?" Comments, etc etc etc
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hated gaining weight and feeling fat. I hat morning sickness for FOREVER with both pregnancies. I also had heart burn with DS2 and just felt uncomfortable all the time.
    I had two scheduled csections due to my scoliosis, but with DS1, I had him a week earlier due to a sudden blood pressure spike.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had horrible back pain. 

I had sprained my back a few years before, and carrying that extra weight, just didn't help with the pain. and there was nothing the doctor would do for me
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What did I like is probably the better questions

The first several weeks when you are just bloated and absolutely nothing fits, but you still don't look pregnant.

The morning sickness from smells.

The varicose veins, legs and nether regions, and sciatic nerve pain

Lumbering around rather than moving at my more general quick pace

Being asked intrusive questions, though touching does not bother me

Iron supplements and constipation

Swollen feet.  I had to wear flip flops in the middle of winter at work because I could not get shoes on, and socks would cut off my circulation by mid-day

Visits to L&D every time I fell because apparently I have no balance when I am pregnant

Constant doctors appointments which seem like such a waste of time, even though I know they are not. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The pain, anxiety, and not sleeping.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    Heartburn, which I had never had in my life before I was pregnant, and the hip pain at night. That was the worst; beginning at I think 30 weeks I just could not get comfortable at night because I just had this excruciating pain in my hips.

Other than that though, I really enjoyed being pregnant :)
  • Options
    Severe heartburn, and projectile vomiting. I was on Zantac and then finally Prilosec around the clock to control it.
  • Options

I have had pretty easy pregnancies, but I am always congested during pregnancy, so I hate not being able to breathe fully. Insomnia always sucks too.

I am pregnant now (early-9 weeks), and being pregnant after a loss is a new kind of mental hell.

I never mind gaining weight during pregnancy-I love the big belly!

• Options
    I had morning sickness every single day, including the day I went into labor and the day I gave birth.

I had a 39 hour labor.

I spent the entire first trimester and probably half the second trimester eating nothing but ginger ale and frozen waffles. And even then, it was like 2 frozen waffles a day and I still was sick. I lost a ton of weight but it was not worth it to be that sick all the time.

I hated how openly judgmental everyone felt like they could be.

I felt like everyone was staring at me everywhere I went. This was probably some kind of hormone induced anxiety but nonetheless I hated it.

I was seriously concerned about needing a c-section. I have this thing with medical stuff and blood. Like, that thread the other day where KC (I think) said when she exercises really hard her c section scar hurts. Just reading that makes me start to feel dizzy. The idea of having an incision really scares me because I really think I would see it and just faint. Like every day until it healed. And i always imagine like the worst things going wrong. So I spent a lot of time worrying that I would need one and I hated that panicky-dizzy feeling I got when I thought about it and knowing that it was a possibility. (I actually went to a therapist to work on it and she seemed to think hearing about the procedure would make me more comfortable with it but it just made it like 100x worse.)
  • Options
    Well this might be a bad time to ask but in reality this pregnancy isn't too bad. I never get huge because I have such a long torso. But I hate puking everyday still at 34 weeks. I hate the insomnia, and I would kill to get drunk.
  • Options

My pregnancies have been pretty easy. I have had normal issues such as M/S sleeping issues etc. I have more issues with the social aspect of it. The comments from strangers- it really annoys me. The other issue is that I can't be the active mom I am normally and I see how it affects  the girls. They are used to me playing soccer with them in the yard and going on snow tubes down a hill and I shouldn't.  The girls have a "we get our mom back count down" and that kind of makes me sad.  It has not totally suffered but my Husband and I are in a bit of a rough patch and thats not easy either.
  • Options
    I don't really like anything about it. At all. I don't like feeling out of control of my body. I can't control the physical changes, aches and pains, dizziness, and everything else that goes along with it. And I'm with @andrewsgal.. I would kill to get good and drunk.

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/
  • Options
    all of it except the kicks
  • Options
    I hated being tired all the time just by walking around. I also was irritated at how people have no filter when you are pregnant. I was in CVS to get a snack, and I heard this lady say "when is the bastard being born?" I ignored it because I was thinking "I KNOW she is not talking to me." Then she stands in front of me and goes "Hello. When is your little one being born." I said "Early November" she goes "oh good. don't have a Thanksgiving baby they are crazy" Uhm, REALLY???

My response was "Well all children are a blessing when you have them. I am sure Thanksgiving babies are just as sweet." She said "No. my nephew is a Thanksgiving baby and hes crazy".

Lastly, I hated the pointless questions people would ask me. Yes I am pregnant and no I am not having any more after this one. Leave me be.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I don't mind too much of it. Yes, I hate feel like crap, being tired, hips are killing me this pregnancy, etc. however, it's so much easier getting dressed when everything is tight on my belly instead of trying to find something that hides the belly. And my son was 3 weeks early so I had maybe a week of 'get this thing out of me I'm done' time.
  • Options
    All day sickness & wetting myself every time I would puke. 

Heartburn. Lord! So bad!

Back pain 

Only sleeping on your side (when I could sleep)

No wine. No sushi. 

The bigger you get- sex is impossible! Doggie style only. 

Crying over silly things

Stretch marks 

All worth it? Yes. Do it again? Absolutely. 

I loved feeling Z kick & have the hiccups. I loved playing music for her. DH loved talking to her & rubbing my belly. 

It's definitely an experience. & no book can tell you. You experience it as you go & deal with your individual quirks & oddities. 

• Options
    Honestly, I felt like I could deal w/ the physical discomforts just fine....yeah I got huge (had twins that were nearly 12 lbs put together), had frequent contractions from 18 weeks onward, couldn't sleep well for the last month or so, swelled up right at the end, was pretty much exhausted the whole time except for a two-week window during the second tri.....but I have a pretty high pain threshold and still consider that I had a "middle of the road pregnancy" when it came to complaint-worthy stuff. What was hard was the anxiety. We had some complications w/ the twins that got spotted around 15 weeks....ended up just meaning lots of monitoring, but for me it meant 20 weeks of worry, and that was the only reason I wanted to speed up the clock and get them here safely....though at the same time I would have dealt with all the pain and worry just to get them to full term if I could. If it weren't for that worry, I would have loved every second of being pregnant.
  • Options
    Feeling like my pelvic bone would break and the heartburn.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options

Being sick all day every day (Zofran did help)

Being kicked in the crotch while in public. It was always embarrassing when I bent over and reacted and I knew it was freaking anyone out who saw

Being told what I couldn't have. I am not a big drinker but being pregnant I just wanted to drink again. Then I failed my first GD test and had to go on the diet. I sure did miss real ice cream. (I got lucky that it was only 2 weeks and passed the second one. I celebrated with a milk shake)

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2014
    every single thing except her moving.  I hated puking every day for 8 months, having to eat 6 meals a day because I was starving all the time and if I didn't eat I felt I was going to pass out, sciatic pain, sacrum pain, gaining 76 lbs, getting an umbilical hernia, heatburn, indigestion, acid coming up my throat in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    5953fpp said:
    all of it except the kicks
    I didn't even enjoy this, those things could HURT.  And before it was kicks and I felt flutters? It weirded me out.... like there were butterflies invading my body.

I had a high risk pregnancy, so it pretty much all sucked.  I was on strict bedrest starting at 29 weeks, up until I had emergency c/s at 35 weeks.  I was allowed to pee and shower. Sometimes.

I had morning sickness from 6-15 weeks.  I had insomnia starting literally the day I got my BFP. I had extreme back pain.  I gained 39 pounds. (for a 4 pound baby).  Extreme heartburn. I NEVER felt good.  I had REALLY bad headaches almost all day, every day.

I was happy for my end result???  THAT part I loved!!  :)
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    I hated the severe morning sickness, the terrible swelling, having GD, and carpal tunnel, but PUPPPs was the last nail in the coffin for sure. No more pregnancy. NO MORE.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    Mostly the anxiety.  My first child had several birth defects and she did eventually pass away, so my subsequent pregnancies were very hard.
  • Options
    lollitotslollitots member
    edited February 2014
    Everything. The aching, reflux, unable to reach my toes (if I dropped something it stayed on the ground), the P17 shots I had to get in my butt so I didn't have another premmie, watching what I ate and poking my finger because of GD, the vivid nightmares I had of things happening to me or my baby that I only have when pg or right after birth, peeing 1000 times a day, leaking pee when I sneeze, do I need to go on??? The #1 thing I hated was throwing up. I had morning sickness all nine months with all three. I would wake in the middle of the night to throw up and go back to bed. I has hospitalized at least once with all three for dehydration due to this. Even when not throwing up I was nauseous. Instead of having a first word, my oldest made yacking noises next to me when I was throwing up with #2. The plus size is that I was 36 lbs. lighter than my pre pregnancy weight immediately after birth. The down side was that I wasn't that overweight to begin with. Not a good diet at all. Sorry this got so long.
    Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • Options
    Everything. The aching, reflux, unable to reach my toes (if I dropped something it stayed on the ground), the P17 shots I had to get in my butt so I didn't have another premmie, watching what I ate and poking my finger because of GD, the vivid nightmares I had of things happening to me or my baby that I only have when pg or right after birth, peeing 1000 times a day, leaking pee when I sneeze, do I need to go on??? The #1 thing I hated was throwing up. I had morning sickness all nine months with all three. I would wake in the middle of the night to throw up and go back to bed. I has hospitalized at least once with all three for dehydration due to this. Even when not throwing up I was nauseous. Instead of having a first word, my oldest made yacking noises next to me when I was throwing up with #2. The plus size is that I was 36 lbs. lighter than my pre pregnancy weight immediately after birth. The down side was that I wasn't that overweight to begin with. Not a good diet at all. Sorry this got so long.
    At least you could go back to bed.  When I would puke in the middle of the night I could never fall back asleep making my day very long and exhausting.
  • Options
    I hated everything about my pregnancy other than the kicks with my first two pregnancies.
    My labor and delivery with DD1 was horrible  2 days labor, 3 hours pushing and forceps delivery.
    DD2: 2 days of labor, never progressed past five and had an emergency c-section after she went into distress.
    I loved my labor with DD3.  I was going to have a repeat c-section, but my water broke at 37 weeks and by the time I got to the hospital I was seven (2 hours after my water broke) By the time my doctor got there I was complete and almost crowning.  I had a completely natural v-bac, which I absolutely loved.
    I love the outcome of the births and wouldn't change anything.
  • Options
    I hated most of it - being sick all of first trimester or taking medication for it and having horrible constipation, gaining weight and feeling fat, looking fat not pregnant, my body not being my own, not being able to take medication when sick, being uncomfortable all the time, not being able to sleep, being on bed rest.....
  • Options
    Well this might be a bad time to ask but in reality this pregnancy isn't too bad. I never get huge because I have such a long torso. But I hate puking everyday still at 34 weeks. I hate the insomnia, and I would kill to get drunk.

Yeah. I have a long torso and didn't gain much weight either and my stomach was freaking massive. Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man, I had blocked out the peeing on the floor while projectile vomiting in the toilet part. Nothing more fun than cleaning BOTH of those up in the middle of the night. Poor DH, I think he thought I was possessed or something.
  • Options
    I was miserable for all of the usual reasons. Then the second time around it was because I was carrying twins. 
    At about 28 weeks they told me I was measuring the same size as a singleton pregnancy that had gone 2 weeks overdue. It was MISERABLE. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    It wouldn't be that bad if it only lasted a few months! I really think it should only take 4 months go grow a healthy baby. Last time I gained a ton of weight, was swollen all over, had heartburn, had stiff wrists and fingers, my hips and pelvis felt like they would snap at any moment, and I thought for sure there was something wrong the entire time. I'm 21 weeks along now, and really just want week 40 to come quickly. I am not swollen all over yet, and am trying to not gain so much weight, but am pessimistic about all of the upcoming symptoms with the 3rd trimester. Of course, the worry of a complication is just as bad. So scary.

Hopefully the feeling of being 100% inadequate as a mother to this newborn will be better the second time around! After an uncomfortable 9 months of pregnancy, struggling with a newborn and not feeling like you are doing anything right makes for a really rough year.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My first pg wasn't as bad. The second I had terrible nerve pain in my back/tailbone. The morning sickness sucks, but I'm thankful it went away after first tri for me. Sex life greatly decreases. My first pregnancy I thought I was having a stroke. It was probably an anxiety attack looking back, but scared me the rest of the pregnancy. Just being tired and in pain all the time without being able to sleep well or medicate sucks!
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options
    I agree with everything. Heartburn, swelling, restlessness,  itchy skin, acne, everything. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"